Page 8 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    One Ome Important thing , Amoralico : the app always opened in notification is orrible . Make something on this point
    In the pulldown tap Exit.

EDIT- I think you meant just have the background running but no constant notification. But I'm not sure how it would work to make it work cleanly considering I'm already having a lot of problems with the built-in IM system for it being headless, the current design makes it a bit easier to control knowing the process is running, at least from a debugging standpoint.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    yes i tried putting them in the correct format but people who werent in the original set of 145 that showed on the whatsapp contact list are showing when i modify them on the whatsapp list from my contacts,my bro was actually not on that list but still able to message me but his name will just not show up on the whatsapp client although it is in the correct format on my native contacts app.i will keep trying though
    No not the number format, but number TYPE. i.e. Mobile, Home, Work.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

One small aesthetic thing...

Can we make the minimized notification icon not a bright green? Doesn't go well with the other black and white icons. :P

I would do it but I sold my desktop a while ago and my netbook probably won't like Photoshop...

@amoralico:
    Is it true your client is "more secure" in terms of authentication so that your client is not sending the plain IMEI or MAC the server, but additionally using the hashed password? German Forum discussing this (google translate helps):
    "Whatsapp" für webOS - Neuer Versuch einer "Welle"! - Allgemein - Nexave Palmforum
    Not that this secures the plaintext messages that could be read in open WIFIs, but could one send messages knowing my IMEI/MAC and telephone number via that web API after i registered my account via your app?
    If i understand correctly an attacker would need my password hash too, cause this forms the UID?
    Perhaps you can also tell some details what "the app loads all the mobile contacts" means? So they are loaded offline in my device and what is then transfered to the servers? All my mobile numbers appearing *in your app and their names or only numbers and names i get to chat with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Seems to work for me too!

I do have 1 problem though! One of my friends 100% sure has WhatsApp, but his number doesn't appear in contacts? Any idea how to fix this?
    make sure that the number is in the correct format as stated before first
    if that doesnt work let your friend message you first and then you can chat with them.otherwise it will be until the problem of all that contacts not showing problem is resolved that we can figure this out,your friend should be able to "see" you online just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    No not the number format, but number TYPE. i.e. Mobile, Home, Work.
    oh yes i have but the number TYPE and whatsapp number formats correct
    One more Important thing , Amoralico : the app always opened in notification is orrible . Make something on this point
    You really should look at the tone of your posts before you send them. What in your post do you think is going to motivate the developer to consider it?

On the note of the notification icon -- only HP/Palm built-in apps run in the background without an icon for more than about 30 seconds. It's by design. If you don't want an icon, then patiently wait for Eric's messaging app work to be completed. Until then, please be patient.
    One more Important thing , Amoralico : the app always opened in notification is orrible . Make something on this point
    on behalf of a couple thousand webos users who never had whatsapp we believe that all the work done by Amoralico and eblade are actually wonderful and we dont know where you out of timing statement is coming from,stop being impatient and go create your own program then. i hope next time you can come back and say "forgive my english " because you are not helping the cause at all.i am sure your paypal donation had gone through already and the precious time of these developers is being paid for by your donations.
    get some TACT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    oh yes i have but the number TYPE and whatsapp number formats correct
    Hit the refresh button? Out of ideas otherwise.

Hit the refresh button? Out of ideas otherwise.
    yup the refresh button as well
    but someone will figure it out soon.it is however a bit difficult to hit the refresh button for some strange reason also
    working on my Pre3 and touchpad - THANKS..
    just donated..Confirmation number: 28755711LC0146505
    Derek.... Y U NO POST THIS ON FRONT PAGE

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Derek.... Y U NO POST THIS ON FRONT PAGE
    Maybe it's better not to?
    I don't know what is the official WA policy to unofficial apps.
    somline likes this.
    Maybe it's better not to?
    I don't know what is the official WA policy to unofficial apps.
    That is my concern too, especially since over the course of the other thread, there were so many times where registration was not working, and then note that some of the source on github was temporarily pulled. With the concerns about security, unofficial apps could be viewed as a risk.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Question... how do I add people to a group I'm part of?

Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    I've uploaded a Pixi version. I've uploaded it in a separete file because I don't knoew if it will work.
    Please, Pixi users, try it and tell me if it works. If it dows I will consider updating the ipk for all devices.

Download here:
    https://github.com/amoralico/mojowhatsup/downloads
    I'm really sorry but the version for pixi does't work... I have pixi plus with webos 1.4.5...
    Still a white screen when I turn it on... I did open it twice, restart the phone, but nothing...
    Can you help me amoralico?
    A donation will sure follow for your work.

P.S. - The pixi file is no more available this morning (Monday 24 sept.).

Thanx a lot...
    Last edited by gigiolandia; 09/24/2012 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigiolandia View Post
    I'm really sorry but the version for pixi does't work... I have pixi plus with webos 1.4.5...
    Still a white screen when I turn it on... I did open it twice, restart the phone, but nothing...
    Can you help me amoralico?
    A donation will sure follow for your work.

Thanx a lot...
    Patience buddy... spamming the thread over and over again will get you nowhere. I bet he has a life too.

Patience buddy... spamming the thread over and over again will get you nowhere. I bet he has a life too.
    Sure my friend, please forgive me. I only wrote it again because I wanted to "quote" the original message.... Please I ask my excuse if i gave this impression, to all you and to amoralico too.... :-)
    It comes from my own. It's a webos hybrid app (like wIrc), based on Mojo framework. it includes most of the features of Whatsapp.
    Thank, thanks a million Antonio! I'll reply to your e-mail on monday, while I stand positively stunned and cathatonic. An almost full featured WhatsApp client! For (all!) webOS devices! From an spanish fellow!

/me tales off hat and eats it.

Just donated.

What a pity we just can't shout about this everywhere.
    tromalas likes this.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    To exit application use Exit option in application menu (card view).
    Notification light only works in dashboard view, not when card is open or minimized. I think it is a Mojo problem.
    Exit means no notification on incoming messages... Is there a way in between, no visible icon and receiving notifications?

Oh, and where can I leave a donation?
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)