webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree516Likes

Old 02/20/2013, 11:21 AM   #1381 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Actually they did, but on the status change feature only. So that's actually broken on 1.5.1 right now.

I think I really should take this opportunity to brush up my coding skills...
True, the status change feature occurred before amoralico released the 1.5.1 version.

Please do take up the task , I am sure you'll learn quick and there 'd be others in case you need help .

We really need people like you to sustain WebOs.
pnkjtweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jcmarcos likes this.
Old 02/21/2013, 02:24 AM   #1382 (permalink)

+1
I totally agree to that. Would be amazing if you could do this for us
nfsracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 03:14 AM   #1383 (permalink)

Great work .. You are amazing

Just one thing.. I can't know who is online from the contact list ..
abusakhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 06:29 AM   #1384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abusakhr View Post
Great work .. You are amazing

Just one thing.. I can't know who is online from the contact list ..
I think that is by design, even on Android you can't. The only way to determine that is via the "last online" status. It's designed this way so it simulates SMS I believe.

And I just found out the hard way that avatar changing isn't working, probably same reason as the status message change. Suffered from the infamous lose your settings crash after my phone ran out of memory...
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by tbc2277 and jcmarcos like this.
Thanked by jcmarcos, tbc2277
Old 02/21/2013, 06:39 AM   #1385 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Suffered from the infamous lose your settings crash after my phone ran out of memory...
Wow! That's hard indeed... But I'm so happy you are studying this wonderful MojoWhatsUp!

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 12:22 PM   #1386 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
Wow! That's hard indeed... But I'm so happy you are studying this wonderful MojoWhatsUp!
That's the thing... I'm actually QA by trade so I'm quite blind with code. Never really developed anything beyond a few shell scripts, so wish me luck. I'll try to get my dev environment set up this weekend.
Liked by pnkjtweets likes this.
Thanked By: jcmarcos
Old 02/22/2013, 10:23 AM   #1387 (permalink)

Sir i have installed the app on my palm pre plus.but when i run the app i get white screen only nothing else.
GYANENDRA KUMAR Jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2013, 02:23 PM   #1388 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYANENDRA KUMAR Jain View Post
Sir i have installed the app on my palm pre plus.but when i run the app i get white screen only nothing else.
webOS version? If it's 1.x you didn't even read the instructions.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2013, 02:58 AM   #1389 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Yes there are pixi users with app working -read this thread and RTTFAQ.
hi gizmo,

kannst du mir mal verständlich erklären, was so schwierig ist, das mojowhatsup für webos 1.4.5 bereitzustellen. Ich habe das ffaq gelesen und finde dort nur, das es von amoralico nicht kommen wird, im Theead schreibt er, das es keine leichte Aufgabe sei. Aber warum und wie könnte man helfen, dass es geht ?

Hintergrund ist der, der Pixi läuft mit dem inoffiziellen webos2.1 zwar, aber steinlahm. Und whatsup läuft zwar hier, aber auch eher langsam. Der Pixi dagegen mit webos1.4.5 und govnah/overclocking rennt und hat für mich alles was ich brauche. Bis auf whatsup.....!

Ich würde gerne helfen, das zu lösen, könnte sogar meinen Ersatz-pixi zur verfügung stellen, tests auszuführen. Der pixi ist wie damals der palm-centro mit seiner Tastatur einfach unerreicht. Da können die slider nicht mit. Ich benutze den pixi auch beruflich ständig sehr produktiv, wegen der Tastatur.

Gruss, achim aus Gießen

p.s. Clear up you personal inbox, you cannot receive pns, because it is full.....
achimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2013, 02:28 PM   #1390 (permalink)

hi amoralico first thank you for the app I really needed it, I just installed it 2 days ago and now it shows me a message saying the applications database is getting full and after some of those messages it restarts device deleting everyting. Any solution? Thanks (hola amoralico antes de nada gracias por la aplicación realmente la necesitaba, instalé la plaicación hace 2 dias pero al poco tiempo comienza a mostrarme un mensaje diciendo que la base de datos se esta llenando, después me dice que esta casi llena y por ultimo que el dispositivo necesita ser reseteado finalmente realiza la accion por si mismo y pierdo todo lo que tenia guardado en el telefono, alguna solución (tengo una Palm Pre 2) gracias
adrimazaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2013, 04:05 PM   #1391 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by achimi View Post
hi gizmo,

kannst du mir mal verständlich erklären, was so schwierig ist, das mojowhatsup für webos 1.4.5 bereitzustellen. Ich habe das ffaq gelesen und finde dort nur, das es von amoralico nicht kommen wird, im Theead schreibt er, das es keine leichte Aufgabe sei. Aber warum und wie könnte man helfen, dass es geht ?

Hintergrund ist der, der Pixi läuft mit dem inoffiziellen webos2.1 zwar, aber steinlahm. Und whatsup läuft zwar hier, aber auch eher langsam. Der Pixi dagegen mit webos1.4.5 und govnah/overclocking rennt und hat für mich alles was ich brauche. Bis auf whatsup.....!

Ich würde gerne helfen, das zu lösen, könnte sogar meinen Ersatz-pixi zur verfügung stellen, tests auszuführen. Der pixi ist wie damals der palm-centro mit seiner Tastatur einfach unerreicht. Da können die slider nicht mit. Ich benutze den pixi auch beruflich ständig sehr produktiv, wegen der Tastatur.

Gruss, achim aus Gießen

p.s. Clear up you personal inbox, you cannot receive pns, because it is full.....
Well i never developed anything around MWU (despite the saverestore script), I just wanted to keep this thread clean of those always the same questions so i put the answer in the FAQ.

As i'm no dev i just can speculate about amoralicos reasons:

• APIs for 1.x and 2.x differ a lot especially with contact and file handling - more bugfix time
• the binary C-Libs will have to be compiled for the older ARM processors - more bugfix time
• Slower processor needs more speed optimizations in coding - more time to Code
• Special Pixi: smaller screensize so perhaps special UI changes needed - more time to code /bugfix
• perhaps even no old dev device - harder to fix bugs

If you add up all this and think about all the changes made by WA-protocol the last weeks and having to fix the app all the time, this could be a reason to keep it more simple by using >2.x. Just look at gmaps thread how many problems jan had with crossversion dev.

If you read this thread you will see many of those users only register here because of whatsapp and those are often the most unexpericenced in webOS itself, so perhaps most time intensive too to support. (2 of them alone on this page )

I don't think it is impossible, but we need a good dev knowing API 1.x, c-compiler knowledge and one that can handle a lot of user feedback.

All this is my personal opinion, so correct me plz.

Grüße aus dem Frankenland.

Last edited by gizmo21; 02/24/2013 at 04:14 PM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2013, 10:01 PM   #1392 (permalink)

Quote:
Well i never developed anything around MWU (despite the saverestore script), I just wanted to keep this thread clean of those always the same questions so i put the answer in the FAQ.

• APIs for 1.x and 2.x differ a lot especially with contact and file handling - more bugfix time
• the binary C-Libs will have to be compiled for the older ARM processors - more bugfix time
• Special Pixi: smaller screensize so perhaps special UI changes needed - more time to code /bugfix

If you add up all this and think about all the changes made by WA-protocol the last weeks and having to fix the app all the time, this could be a reason to keep it more simple by using >2.x. Just look at gmaps thread how many problems jan had with crossversion dev.

If you read this thread you will see many of those users only register here because of whatsapp and those are often the most unexpericenced in webOS itself, so perhaps most time intensive too to support. (2 of them alone on this page )

I don't think it is impossible, but we need a good dev knowing API 1.x, c-compiler knowledge and one that can handle a lot of user feedback.

Pixi support, I doubt it's because of screen size since it runs on the Veer. However primarily it's due to the APIs and the hybrid nature. Pretty sure that you can only get it to run in 2.x.

Finally got my a** off to install the stuff on my machine. Once GItHub finishes I'll try to clone it off and compile it, then hopefully can get started, but as I stand here I'm kinda stuck.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

Last edited by ToniCipriani; 02/24/2013 at 10:11 PM.
Liked by jcmarcos and pnkjtweets like this.
Old 02/25/2013, 06:49 AM   #1393 (permalink)

Quote:

Hi Gizmo, thanks for your detailed answer:

Just another 2 cents:

- processor speed: Pixi plus is working very well and speedy with Overclocking kernel and govnah and i think, there are not very much Pixi users out there without this optimisation. The Pixi is running 800 Mhz with this.
The pixi with 2.1 has no overclocking kernel, so only fix 600 Mhz (draining the Battery very fast).

