Page 76 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    those positions can be found by looking at the imagenames in the image/emoji Folder in the MWU application folder.
    I would like to take a look at these names, but I can't find any emoji-folder on my device, having it connected via USB with hidden files/folders visible. Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    If you didn't patch any emoji stuff perhaps you patched some font on your webos for other character display for another language (arabic, hebrew, cyrillic...?) and that interferes with same range of emoji Charakters.
    Here is my patch list: Google Sync Behaviours, Ad Blocker, Close Slider to End Calls, Fixed Keyboard Brightness, No Missed Call Callback, No VPN, Ringer Switch Icon, Timestamps Clean, Unthrottle Download Manager.
    Nothing font-related, as far as I can tell?!

I wanted to make a contribution to the image upload thing:
    When I send a picture, it's not uploading/sending. When I forward the very same picture, it's uploading.
    On the receiving device (iphone5), the thumbnail is shown, but downloading gets interrupted with the error "Failed to parse picture"

So, I beg all of you, could you please check out if you have the same problems with some Emojis being sent and some not? Just check out the one's I marked bold in the table some posts above and put your results here. Thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well there are really only two mobile versions, this and the Meego version (which MWU is based on partly.)
    Yeah I know. Keep us updated please, as the ability to send files is one of those I found the best in MojoWA and I really miss it.
    2? You mean 3. There's also the BB10 version from the creators of the MeeGo version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    2? You mean 3. There's also the BB10 version from the creators of the MeeGo version.
    Which never really happened, because BlackBerry pulled it. There's a story going on in CrackBerry where tgalal (the author of Wazapp) is raging a war against BlackBerry because originally they begged him to write an WhatsApp client because WhatsApp themselves didn't want to develop one, but then at the end WhatsApp created an official client, asked BlackBerry to pull it and they punked tgalal, wasting his effort.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    originally they begged Tarek Galal to write an WhatsApp client, because WhatsApp themselves didn't want to develop one, but then at the end WhatsApp created an official client, asked BlackBerry to pull it and they punked tgalal, wasting his effort.
    Ugly! In protest, I would ignore that "official" client, and only use tgala's one. Is it really true that a company "begged" an independent developr to do something?

Ah, companies... Lovely creatures...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Ugly! In protest, I would ignore that "official" client, and only use tgala's one. Is it really true that a company "begged" an independent developr to do something?

Well, truth be told, BB did (and does) need popular apps to get people to their platform so if WhatsApp devs say "we're not gonna do a client" then BB needs to figure out a way to get the client and that means they needed tgala's one.

And yes, I'd also use tgala's one out of protest.

Except if you use the unofficial one, it has the same media sending problem as we do, same code base.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blindwatch View Post
    I would like to take a look at these names, but I can't find any emoji-folder on my device, having it connected via USB with hidden files/folders visible. Any hints?

Here is my patch list: Google Sync Behaviours, Ad Blocker, Close Slider to End Calls, Fixed Keyboard Brightness, No Missed Call Callback, No VPN, Ringer Switch Icon, Timestamps Clean, Unthrottle Download Manager.
    Nothing font-related, as far as I can tell?!

I wanted to make a contribution to the image upload thing:
    When I send a picture, it's not uploading/sending. When I forward the very same picture, it's uploading.
    On the receiving device (iphone5), the thumbnail is shown, but downloading gets interrupted with the error "Failed to parse picture"

So, I beg all of you, could you please check out if you have the same problems with some Emojis being sent and some not? Just check out the one's I marked bold in the table some posts above and put your results here. Thanks a lot!
    I have the same problem. I can not upload any file (picture, video, etc). If I select forward to then I can upload it. But thats only what MojoWhatsup shows. The receiver sees a thumbnail in case of a picture, but the receiver can not download an open the picture.

I tried to back-grade to 1.5.1, but I had no sucsess.
    Except if you use the unofficial one, it has the same media sending problem as we do, same code base.
    You don't know that. 1.5.2 works fine with media sending here on the Pre 3.
    You don't know that. 1.5.2 works fine with media sending here on the Pre 3.
    Same config not working here. I just tried. Dies when trying to upload.

As a workaround using Imgur e-mail upload and sending links to people for pictures.
    1.5.2 works fine with media sending here on the Pre 3.
    Can this kind of problem be local? Version 1.5.2 over here is unable to upload images either. And no, recipient does not see thumbnail at all. I can see the thumbnail in the conversation, but there's no upload progress at all, and the contexrt menu function to upload does nothing either, nor shows any error.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Can this kind of problem be local? Version 1.5.2 over here is unable to upload images either. And no, recipient does not see thumbnail at all. I can see the thumbnail in the conversation, but there's no upload progress at all, and the contexrt menu function to upload does nothing either, nor shows any error.
    I dont think the problem is local ,nor is it related to version 1.5.2 . If that would have been the case ,uninstalling the version and going back to 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 would have solved the issue but it doesnt..
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
    I dont think the problem is local, nor is it related to version 1.5.2 . If that would have been the case, uninstalling the version and going back to 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 would have solved the issue but it doesnt..
    Sure, it would be very strange if the problem wasn't happening to everyone. But Vistaus said image upload was working (?!).

Yes, it's working fine over here. 1.5.2 on the Pre 3. So I also think it's related to something else and not to 1.5.2 else it would've failed to work right here too.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I cant send images with my pre3 and mwa v.1.5.2

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yes, it's working fine over here. 1.5.2 on the Pre 3. So I also think it's related to something else and not to 1.5.2 else it would've failed to work right here too.
    Are you forwarding an existing sent or received picture? Very different than just plain sending a new file.
    I've tried it with both sending a new picture (one from the phone itself) and forwarding one. Both works fine.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I've tried it with both sending a new picture (one from the phone itself) and forwarding one. Both works fine.
    You must be the lucky one.
    I'm jealous now.
    Would you mind taking a debug log after sending a picture? It will be in /var/log/messages.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 04/02/2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Would you mind taking a debug log after sending a picture? It will be in /var/log/messages.
    I'll see what I can do.