Page 85 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    help! I have not received the registration code. :'(
    Last edited by ANUBIS1975; 06/04/2013 at 06:56 PM.
    Guess what?

I'm baaaaaaack!

Here is how I made it: A friend of mine used a regular WhatsApp running inside the YouWave Android emulator, where you can set any phone number you want. So she put my phone number, asked for the validation code by SMS, and it failed. But then, she asked for the validation code by voice call and it worked! I got a robotic call from Alabama, it seems, with the six digits code.

I put the code in MojoWhatsup, crossed my fingers and hit "Register": BANG, I got in again. It's a pity I didn't make a screenshot of the result, as MojoWhtastup showe a pop up message with interesting data.

Previously, the WhatsApp support guy told me that, indeed, he had seen a validation code request in their logs, but "coming from an unsupported device". So guys beware, WhatsApp can indeed know which device you are using, and although their service says the SMS is going to be delivered, actually it's not. He also said that using their service from several devices (of course, not at the same time) can indeed kick you out.

I don't know what goes inside the SMS request, but there's something that tells WhatsApp which device you use (perhaps the IMEI?). It's a pity Antonio hasn't asnwered me, this bit is interesting.

Even more, then, why did the voice call request work, when the SMS request didn't?

Yooo-hooo!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    so now go and make a backup of your profile via save&restore to avoid re-registering next time you uninstall/install instead of updating

Data of of the forgotten screenshot can be found in Impostah-App Cookies i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    so now go and make a backup of your profile via save&restore to avoid re-registering next time you uninstall/install instead of updating

Data of of the forgotten screenshot can be found in Impostah-App Cookies i think.
    Sure! Never, never again loose the registration data. I knew about the cookie (Antonio told me), and can see it with Impostah but... Are cookies stored in files, that can be saved and restored?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Sure! Never, never again loose the registration data. I knew about the cookie (Antonio told me), and can see it with Impostah but... Are cookies stored in files, that can be saved and restored?
    yes you can:

MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
    Help !!! I have not received the registration code!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUBIS1975 View Post
    Help !!! I have not received the registration code!!
    yeah you already told us that 5 postings ago and if you read the last 2 pages you will see that there is a reg problem right now, that is beeing worked on. It is unsure if and when a fix arrives for Mojowhatsup.

Workaround is posted by jmarcos 4 posts up.

Please first read, then try it, then try it again, then give detailled problem description. We are all doing this in our spare time.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Added to FAQ:
    As the registration method is often changed it could happen that needs some time to implement a fix, if registration is needed in this time you could try to use an Android emulation software on a PC like "BlueStacks":MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos) or "YouWave":MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos) or open original WhatsApp on an other Android-Phone to optain the (sms)-registration code for your webOS phonenumber and enter it afterwards in MWU.
    Rnp likes this.
    Hi, everybody,

I have an HP veer and an HP pre 3.... i installed mojowhatsup on my HP veer, i tried to obtain the code via sms, and finally I solved the problem , with an android emulator on my PC......

Now my mojowhatsup is perfect BUT.....

i installed the same on my pre 3, i insterted code, telephone, and the same code but, i i try to register the answer is fail, status = slite , i i try to do login, i cannot insert the right password.... how can i find the pass? how can i solve it?

tks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy luotto View Post
    Hi, everybody,

I have an HP veer and an HP pre 3.... i installed mojowhatsup on my HP veer, i tried to obtain the code via sms, and finally I solved the problem , with an android emulator on my PC......

Now my mojowhatsup is perfect BUT.....

i installed the same on my pre 3, i insterted code, telephone, and the same code but, i i try to register the answer is fail, status = slite , i i try to do login, i cannot insert the right password.... how can i find the pass? how can i solve it?

tks in advance
    1. does the second device have it's own telephone number and you want a second WA account, you have to do the same steps with new number as you did to register your first device.

2. If you have a wifi only second device or warnt to use same WA acount on second device, go the FAQ and try save&restore to port over all data to the other device . Beware that data is NOT synced between those two devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    1. does the second device have it's own telephone number and you want a second WA account, you have to do the same steps with new number as you did to register your first device.

2. If you have a wifi only second device or warnt to use same WA acount on second device, go the FAQ and try save&restore to port over all data to the other device . Beware that data is NOT synced between those two devices.

tks, sorry i'm a newbie, so i try to explain better. I would like to use the same GMS sim card , the same telephone number.... i would like to shift my gsm card from HP veer ( too small for a daily use for me) to the pre3 .... i imagine the choice is 2, but i don't know exactly what to do and what is a WA account.....

tks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy luotto View Post
    tks, sorry i'm a newbie, so i try to explain better. I would like to use the same GMS sim card , the same telephone number.... i would like to shift my gsm card from HP veer ( too small for a daily use for me) to the pre3 .... i imagine the choice is 2, but i don't know exactly what to do and what is a WA account.....

tks again
    WA account = WhatsApp account...

Basically just clone all the data using Save/Restore to the new device.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    WA account = WhatsApp account...

Basically just clone all the data using Save/Restore to the new device.
    yes, but how?

i installed tehe Save/restore App on my veer but mojowhatsup is not compatible :-(
    @Andy luotto:
    Please read all in FAQ and all linked forum postings regarding save&restore with mojowhatsup, it has all be said there. It could be difficult for webOS newbies, but then again you won't get your special config easy on other OSes.
    I had MWA in both the touchpad and the Pre 3. And suddenly, my pre 3 was unregistered last week. Now I cannot register again. Any ideas?
    @incomx read FAQ and last two pages of this thread, before posting.

@all others, reg prob still not fixed in wazapp: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84318&page=987
    Funny thing is last night I got unregistered after a phone reboot, all cookies lost, both registration and app prefs. I captured some logs, didn't go through in detail yet but so far found nothing.
    A WhatsApp support guy told me that if you attempt to use the same account on multiple devices, you might get locked out. I'm almost certain that the current protocol has something in it for WhatsApp to know which device you are using. Beware.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    A WhatsApp support guy told me that if you attempt to use the same account on multiple devices, you might get locked out. I'm almost certain that the current protocol has something in it for WhatsApp to know which device you are using. Beware.
    But technically that's the only way we can make it work until registration is fixed.

Device 1 (Android/BlueStacks) to request the code, then Device 2 (webOS Device) to log on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    But technically that's the only way we can make it work until registration is fixed.

Device 1 (Android/BlueStacks) to request the code, then Device 2 (webOS Device) to log on.
    Sure, but I understood that somebody was attempting to register on two devices. If you register in one, ant then clone that MojoWhatsup on another, then their servers should not notice any difference, I guess...