- Screensize: I am running mojowhatsapp on my spare pixi with hacked webos 2.1. MWU for this Screen is ok to use, better than nothing. And the screen size is exactly as the veer, so when amoralico supports the screen of the veer, so no problem for the Pixi.

- no device: thats the point, why i said, one can have my spare Pixi to test with.

- the main problems seams to be your first 2 points API and Compiling for ARM6. But i Think the handling of contacts and files is one thing, but the changes in the API of whatsapp is the other thing. I think in my small knowledge of programming Contacts and Filehandling have to be programmed only once, stored in a Modul and then have "only" be changed, when you compile new versions.

But i know, that was your oponion and you are not very near to the development of this app.
I try only to get in discussion, if there are ways to do it and want to understand, where the Probs are.

I want to say, that this is no critisism against amoralico. I am very happy that webos has this whatsupclient - besides: in my opp it is far better then the client e.g. on iOS, which my daughter is using with her Iphone 4).
But you know, asking is at no cost, and i am interested to hold my Pixi as long as it is possible up to date, because i love it very much, as far as you can love a phone ;-).

Sometimes i am very sad, that i dont have any programming skills, so i only can say, i want to help, as far as i can, to keep it up.

Thanx guys

Achim from Gießen in Germany
Old 02/25/2013, 07:23 AM   #1394 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achimi View Post
I am running mojowhatsapp on my spare pixi with hacked webos 2.1.
So you've recompiled the corresponding module for your smaller CPU? I thought Pixies had different CPUs to Pres and Veers. Am I saying anything stupid?

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 04:09 AM   #1395 (permalink)

Quote:
So you've recompiled the corresponding module for your smaller CPU? I thought Pixies had different CPUs to Pres and Veers. Am I saying anything stupid?
hi jcmarcos,

i never have comiled anything, i am an "experienced user", nothing more.
but i think, you must be right, because during the doctoring and installation process, described below, you have to download sth. from a chinese developer, maybe thats the thing you meant as the recompiled Module.

I followed a description from John Steffes to get WebOS2.1 on my Pixi plus.

look at this threads:

webOS 2.1.0 Doctor for PixiPlus on Verizon, AT&T, and WR (ROW)/Pixi on Sprint!

and

webOS 2.1 on Pixi effort, Official Thread

an it worked very easy and good, Thanks to nuttybunny and John Steffes, but it is not their responsibilty, that WebOS2.1 is working not very speedy on the Pixi. It works and it is ok, when you not open more than 2 or 3 cards at the same time.

Yes, it Think, it has another Hardware as Veer, but i am not sure with pre. Pixi Plus has ARM6-Processor and i thought pre and pre plus had the same but as i said, i am not sure.

Achim

Last edited by achimi; 02/26/2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old 02/26/2013, 11:09 AM   #1396 (permalink)

Quote:
I think Antonio did release an ARMv6 binary, but 2.x is still required. I see download links via Google to the previous download location on Github, but it's now 404.
Old 02/26/2013, 12:23 PM   #1397 (permalink)

excuse my bad english, i have a GSM Palm Pre running on 2.1.0, ive installed the ipk, i recibed the whatsapp code,hit register,get a notification saying its ok, but after few seconds shows me "wrong password" what should i do?
Doris Grimaldo Arato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 04:44 PM   #1398 (permalink)

please help.!!

when i open mojo whatsup , it loads endless and nothing happens …
i restart my pre 3 but the same problem... and i won't lose all my chats and pictures..

what can i do.?
YoWhatsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 06:05 PM   #1399 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris Grimaldo Arato View Post
excuse my bad english, i have a GSM Palm Pre running on 2.1.0, ive installed the ipk, i recibed the whatsapp code,hit register,get a notification saying its ok, but after few seconds shows me "wrong password" what should i do?
Which country are you in? In Mexico there's a small issue with the way the country code is handled.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 06:08 PM   #1400 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
Which country are you in? In Mexico there's a small issue with the way the country code is handled.

hi NuttyBunny! are you from poderpda? yes, im in mexico... is there a solution?

hay alguna solucion para el codigo en mexico? gracias!!
Doris Grimaldo Arato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0