Page 86 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Sure, but I understood that somebody was attempting to register on two devices. If you register in one, ant then clone that MojoWhatsup on another, then their servers should not notice any difference, I guess...
    Unless they are tracking device MAC addresses at registration, I don't see how that would work to identify that. In the code there's no such information sent.

So the only possibility to detect is when two devices are logging on at the same time, to trigger the lockout. If anything I'm sure it's just a scare tactic or a rep that didn't know what he/she is talking about. WhatsApp is a huge fan of "security by obfuscation".
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Funny thing is last night I got unregistered after a phone reboot, all cookies lost, both registration and app prefs. I captured some logs, didn't go through in detail yet but so far found nothing.
    is it worth posting this in the wazapp forums, as it now happend twice here? (i have no account there).

perhaps it's time to backup all MWU data with save&restore, so in case of unregistering you have at least convo data secured. and be sure to move .zip file elsewhere so it is not overwritten by nightly save&restore backup with an unregged/purged profile.
    I am going to try Bluestacks on a PC... wish me luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    is it worth posting this in the wazapp forums, as it now happend twice here? (i have no account there).

perhaps it's time to backup all MWU data with save&restore, so in case of unregistering you have at least convo data secured. and be sure to move .zip file elsewhere so it is not overwritten by nightly save&restore backup with an unregged/purged profile.
    I don't think my problem is related to MWU directly. Antonio has been scratching his head about this bug for some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    I am going to try Bluestacks on a PC... wish me luck!
    well, installing Bluestack and WhatsApp was easy on my Win7 laptop. Registration also no problem via Bluestack.

But cant login via my pre.....Giving me bad password. I tried to reset password, but their help system requires original pwd, which they are not accepting. Stuck in a bizzare loop. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mypalmpred; 06/12/2013 at 04:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I didn't see anything in gizmo's FAQ (or I'm a bit blind), but I want to ask if there is anything I should know before moving on to another platform and an official client.
    Will I have any problem using WhatsApp if I move to Android?
    Should I do anything?
    I don't know but even if something goes wrong you then have an officially supported and perhaps even paid client, so official support WA should help you then.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 06/13/2013 at 01:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I didn't see anything in gizmo's FAQ (or I'm a bit blind), but I want to ask if there is anything I should know before moving on to another platform and an official client.
    Will I have any problem using WhatsApp if I move to Android?
    Should I do anything?
    I have a Fongo number which I use for testing in between webOS and Android. So far no problems back and forth registering both. Sad to see you go though (although I'm seriously considering a Galaxy Relay myself as well.)
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Hi,

I use a Palm Pre plus webOS 1.4.5 . Since Mojowhatsup doesnt work with it, is there any way to change the webOS in order to get whatsapp?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bastellomeus View Post
    Hi,

I use a Palm Pre plus webOS 1.4.5 . Since Mojowhatsup doesnt work with it, is there any way to change the webOS in order to get whatsapp?

Thanks
    Have fun.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade

A little searching would've got you that too, btw.
    namgod likes this.
    Just in case someone is running 2.1.0 and you are not comfortable with the "blurry" notification icon when you minimize the application do these steps:
    1. use internalz and go to the mojowhatsup folder/images
    2. copy file mojowhasup32.png to your pc, keep a copy of the original file just in case
    3. change size of the icon to 24x24
    4. copy the new 24x24 file to the mojowhatsup folder/images
    You are done. I know this is a generic tip about notification icons but I guess someone might come here searching...
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Argh I lost my registration this morning again! Trying to get a code via Android but seems like taking longer than usual.

EDIT: Also notice that after re-registering, MWU won't stay resident (i.e. throwing card away = closing app). Going to reboot phone to try again.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 06/19/2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    Everything was working fine on my touchpad. The MWU was smooth.
    But then i used the same number on WA on my blackberry so it automatically disconnected from MWU.
    Now I want it back on MWU but it asks for code or Login password. I read in previous posts that there is a problem going on signing in. I also tried getting code on a new mobile no., but still no success.. Is it possible to Go on my WA on blackberry --> Account ---> Change my number and then I enter my new number and when i receive the sms code I use that code in MWU??
    Any other way around ?
    I have latest MWU 1.5.4.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coolflames View Post
    Everything was working fine on my touchpad. The MWU was smooth.
    But then i used the same number on WA on my blackberry so it automatically disconnected from MWU.
    Now I want it back on MWU but it asks for code or Login password. I read in previous posts that there is a problem going on signing in. I also tried getting code on a new mobile no., but still no success.. Is it possible to Go on my WA on blackberry --> Account ---> Change my number and then I enter my new number and when i receive the sms code I use that code in MWU??
    Any other way around ?
    I have latest MWU 1.5.4.
    Thanks
    There are reports of people who are using multiple devices this way getting locked out. I think they actually change the password on your account so you will need to reregister again.
    Oh and a word of warning: do NOT interrupt Save/Restore when it makes a backup. Don't touch it, don't go into card view, nothing. I just lost a month and a half worth of messages, with some fairly important dialog too unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    In fact I was able to get de code by sms using bluestack but i'm still unable to log in because of the password.

I hope we can get a fix soon, i'll keep trying to find a way in the meantime.
    Just going back through this thread and reading the history of posts, and this describes the issue that I'm having as well.....

I was able to successfully register and login via bluestack, but when I try via my Pre2, I get password errors no matter what combination of Push name/pwd I try. I guess I am confused as I do not understand if this is still an outstanding bug with the application, or if this is a Whatsapp provider issue, or if this is a user error on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    But technically that's the only way we can make it work until registration is fixed.

Device 1 (Android/BlueStacks) to request the code, then Device 2 (webOS Device) to log on.
    So, after I request and receive the code in BlueStacks, what EXACTLY are the next steps?

Do I simply enter my country code, mobile telelphone number (with area code), push name (as I understand it, can be anything), and my SMS code into my Pre handset via MojoWhatsUp? And then what's next, do I attempt to register, or do I simply try to login? If login, my understanding is that the password does NOT matter as it is stored in a cookie which I can view via Impostah.
    So, after I request and receive the code in BlueStacks, what EXACTLY are the next steps?

Do I simply enter my country code, mobile telelphone number (with area code), push name (as I understand it, can be anything), and my SMS code into my Pre handset via MojoWhatsUp? And then what's next, do I attempt to register, or do I simply try to login? If login, my understanding is that the password does NOT matter as it is stored in a cookie which I can view via Impostah.
    Just tap Register, phone should do the rest, enter the SMS code without the dash. Don't use the Login button.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Just going back through this thread and reading the history of posts, and this describes the issue that I'm having as well.....

I was able to successfully register and login via bluestack, but when I try via my Pre2, I get password errors no matter what combination of Push name/pwd I try. I guess I am confused as I do not understand if this is still an outstanding bug with the application, or if this is a Whatsapp provider issue, or if this is a user error on my part.
    You're not supposed to log on into Bluestacks, you just send the SMS request with it. That's why it didn't work.

if someone can give a detailed step by step manual with bluestacks, i'll add it to the faq.