Page 99 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    Hi all,
    Because of all the problems that the previous version had, I decided, from now on, to publish the new versions only for testing purposes before making it available to everyone.

Please try it thoroughly if you dare . Above all check the lag problem and the battery drain, and any other unusual behavior.

Download from:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._1.6.3_all.ipk

I await your feedback.
    So far so good...
    Hi all,
    Because of all the problems that the previous version had, I decided, from now on, to publish the new versions only for testing purposes before making it available to everyone.

Please try it thoroughly if you dare . Above all check the lag problem and the battery drain, and any other unusual behavior.

Download from:

I await your feedback.
    Great work as always, will give it a go. Any clues to what caused the slowdown? Some memory leak or...?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 10/03/2013 at 02:57 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Hi all,

Download from:

I await your feedback.
    Great, thank you, gonna test it on my Pre 3 from the UK.
    Oh and, what can I do to help with translation ENG-ITA?

EDIT: Woohoo, finally I can see the Preferences! No more blank pages instead!
    Last edited by WebOSLloyd; 10/03/2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: update
    Hi all,

Download from:

I await your feedback.
    Good Job ;D
    The Version 1.6.3 works much better than 1.6.2 !!
    Still a bit laggy like in 1.5.x, but how ever, it works
    Thank you
  5.    #1965  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Great work as always, will give it a go. Any clues to what caused the slowdown? Some memory leak or...?

I've increased slightly the maximum amount of memory of the program and have optimized access to data structures and minimized internet messages.
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    OK :-) Just wondering: do you use any tools to check for memory leaks etc? I know there are a few around, in case you don't use them might be worth to try?

Last edited by Herrie; 10/04/2013 at 02:13 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    thanks amoralico for another update. I am testing it since 3 hrs. I like the new notification change. Back to my beloved palm look on msgs. There is a noticeable lag in functions unlike the 1.6.0 and 1.6.1. Though this is much better than 1.6.2 and bearable I must say till next routine update. Can't comment on battery yet.I like the new interface on welcome screen though I must say I never use the broadcast function. I'd like to see a bit less crowded drop down menu. Hardly use most tabs there and would prefer them hidden and exit option easily visible. In all good update so far amoralico , thanks again.
    one thing left out. We have almost all functions in mojowhatsup . One that is left out yet is ' blocking a person from sending you msg on whatsapp' . My sis needed that function and had to move over to android for lack of the same.I must confess I don't understand the technicalities involved but if possible such a function would be welcome by all.
    TUFF Stough and mashj like this.
    hmmhhh installed 1.6.3, went ok, boot up and all my chats are gone, can't start a new one.

I'll reboot and check again...

EDIT

Reboot didn't make it work, but a redownload and another installation did. All chats are back, up and working properly again!
    Last edited by TheMARTPre3; 10/04/2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Here's what I think is the first problem found since I've installed 1.6.3, which isn't unbearable though: when MWU is reduced to an icon in the dashboard, tapping it twice will re-open the app, but swiping it to left of right will close it. I don't know if it's normal, but it never happened to me using previous versions.
    Hi / Hola!

Veo un serio problema en mi caso con la versión 1.6.3 en la veer 2.2.4, no se si se ha mencionado antes, pero lo bueno del mojowhatsup es que podía insertar código html en mis mensajes, haciendo marquesinas, cambios de colores, negrita, cursiva... ahora el campo de texto se actualiza para así poder mostrar los emoticonos cuando redactas el mensaje, o al menos tengo esa sensación, que además de ralentizar supongo que consumirá más batería.

El problema es que al actualizar el campo de texto, lee si hay html y lo ejecuta aunque no esté cerrada la etiqueta, si has puesto la etiqueta de negrita, te cambia todo el chat con esa persona a negrita. Me ha pasado que al enviar, parte de un código html de estilo de texto a otra veer 2.1.2 con mojowhatsup también 1.6.3 , se le ha aplicado el estilo de texto a su chat y creo que lo solucionó, escribiendo la etiqueta de cierre del estilo de texto.

Google translate

I see a serious problem in my case with the veer 1.6.3 version 2.2.4, do not know if it has been mentioned before, but the good thing is that mojowhatsup could insert html code in my posts, making shelters, color changes, bold, italics ... Now the text field is updated in order to display the smileys when composing the message, or at least I have that feeling, that I guess besides slowing consume more battery.

The problem is that when updating the text field, if there html reads and executes even if the tag is closed, if you set the bold tag, you change all the chat with that person to bold. It has happened that when sending, part of html code text style to another mojowhatsup also veer 2.1.2 with 1.6.3, has been applied to the text style to your chat and I solved it by writing the label text style closure.

byeeee!! and thanks amoralico!!
    Battery life DOES seem to be a bit worse. Seems like I'm only getting half of my usual battery life on my Pre 3, though I still need more usage to get this confirmed.

(sorry... )
    @amoralico: i also have (like other in last 3 pages) problems on backing up .vcf files with spaces in filenames via save&restore. Perhaps you can adress this in one of the upcoming releases. It's no important one, just if you have fixed the serious stuff since 1.5x.
    Gosh, I have an account here! Anyway, I'm positive about 1.6.3: it's faster than 1.6.2 and does everything I want it to do. I'm not sure if this has been a quiet day for me, but at the end of it I'm left with a lot more battery than normal. So far so good! :-)
    addition to previous posts - in last 24 hrs twice the preferences which I selected were reverted back to default ,namely,
    1. Chat bubbles from palm to default whatsapp
    2.background from blank to default .and I had to change again both times. Not much of an issue just thought I should mention. No unusual apps done to trigger this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
    addition to previous posts - in last 24 hrs twice the preferences which I selected were reverted back to default ,namely,
    2.background from blank to default .and I had to change again both times. Not much of an issue just thought I should mention. No unusual apps done to trigger this.
    I can confirm this... Also comprises the user customized notification sound/vibration settings for the app...
    The same thing happened here...
    Looks like the same bug that plagued previous versions, some rare situation it glitches it into deleting the cookie. Strangely I didn't have this with 1.6.0 or 1.6.1, but did get one after updating to 1.6.3.

Also noticed some other stuff
    - Sometimes the read indicator doesn't sync up
    - I'm noticing sometimes messages getting delayed, but not sure if this is a WA problem
    - Still getting blank chats and taking a bit of time to load occasionally
    - Minor bug, if you tap on the "n unread messages", it has a menu option to "Chat with null"
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Installed 1.6.3 on my Pre3 and it works like a charm
    Had 1.6.2 before with known problems.

That MWU closes when swiping in icon-mode is a good feature to close it quickly.

Thank you Antonio! Great job!
    Last edited by ibram; 10/06/2013 at 07:48 AM.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Looks like the same bug that plagued previous versions, some rare situation it glitches it into deleting the cookie. Strangely I didn't have this with 1.6.0 or 1.6.1, but did get one after updating to 1.6.3.

Also noticed some other stuff
    - Sometimes the read indicator doesn't sync up
    - I'm noticing sometimes messages getting delayed, but not sure if this is a WA problem
    - Still getting blank chats and taking a bit of time to load occasionally this is what we talked before..usually on first opening the chat window, responded quicker with further attempts (lag around 2 secs)
    - Minor bug, if you tap on the "n unread messages", it has a menu option to "Chat with null"
    I can confirm the underlined stuff. Couldnt notice the last one.