Page 92 of 142 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    If I remember correctly it wasn't so much the service, but it was access to contacts and stuff. Hence even why the service had to use the "com.palm" name.
    well there was already a project trying to run whatsapp as synergy messaging service which would provide your wished function. Perhaps you get a grab of the code, but i assume other then the eyecandy not having an Icon in notification area not much would change. Esp. I don't expect better battery life.

If you are really interessted, perhaps teaming up with amoralico would be more useful to have the often protocol changes covered, then developing/maintaining same app in "different style".
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    well there was already a project trying to run whatsapp as synergy messaging service which would provide your wished function. Perhaps you get a grab of the code, but i assume other then the eyecandy not having an Icon in notification area not much would change. Esp. I don't expect better battery life.

If you are really interessted, perhaps teaming up with amoralico would be more useful to have the often protocol changes covered, then developing/maintaining same app in "different style".
    eblade was leading the Synergy development, until he didn't want to carry on with it.

https://github.com/ericblade/whazaa
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Actually I did know about the disscontinued synergy plugin... also considered picking that up at one point. However, there's a couple of open questions keeping me from doing so. First and formost, I don't believe group chat was considered in the original palm messaging app... if that was the case, either the app wouldn't allow group chatting or would require ugly hacks like adding pseudo contacts for groups (which is a crappy idea to begin with)... also some of the whatsapp features currently supported by mojowhatsup like on the fly compression of images may be hard to implement...
    Finally I don't think it makes alot of sense to create a competing solution to the existing app (which is great btw) seeing the few active developers the webos community still has, I think it makes alot of sense to join efforts to get things done.

So even though there might be other points which are more important to the average user (like why does registration not work, etc), I have two points I'd really like to help improve: the notification thing which is just a little usability annoyance and the fact that the background process seems to suck alot of energy out of our smartphones... so these are the ones i'd like to focus on... that said it seems to be a nice idea to have a deamon running to check for updates (which might even be configurable with interval setable by the user and intelligent interval adoption depending on user behaviour)... not totally sure (haven't looked into the code in depth yet) but I would guess there's some space for improvement there...
    group chat is possible in messaging as with skype synergy you can do so (but not initiating a group as far as i know, so not complete).

But with all the other reasons i'm with you that joining forces is better than splitting.
    Hi folks, the mojo whatsup app is runnable even on WebOs 1.4.5? i have a pre and when i start the app appear a white screen and nothing change for a minutes, until i close that...
    can you help me?
    Hey I have a problem with this app. Can you help me please ?
    I have e HP veer 4G.
    I can't get sms code, get voice code or register. What am I supposed to do?
    All of my friends have whatsapp and ı want it to but I can't register.
    I read the FAQ. But I don't get what is the "Push Name"?
    I wrote my CC, my mobile phone number. when I touched "Get SMS Code" or "Get Voice Code" It says:
    Request Result
    status = fail
    reason = old_version.
    And I don't have a Android Device.
    What am I supposed to do? Please help me.
    And sorry for my poor english.
    Last edited by MuArt; 09/09/2013 at 08:56 AM.
    both of you above ^ read the FAQ again, answers are there.
    Thanks for reply.
    I read the FAQ five times. I waited one week. I tried again but It says same thing. Am I wait little bit ?
    Seriously, we need a separate development thread. Mods think you can help us out?
    Quote Originally Posted by MuArt View Post
    Thanks for reply.
    I read the FAQ five times. I waited one week. I tried again but It says same thing. Am I wait little bit ?
    Hello I was on the same boat as yours, same device, same error message and waited for more than a week. I just tried this (as amoralico has updated in the FAQ), received the SMS code right away and now registered on Mojowhatsup:

http://whitesoft.dyndns.org:2222/whatsapp_sms

Thanks a million to amoralico and many of you that shared steps and tips here!
    MuArt likes this.
    Dear everglobe,
    Fist I tried your(or amoralico's) method. And It works. Now I am using whatsapp. A million thanks to you my friend. Thank you very much. You made my day. Now I can chat with my friends with this app. Thank you again my friend.
    P.S. Sorry for my poor english.
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    Until I fix again the registration problem you can use the following web service to get the sms code: http://whitesoft.dyndns.org:2222/whatsapp_sms .
    I tried it now and seems to work well. Thanks to the guys of the wazapp forum at Maemo.org

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    amorilco, not sure how that worked but it did. after months of messing around I am now able to use this app. thank you
    Last edited by mypalmpred; 09/27/2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
    Amoralico, sorry to bring this up but there seems to be a problem with some smileys (or all of them). I still have to check which ones cause the problem and which do not, if any.

What really happens: When I send a smiley in a group-chat (don't know yet about a private chat) it immediately causes a crash of whatsapp on all iPhones in that chat, except the iPhones with an older version of whatsapp. On that iPhones whatsapp can be restarted en used, except when trying to open that particular group-chat whatsapp keeps on crashing. Android users don't experience that problem at all. I'm on 1.5.6., Veer 2.2.4

Don't really know if it is caused by the last update of MWU, what I do know is that I experienced some trouble with smileys on 1.5.5. in the sense that the message I sent with some of the smileys simply did not arrive or gave a ":null" message on an iPhone, whatever that may be.

I hope this is a useful description of the problem
    It was after sending a smiley of being mad, broke all the phones of my group chat in Katy TX, they immediately knew it was my phone, need to ask if all 6 of them have only iphones, they could not access the group chat and needed to empty their other chats (?) to reentry to the group, I am not very popular right now

Update I just entered the chat group al all of them immediately were left out of the goup chat and reenter, weird
    Long live Palm, I married my wife because she gave me a Palm III in 1998.
    This one is weird. I wonder if it's the way how emoticons are handled on iPhones. I have a similar situation, got a group chat with 2 iPhones and rest are all Android. Only 1 iPhone reported the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by maqk View Post
    It was after sending a smiley of being mad, broke all the phones of my group chat in Katy TX, they immediately knew it was my phone, need to ask if all 6 of them have only iphones, they could not access the group chat and needed to empty their other chats (?) to reentry to the group, I am not very popular right now

Update I just entered the chat group al all of them immediately were left out of the goup chat and reenter, weird
    So I uninstalled MojoWhatsup and reinstall version 1.5.3 so far the others are saying is probably a tracking program related to the emoticon (?), one of 7 affected users is Android, rest iphones, not sending smiley faces
    Long live Palm, I married my wife because she gave me a Palm III in 1998.
    Am I the only one having this problem?
    I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
    And pardon - should've mentioned that
    I'm trying to get it running on a Veer.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa Lars View Post
    "status=fail
    reason=bad_param
    param=number"
    It's finally running - thanks alot for the good work, amoralico and sorry for being too stupid, first.
  19.    #1839  
    New version of MojoWhatsup is available. Please test it and report bugs and suggestions.

https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...Download-links

New features:
    - Fixed last registration problem (fail-old-version)
    - Send audio memos using microphone button in chat view
    - Added support for broadcast messages
    - Send/forward message to multiple recipients
    - Export chat messages into html file
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    New version of MojoWhatsup is available. Please test it and report bugs and suggestions.
    Antonio, you're the man! Gracias!

Will test it in a few hours and report back
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg