Page 75 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
  1. #1481  
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
    Just came across the same problem... This trick seems to work between Webos devices and may be to iPhones, but still testing here so not entirely sure
    I have a theory here. Were you forwarding an image that was sent to you by someone else? That would work because the image already resides on WhatsApp's server.

    How WhatsApp works is that since XMPP built in doesn't handle file transfers, the images/audio/videos actually reside on WhatsApp's own servers, and when you "send" a media file, it gets uploaded to WhatsApp and your contact is sent a link after upload is complete. If you forward a message, it's actually forwarding a link. In the code forwarding doesn't do any uploading at all. To prove this theory, I forwarded an image that wasn't originated by me to another phone, and that worked just fine.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2. #1482  
    It seems to be an empty shell indeed, doesn't work... It even freezes the iPhones apparently, that's pretty funny actually
  3. #1483  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I have a theory here. Were you forwarding an image that was sent to you by someone else? That would work because the image already resides on WhatsApp's server.

    How WhatsApp works is that since XMPP built in doesn't handle file transfers, the images/audio/videos actually reside on WhatsApp's own servers, and when you "send" a media file, it gets uploaded to WhatsApp and your contact is sent a link after upload is complete. If you forward a message, it's actually forwarding a link. In the code forwarding doesn't do any uploading at all. To prove this theory, I forwarded an image that wasn't originated by me to another phone, and that worked just fine.
    Tried both, that's indeed what I meant with reshare an already shared picture. But the second one only seemed to work (may be because that picture already existed on the first device that shared it), but didn't.
  4. #1484  
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5. #1485  
    Does anybody else has the problem I described some days ago?
    I feel a bit unhappy that I get no answers at all...

    Quote Originally Posted by blindwatch View Post
    Dear Antonio, Dear MojoWhatsup community,

    I happily use MojoWhatsup on my Veer (2.1.1) for several months now without major problems.

    Since some day in the second half of February, two problems have occured regarding Emoji-usage.
    A first support request to Antonio went out on 26th February, but there's no response. Maybe someone here can be of any help.

    1) All Emojis will be inserted at the start of the current message. I can copy and paste them to their correct position, but that's a pain.
    2) Seemingly random, but fixed portions of the Emoji range don't get sent to my friend's iphone clients. If I send a message composed partly or only with defective Emojis, they receive a message notification, but don't get any message from me.
  6. #1486  
    Quote Originally Posted by blindwatch View Post
    Does anybody else has the problem I described some days ago?
    I feel a bit unhappy that I get no answers at all...
    You do understand that the developer of Mojowhatsup is a homebrew guy, that spends his free time on developing the app, right?

    Its not a company, its not that many people on daily basis are building on it and are able to read up on all possible errors that users experience, right? First, the problem might be just on your side, your Veer phone, your WebOS installation and possible problems of Mojowhatsup with installation problems on your phone. Which makes it an isolated incident and hard to research for anyone, including the developer.

    If no one else reported the problem inhere, that might be the case. If that isn't the case, and its a widespread error, the dev will read into it whenever one has time.

    So days isn't a lot to wait for homebrew one isn't paying for. Feel unhappy for no answers... It means there is possible no one else experiencing this. Which is sad for you, but if no one is experiencing it, probably no one will answer you.

    I bet though when the developer has time, he gets back on possible problems as he's a very supportive guy.
    jcmarcos likes this.
  7. #1487  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
    You do understand that the developer of Mojowhatsup is a homebrew guy, that spends his free time on developing the app, right?

    Its not a company, its not that many people on daily basis are building on it and are able to read up on all possible errors that users experience, right? First, the problem might be just on your side, your Veer phone, your WebOS installation and possible problems of Mojowhatsup with installation problems on your phone. Which makes it an isolated incident and hard to research for anyone, including the developer.

    If no one else reported the problem inhere, that might be the case. If that isn't the case, and its a widespread error, the dev will read into it whenever one has time.

    So days isn't a lot to wait for homebrew one isn't paying for. Feel unhappy for no answers... It means there is possible no one else experiencing this. Which is sad for you, but if no one is experiencing it, probably no one will answer you.

    I bet though when the developer has time, he gets back on possible problems as he's a very supportive guy.
    I thank you for your time and your answer TheMARTPre3, but I really don't understand why my expression of unhappiness about no answer at all in the only forum I can hope for answers to my MojoWhatsup-client-problems has provoked such a disproportional, unnecessary lordly answer full of things I already know since the first day I use this great app.

    A simple "No, I can use the whole Emoji range without problems" would have sufficed.
    jcmarcos likes this.
  8. #1488  
    I like both blindwatch AND TheMARTPre3's posts, if that's possible. :-)
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    blindwatch likes this.
  9. #1489  
    Quote Originally Posted by blindwatch View Post
    I thank you for your time and your answer TheMARTPre3, but I really don't understand why my expression of unhappiness about no answer at all in the only forum I can hope for answers to my MojoWhatsup-client-problems has provoked such a disproportional, unnecessary lordly answer full of things I already know since the first day I use this great app.

    A simple "No, I can use the whole Emoji range without problems" would have sufficed.
    Well, if I would have the Emoji range problems, I'd already would have said that. If people don't confirm the problem you experience confirming, it is most likely there is no one that has the same problem.

    The problem with picture upload on the other hand, you see multiple persons confirming they experience that error.

    I was pointing to your 'I am unhappy that I got no answers for a few days'. IMO nothing disproportional, unless one is easily hurt. These days people just are too impatient in lots of forums thats all. Anyways, I hope your problem gets solved soon thoughl
  10. #1490  
    Hello amoralico,

    what I noticed: When I receive messages from users which aren't in my contactlist, mojowhatsapp displays the whatsapp-username in the notification bar but only the contact-number in the chat header.

    Can you possibly also display the whatsapp-username in chat header with a feature to add a contact to your contactlist?


    Thanks and greetings,
    leafymind

    PS: I'm from germany, sorry for my bad english ^^
    Vistaus likes this.
  11. #1491  
    Quote Originally Posted by blindwatch View Post
    I thank you for your time and your answer TheMARTPre3, but I really don't understand why my expression of unhappiness about no answer at all in the only forum I can hope for answers to my MojoWhatsup-client-problems has provoked such a disproportional, unnecessary lordly answer full of things I already know since the first day I use this great app.

    A simple "No, I can use the whole Emoji range without problems" would have sufficed.
    I'm not using emojis excessively but it's working fine for me. (Pre2 2.2.4 and TP)

    But as i fiddled a lot with the swapping of the .ttf to have emojis displayed within the message typing area i had some of these effects (but not exactly the first characrter problem you have).
    I hope you did not make any of those changes to the app/system:
    MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
    MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos) (just for those who are wondering - i did not post this modified font as only a few emojis can be displayed cause webOS seems not be able to display all UTF8-font characters- only those in the regular range).

    So another option is to delete all of your app (perhaps after saving MWU profile with save&restore - link in the tips section of my signature) reboot completeley after that and then reinstall the newest version again (or try perhaps version 1.50 which still works for me).

    After all of that, you could restore your profile from save&restore and test again or if not working goto 10 delete all again and create a completely new account and then see if the problem is still there.

    And AFTER ALL OF THAT come back here and post everything you have done to seek for more help.
    The more you try for yourself and the more info you give, the more help you will get (bad english isn't it ) .
  12. #1492  
    Update on the upload issue:

    Quote Originally Posted by knobtviker from Maemo
    OK, without going into tech talk, we tried making sense if new media handlers.
    Most of it we got but key thing, upload URI has changed. Encrypted and obfuscated.
    Can't find the logic behind it, yet.
    Be patient until we crack it. Help by researching or remain silent.
    The usual rules.
    jcmarcos, amoralico and Vistaus like this.
  13. #1493  
    About the Emojis thing ,I remember some guys faced that prob after download of version 1.5 .0 Or the one prior to that. Amoralico was told then which I guess he promptly corrected by uploading a corrected one. As gizmo said I guess you just have to do a reinstall and it'll be fine as with others..
  14. #1494  
    Hey guys,

    I could try what i want to send the request for getting activation code in log in screen, an "request failure" error windows appears. Any ideas?

    CC and phone number seems to be correct, CC is 49 for me (germany) and phone number without 0 at the beginnung.

    Tank you for help, i've read the FAQ and some of the code on github before asking this question.
  15. #1495  
    Are you sure that you're doing it in the right sequence? First you have to enter your number without the 0, like you already did. Then you'll have to hit the Register button and wait for the text message to arrive. Then enter the code you received and click on Login.

    If you're really doing it that way, what device are you using?
  16. #1496  
    For registering i need to have activiation code, right? The error occurs when i cklick in the "get activation code" button.

    I've an Palm Pre Plus with WebOS 2.1.0
  17. #1497  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I hope you did not make any of those changes to the app/system?
    No, I did not.

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    delete, reboot, reinstall newest or older versions, create new account, come back here and post everything you have done.
    I did that with 1.4.3 / 1.5.0 / 1.5.1. Only with 1.5.1 I could get back online. Problem is still there.

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    The more you try for yourself and the more info you give, the more help you will get.
    I checked thoroughly which Emojis of the first tab work and which don't. Here's the list.
    Bolds don't work. I added a description for those which don't work in the lower part of the tab for better retracing by other users.
    I noticed that those which don't work don't get represented by the placeholder rectangle in the message composition area.

    001.002.003.004.005.006
    007.008.009.010.011.012
    013.014.015.016.017.018
    019.020.021.022.023.024
    025.026.027.028.029.030
    031.032.033.034.035.036
    037.038.039.040.041.042
    043
    .044.045.046.047.048
    049.050.051.052.053.054 // until #58 Smilies
    055.056
    .057.058.059.060
    061.062.063.064.065.066 // #59 bis #73 Faces (all working)
    067.068.069.070.071.072
    073.074.075.076.077.078 // cats
    079.080.081.082.083.084 // masks
    085.086.087
    .088.089.090 // apes
    091.092.093.094.095.096 // falling star, explosion
    097.098.099.100.101.102 // big drop
    103.104.105.106.107.108 // tongue
    109.110.111.112.113.114
    115.116.117.118.119.120
    121.122.123.124.125.126
    127.128.129.130.131.132 // couple+child, 2male, 2female
    133.134.135.136.137.138 // waving woman
    139.140.141.142.143.144 // bride, puzzled female, sad female
    145.146.147.148.149.150 // brown shoe
    151.152.153.154.155.156 // purple girl shirt
    157.158.159.160.161.162 // undershirt, blue jeans
    163.164.165.166.167.168 // washbag, purse, glasses
    169.170.171.172.173.174
    175.176.177.178.179.180 // 2 hearts, twinkling heart, 2 revolving hearts
    181.182.183.184.185.186 // love letter, silhouettes
    187
    .188.189 // speech bubble, thought balloon
    Last edited by blindwatch; 03/29/2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: better readability
  18. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #1498  
    So the not sending files thing is more widespread than the webOS version ?
    That could be bad then.
  19. #1499  
    Quote Originally Posted by blindwatch View Post
    No, I did not.



    I did that with 1.4.3 / 1.5.0 / 1.5.1. Only with 1.5.1 I could get back online. Problem is still there.



    I checked thoroughly which Emojis of the first tab work and which don't. Here's the list.
    Bolds don't work. I added a description for those which don't work in the lower part of the tab for better retracing by other users.
    I noticed that those which don't work don't get represented by the placeholder rectangle in the message composition area.

    001.002.003.004.005.006
    007.008.009.010.011.012
    013.014.015.016.017.018
    019.020.021.022.023.024
    025.026.027.028.029.030
    031.032.033.034.035.036
    037.038.039.040.041.042
    043
    .044.045.046.047.048
    049.050.051.052.053.054 // until #58 Smilies
    055.056
    .057.058.059.060
    061.062.063.064.065.066 // #59 bis #73 Faces (all working)
    067.068.069.070.071.072
    073.074.075.076.077.078 // cats
    079.080.081.082.083.084 // masks
    085.086.087
    .088.089.090 // apes
    091.092.093.094.095.096 // falling star, explosion
    097.098.099.100.101.102 // big drop
    103.104.105.106.107.108 // tongue
    109.110.111.112.113.114
    115.116.117.118.119.120
    121.122.123.124.125.126
    127.128.129.130.131.132 // couple+child, 2male, 2female
    133.134.135.136.137.138 // waving woman
    139.140.141.142.143.144 // bride, puzzled female, sad female
    145.146.147.148.149.150 // brown shoe
    151.152.153.154.155.156 // purple girl shirt
    157.158.159.160.161.162 // undershirt, blue jeans
    163.164.165.166.167.168 // washbag, purse, glasses
    169.170.171.172.173.174
    175.176.177.178.179.180 // 2 hearts, twinkling heart, 2 revolving hearts
    181.182.183.184.185.186 // love letter, silhouettes
    187
    .188.189 // speech bubble, thought balloon
    hhm as i said, i tested a lot with emoji displaying as ttf characters in the texting area and i did almost exactly same schemes to which work and which don't. And if i'm not completely wrong these non working are the ones in the high utf8 area (beginning with 1F) and the others working beginning with E.
    Haven't checked but those positions can be found by looking at the imagenames in the image/emoji Folder in the MWU application folder.

    If you didn't patch any emoji stuff perhaps you patched some font on your webos for other character display for another language (arabic, hebrew, cyrillic...?) and that interferes with same range of emoji Charakters.

    I'm no friend of doctoring too fast, perhaps uninstalling all patches and using EPR could help. After that even a MD5 check (linked in tips of my signature) could get you to the right track. But all just guesses.
  20. #1500  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    So the not sending files thing is more widespread than the webOS version ?
    That could be bad then.
    Well there are really only two mobile versions, this and the Meego version (which MWU is based on partly.)
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions