webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree516Likes

Old 02/26/2013, 06:19 PM   #1401 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris Grimaldo Arato View Post
hi NuttyBunny! are you from poderpda? yes, im in mexico... is there a solution?

hay alguna solucion para el codigo en mexico? gracias!!
Ese mismo.

Vuelve a hacer la activación, copia TODO el password sin errores, luego intenta hacer login y juega con el 1 (agrega o quitalo antes de tu número). No recuerdo exactamente como le hice pero si logré hacerlo funcionar.

The same issue with the "1" number that is needed to dial but not send sms to Mexico phobes.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 06:44 PM   #1402 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
Ese mismo.

Vuelve a hacer la activación, copia TODO el password sin errores, luego intenta hacer login y juega con el 1 (agrega o quitalo antes de tu número). No recuerdo exactamente como le hice pero si logré hacerlo funcionar.

The same issue with the "1" number that is needed to dial but not send sms to Mexico phobes.

CC
number
818xxxxxxx
ID
Doris
CODE
(six digit code from Whatsapp)

where should i play whit the "1"?

when i hit register i got a message, it shows in "pw", is that the password that i shoul use in the "login" button? that "pw" is diferent each time i hit register...
Doris Grimaldo Arato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 07:02 PM   #1403 (permalink)

Register only one time and copy the long pw, use that to login.

Put the 1 before your number

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2013, 05:59 AM   #1404 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
That's the thing... I'm actually QA by trade so I'm quite blind with code. Never really developed anything beyond a few shell scripts, so wish me luck. I'll try to get my dev environment set up this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Pixi support, I doubt it's because of screen size since it runs on the Veer. However primarily it's due to the APIs and the hybrid nature. Pretty sure that you can only get it to run in 2.x.

Finally got my a** off to install the stuff on my machine. Once GItHub finishes I'll try to clone it off and compile it, then hopefully can get started, but as I stand here I'm kinda stuck.
Really appreciate that you are on it buddy, logged on webosnation after a few days and I am delighted by your posts . Will be ready to be your tester when you need one.

unlocked US Pre 2
Using in India.
pnkjtweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2013, 09:29 PM   #1405 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
Register only one time and copy the long pw, use that to login.

Put the 1 before your number

NuttY!!! u got a private message!
Doris Grimaldo Arato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2013, 12:23 PM   #1406 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
Really appreciate that you are on it buddy, logged on webosnation after a few days and I am delighted by your posts . Will be ready to be your tester when you need one.

unlocked US Pre 2
Using in India.
That is if I can even get this thing started. LOL

I'm still trying to get the environment set up and I'm quite stuck. Got the stuff Antonio listed installed, but don't know where to set up the project to compile.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2013, 07:44 PM   #1407 (permalink)

Si funciona en el palm pixi 2.1 excelente
tutoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2013, 11:11 AM   #1408 (permalink)

Does anyone know if there is a problem with mojowhatsup for palm pre? not pre 2 or 3. I have the first one? I just installed it with WebOS Quickinstall but the screen stays white the whole time. that really sucks.. does someone can help mee?

Last edited by kiggiii; 03/03/2013 at 11:20 AM.
kiggiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2013, 03:09 PM   #1409 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggiii View Post
Does anyone know if there is a problem with mojowhatsup for palm pre? not pre 2 or 3. I have the first one? I just installed it with WebOS Quickinstall but the screen stays white the whole time. that really sucks.. does someone can help mee?
god give them 1 post writers brain to read the faq.
Liked by Doris Grimaldo Arato likes this.
Old 03/04/2013, 05:42 AM   #1410 (permalink)

I have just read that OpenWhatsapp is awaiting approval in BB10's App World. OpenWhatsapp is the successor of Nokia N9's WazApp and provides a free, open-source community edition of WhatsApp.

I'm not interested in WhatsApp at all, but as this is one of the most active threads I post this for your information. As OpenWhatsapp is open source there could be some synergy effects for developing MojoWhatsup.
Old 03/04/2013, 05:59 AM   #1411 (permalink)

In whatsapp contacts it seems to me, might be wrong, it reports every single contact I have in my phone, I'm not sure how can I know which off them actually has whatsapp.
Old 03/04/2013, 06:07 AM   #1412 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
In whatsapp contacts it seems to me, might be wrong, it reports every single contact I have in my phone, I'm not sure how can I know which off them actually has whatsapp.
It will list every contact that has a mobile phone unless you tell it otherwise in the preferences. If they have a status message under them, Them they are probably using Whatsapp.
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by pnkjtweets likes this.
Thanked By: pnkjtweets
Old 03/04/2013, 07:03 AM   #1413 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
I have just read that OpenWhatsapp is awaiting approval in BB10's App World. OpenWhatsapp is the successor of Nokia N9's WazApp and provides a free, open-source community edition of WhatsApp.

I'm not interested in WhatsApp at all, but as this is one of the most active threads I post this for your information. As OpenWhatsapp is open source there could be some synergy effects for developing MojoWhatsup.

They are in the same situation as we are so, why don't we try to join forces?
Could that be possible?
Old 03/04/2013, 10:37 PM   #1414 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
They are in the same situation as we are so, why don't we try to join forces?
Could that be possible?
Well I am not knowledgeable in matters of coding but I guess Mojowhatsup used some part of wazapp and improved upon it. Thanks for the tip about Openwhatsapp ,though I am still not sure how open can it be. As far as Palm users are concerned ,thanks to amoralico we have a good app already we just need someone to support it (Whatsapp guys have a long history of making changes which mess up unofficial apps like ours)and improve upon it if required and not anything from scratch.(Unless its the Synergy related one which Eric was into)
Old 03/04/2013, 10:44 PM   #1415 (permalink)

My suggestions for some improvement in Mojowhatsup
1) Add the option to Block users from our phonebook on Mojowhatsup
2) Status changes should be visible .
3) Let users who have Whatsapp in the Mojowhatsup contact list rather than the present system of putting the whole contact list there.
Others can contribute to this list. Unless we guys talk about it ,the interest among the developers about this will die and we'll be at the mercy of whatsapp to tweak its code and block us all at their whim.
Old 03/05/2013, 05:33 AM   #1416 (permalink)

thanks to Tpad..i saw that link ,and I 'd say its awesome the way they made the app.. Some of the features they put arent available even in the official iOS or Android app.. See for yourself
The Open WhatsApp project
Old 03/05/2013, 07:34 AM   #1417 (permalink)

Unfortunately the core is written in Python which is not available on webOS devices, well there's Python - WebOS Internals. I think that Amoralico has translated the Python core to C++.
Old 03/05/2013, 03:24 PM   #1418 (permalink)

is there any app like that for pixi plus
ahmad harb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2013, 04:14 PM   #1419 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I do wonder if BB will allow it. I mean, it's not the official client and it uses a reverse engineered library. Not too sure if the WhatsApp devs will like it in App World (especially since they already threatened one of the Python libraries with a lawsuit). So...

But we could use the core if someone gets it ported to C++ or something that webOS can read. And hopefully the front end will be Enyo this time
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2013, 01:39 AM   #1420 (permalink)

WhatsApp will block it for sure. It's like something alien taking advantage of your service, with no compensation at all for it. Nobody wants to give away its products or services, and WhatsApp has the right to expect some kind of income for their service. If they allow unofficial third party clients, they loose control of it, and anybody in their position would not like that.

Good initiative, though.

On the contrary, Microsoft never did anything (that I'm aware of) against those third party Messenger clients. Some years later, they let it die, even after conquering the crown of instant messaging, something that had many, many contenders back in the day. To me, it's unexplicable.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Vistaus

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0