Page 96 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    I've got the same problems
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    For some strange reason 1.6.2 just freezes and won't respond to touches on my phone, then all of a sudden a bunch of wild menu jumps. Also takes forever to load messages, as a results tapping a chat just results in a blank window with nothing loading.

Trying to downgrade to 1.6.1 but it won't install over, start the app and it's still 1.6.2.

And IMHO, don't like the contact list default view...

EDIT: Did a Luna reset and seems better. I think this new version is not playing nice with double byte characters which webOS itself isn't very nice with.

EDIT 2: Spoke too soon. It's still not working, tap a chat, does nothing, then after a minute group chat window opens, with blanks, then messages show and can't scroll at all. Also did the DB structure change? Save/Restore isn't backing anything up other than the mojowhatsup/ folder which only contains profile images which I can care less about.

EDIT 3: Found the issue. There were some VCF contact files in the appdata directory with spaces in the names, Save/Restore didn't like it.

EDIT 4: Back to 1.6.1 and everything back to normal (did give me a heart attack for a short while since settings were not restored, but messages did). I'll take my backup to my test device to see what's going on with 1.6.2. Also one thing already noticed is that the menu option for "Send Broadcast" and "Send Broadcast Message" seems to be duplicated.
    1.6.2 seems good, but it is really very slow...
    Was wondering, if the problem is somewhere else, but when also the others say that, I think it's a problem of the version...

Is there a possibility to downgrade on 1.6.1?
    Have even tried to install via preware, but there were no changes ...

Maybe I just have to be patient so problems will be fixed?!

In general: Very good work!
    Thanks amoralico!!!
    1.6.2 works fine after lunar restart, however, somehow it is not as smooth as previous version (especifically with the "all chats" on) . I like the default chat view too, however, it would be perfect if the "my status" bar can be hided or move to the bottom of the chats view.
    thanks again!
    Palm IIIe > Sony S300 > Sony N700 > Sony TG50 > Sony TH55 > Trēo 680 > Palm Prē > Palm Prē 2 (GSM) + Veer
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

Version 1.6.1 froze my phone (Pre3, 8GB) sometimes. After that I installed version 1.6.2 - its very slow. It slows down the complete phone until I receive the message "to many cards" even if no cards are open. Due to the behavior of the program its nearly unusable. As long as MojoWhatsUp is not running the phone works fine. Last really stable version for me and my Pre3 was 1.6.0.

Edit: A luna restart or a device restart does not make any difference. WhatsUp crashes and the phone has to be restarted some time later.

Best regards

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by spbb View Post
    Thanks amoralico!!!
    1.6.2 works fine after lunar restart, however, somehow it is not as smooth as previous version (especifically with the "all chats" on) . I like the default chat view too, however, it would be perfect if the "my status" bar can be hided or move to the bottom of the chats view.
    thanks again!
    That was the first thing I noticed too. IMO it's a bit intrusive to the screen estate.
    All the slowdowns and too many cards is probably a memory leak. Quite sure there should be some tools to troubleshoot this at C(++) side source code?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    1.6.2 gives me slowdowns and freezes too, while Luna itself keeps responsive. 1.6.1 was running smooth though
    Quote Originally Posted by spbb View Post
    Thanks amoralico!!!
    thanks again!
    I agree with this also. Don't see a need for it when you can set the status via the menu.

I tried to remove the mystatus section from the chat-list-scene, but the assistant file needs to be edited and I have no idea how to read a jsjsjs $file$.

There's a tiny bug with the splashBackground repeating instead of stretching to fill the screen on a veer.
    Last edited by mizerable; 09/24/2013 at 04:22 PM.
  9.    #1909  
    Ok. Thanks for your feedback.
    It will be very helpful if those of you with slowdown problems can tell me how many chats do you have in the main scene.
    In my Veer with 6 chats it works smooth. However I will continue testing.
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    Thank-you for your great work.

I live in Mexico. And this makes the app difficult to use. I can reply but I cannot send messages unless I create a special whatsapp phone number.

However, there may be simple fix that I have yet to figure out.

Here in Mexico our country code is 52. However when dialing into Mexico to a cell phone the number also includes a 1 as in +52 1 984 XXX-YYYY

I can only see how to dial from contacts and the contacts numbers don't include the 1 they look like this +52 984 XXX-YYYY. Whatsapp messages don't go through.

If I get a whatsapp message, the number of the sender in Mexico includes the one (1) and a simple reply will work. If I simply add 1s to the numbers in my contact list, I can't use these numbers for voice calls. The only solution I have is to add a separate phone number for every contact that includes the extra 1.

I did not run into this issue on the Android version.
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    It will be very helpful if those of you with slowdown problems can tell me how many chats do you have in the main scene.
    I have 26 chats (group and private), the slow down can be felt significantly.
    1.6.1 reports that I have 50 chats and 91 contacts.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    For some strange reason 1.6.2 just freezes and won't respond to touches on my phone, then all of a sudden a bunch of wild menu jumps. Also takes forever to load messages, as a results tapping a chat just results in a blank window with nothing loading.

Trying to downgrade to 1.6.1 but it won't install over, start the app and it's still 1.6.2.

And IMHO, don't like the contact list default view...

EDIT: Did a Luna reset and seems better. I think this new version is not playing nice with double byte characters which webOS itself isn't very nice with.

EDIT 2: Spoke too soon. It's still not working, tap a chat, does nothing, then after a minute group chat window opens, with blanks, then messages show and can't scroll at all. Also did the DB structure change? Save/Restore isn't backing anything up other than the mojowhatsup/ folder which only contains profile images which I can care less about.

EDIT 3: Found the issue. There were some VCF contact files in the appdata directory with spaces in the names, Save/Restore didn't like it.

EDIT 4: Back to 1.6.1 and everything back to normal (did give me a heart attack for a short while since settings were not restored, but messages did). I'll take my backup to my test device to see what's going on with 1.6.2. Also one thing already noticed is that the menu option for "Send Broadcast" and "Send Broadcast Message" seems to be duplicated.
    hey, will you please tell me how did you go back from 1.6.2 to 1.6.1 or 1.6.0 . I am a regular user of Mojowhatsup and since upgrading i can't have a quick conversation . Also I am experiencing overall performance lag in my Pre2. I have about 25 chats and about 100 contacts .
    (I tried reinstalling 1.6.1 from the link but it didnt work)
    I think i have got more or less 60 chats open. But that didn't make a problem to the previous version.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

I tried to re-install version 1.6.0. Unfortunately I forgot my password and I am not able to log on into my WhatsUp account. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you and best regards!

Fred
    hey,again I want to go back to previous version . I forgot the pw I created for Mojowhatsup. How can I take backup of settings and chat logs ? Or should I just uninstall and then install the 1.6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
    hey, will you please tell me how did you go back from 1.6.2 to 1.6.1 or 1.6.0 ...
    Just deinstall 1.6.2 via Preware and reinstall version 1.6.1 via Preware. Thats the way I have done.
    Chats are also away, but that's not a problem for me. All of your received pictures are still there...
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    Hello,

I tried to re-install version 1.6.0. Unfortunately I forgot my password and I am not able to log on into my WhatsUp account. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you and best regards!

Fred
    It is recommended to make a backup before updating just in case. Follow the instructions in this post.

It won't let you install an older version in place of a newer version, you have to delete the app first then install the version you want.

But make sure you have a backup of your settings/registration before deleting the app
    Last edited by mizerable; 09/25/2013 at 07:09 AM. Reason: fixed the link to easier to follow backup instructions
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mizerable View Post
    It is recommended to make a backup before updating just in case. Follow the instructions in this post.

It won't let you install an older version in place of a newer version, you have to delete the app first then install the version you want.

But make sure you have a backup of your settings/registration before deleting the app
    Thank you!

Yes, thats the way I tried it (delete the app and re-install it), but I have only a copy of the folders/files on the Pre 3, not a save-restore-backup. Save-restore does not show an option to backup MojoWhatsUp. And I do not know how to include the script from your link.

Anyway, I am not able to logon. Do you know where additional information on MojoWhatsUp is stored? I could try to copy the file, as I have copies of all files...
    Thanks for the continuous work and updates !!!
    Vas