1.    #1  
    Why do we have so little really creative apps? I'm a 3D artist and would love to use my touchpad to create 3D models on. How about a port of Blender or Sculptris or the like. Or anything that will allow simple creation and editing of 3D objects.
    man, that sounds like a tall order...

does anyone know if Blender is compiled for ARM?
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Or those open-source apps (sorry, not familiar with them)? Of not, you would have to contact the developer about porting them?
    That would be great, but you'd need a webGL capable platform for that. As far as I know, webOS does not have webGl support? Only software rendering.
    And what about the engine used for 3d games?
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    And what about the engine used for 3d games?
    Yes, you're absolutely right.... webOS is perfectly capable of 3D. I was thinking specifically of webGL support in the Browser.
    There's no WebGL support in webOS.
    My main concern with a 3D app would be precision. If you're thinking of Blender, you need to have space for lots of buttons and a way to rotate/move things. If you were sculpturing, you need to have pressure sensitivity (not sure if that's available to developers) and precision, though it would be cool to be able to mold and squeeze an on-screen object like in real life.
    Why do we have so little really creative apps? I'm a 3D artist and would love to use my touchpad to create 3D models on. How about a port of Blender or Sculptris or the like. Or anything that will allow simple creation and editing of 3D objects.
    blender is widely regarded as having the worst possible user interface of anything anywhere in the software business. Lets port it to tablet!! Heh

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    And what about povray ? As far as I know it's the best move for 3d rendering. Someone ported it to arm: http://news.povray.org/povray.genera...povray.org%3E/

We just have to find a gui...

Sent from an HP Touchpad turned evil
    Arf, damn android, I cant find a way to edit my post.

anyway, jere are some opensource apps to get started: http://www.povray.org/resources/link...ling_Programs/

Sent from an HP Touchpad turned evil
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    blender is widely regarded as having the worst possible user interface of anything anywhere in the software business. Lets port it to tablet!! Heh

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    That is a tricky program to learn....I've watched several hours worth of instructional videos....so I'm glad it isn't just me.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    That is a tricky program to learn....I've watched several hours worth of instructional videos....so I'm glad it isn't just me.
    it was designed to be used with one hand on the keyboard and one hand on the mouse.

hmm
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive