Page 7 of 142 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    This. Ideally if this gets rewritten as a Synergy plugin...

Here's an old article for an idea: Implementing Whatsapp on webOS phones « Technology Matters

But as-is it's already damn impressive.
    'eBlade' is working on a version that integrates with synergy, but not based in my code (take a look to this thread http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...app-webos.html)
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Stupid question. Is there any way you can stop it running on your screen?
    If I swipe off the dashboard thing, the app launches into a card. If I throw the card away then again the dashboard comes on. Am I missing something?
    Also I don't think the light bar is turning on in my case. Anyone else?
    To exit application use Exit option in application menu (card view).
    Notification light only works in dashboard view, not when card is open or minimized. I think it is a Mojo problem.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Stupid question. Is there any way you can stop it running on your screen?
    If I swipe off the dashboard thing, the app launches into a card. If I throw the card away then again the dashboard comes on. Am I missing something?
    Also I don't think the light bar is turning on in my case. Anyone else?
    Notification light only works in dashboard view, not when card is open or minimized. I think it is a Mojo problem.
    I cant install the mojowhatsup, when I download the file and try to open this its says something like: Can not open the file, this file format not support.

I live in Madrid, so my pre 3 is in Spanish...

Thanks for the answers...
    You have three options:

1. Copy the IPKs URL, goto Preware on your device > Install package, paste the package URL and install it.
    2. Send the IPK via E-Mail to your device OR download the IPK with your desktop PC and copy it to your device, select and install it in Preware.
    3. Download the IPK with your desktop PC, connect your device to your PC, open up webOS Quick Install and install the package.
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    Didn't see the exit button till you told me so.
    Yeah, I had the card open so that's the reason for the light probably.
    PS The file transfer is really cool !
    Hey there.

@amoralico: Thanks for you work!

@all: To push translations I started a spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VVnMFhfZS1QNUE

Just insert the translations in your language column. Some developer (or myself) will build the translation files and you'll probably get MojoWhatsup in your language soon.

I'll hope that works out!

Cheers
    cainvommars
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    'eBlade' is working on a version that integrates with synergy, but not based in my code (take a look to this thread http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...app-webos.html)
    Oh yeah I know about Eric's version, I did some initial trials long back with him (that's why I got my WhatsApp account in the first place...)

But was thinking maybe your code could be helpful somewhere in the grand scheme of things.

Also I noticed an issue...

Last night I sent some messages to a friend before I went to sleep, he answered me at 12AM. 6AM this morning the notification didn't tell me there were any messages at all. Somehow I killed the service using a weird method, without noticing the Quit command in the menu like you mentioned above, by opening my System menu, then swiped the banner away. Service didn't come back so I restarted MojoWhatsup, THEN the message showed. Background was set to 5 min at the time.

I'll keep monitoring for this situation, but is there some debug log I can configure the app for?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by cainvommars View Post
    @all: To push translations I started a spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VVnMFhfZS1QNUE
    I want to do a Chinese translation, but I couldn't freeze the first column because the first title cell is merged

Can I unmerge the cell? A lot easier to edit with the English column frozen...

EDIT- I'm done for Traditional Chinese, that's used in Taiwan and Hong Kong areas, maybe I'll do a Simplified Chinese version later (used in China, Singapore and Malaysia).
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 09/23/2012 at 06:51 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I want to do a Chinese translation, but I couldn't freeze the first column because the first title cell is merged

Can I unmerge the cell? A lot easier to edit with the English column frozen...
    Done!

traditional chinese, german and italian are on the run!
    Italian translation, made by wMark90
    Attached Files Attached Files
    webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
    Thx for your work! I got a login failed after getting the sms. Register worked too. What is wrong?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by xanuk View Post
    Thx for your work! I got a login failed after getting the sms. Register worked too. What is wrong?

if youre in germany: remove the first 0 from your number and try it again, that worked for me
    Thank you, just found out for Germany.

Just donated :-)

has anyone figured out the correct way to get all the mobile contacts to come up?i am trying all sorts of permutations and combinations but still no success but the only way is if the person initiates a conversation first then i can communicate with them once they arent showing up on the whatsapp contact list.working like a charm though

one thing i have learnt is to at least know if someone actually uses whatsapp is to look at the top of the screen where the persons number/name shows and if there is a date/time before it that means that they actually use whatsapp even if they have yet replied to you
    I think I might've figured out the contacts issue... might want to give it a shot if you have problems.

Check in your built-in contacts list, make sure the phone number type is set correctly. I noticed on my phone, it showed more than it should, turns out those number has the number type set to Mobile. If you don't want the number to show up, set the type to something other than Mobile. Hit the Refresh contact lists button after you're done.

Doesn't help the fact that Google contact phone number type does NOT sync correctly.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 09/23/2012 at 07:44 AM.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    has anyone figured out the correct way to get all the mobile contacts to come up?i am trying all sorts of permutations and combinations but still no success but the only way is if the person initiates a conversation first then i can communicate with them once they arent showing up on the whatsapp contact list.working like a charm though

one thing i have learnt is to at least know if someone actually uses whatsapp is to look at the top of the screen where the persons number/name shows and if there is a date/time before it that means that they actually use whatsapp even if they have yet replied to you

The second part is true, but it's not working always as I said in a previous post.
    There is an option in WhatsApp to NOT have timestamps. If some of your friends have turned on this option then you won't be able to see that they use it.
    I think I might've figured out the contacts issue... might want to give it a shot if you have problems.

Check in your built-in contacts list, make sure the phone number type is set correctly. I noticed on my phone, it showed more than it should, turns out those number has the number type set to Mobile. If you don't want the number to show up, set the type to something other than Mobile. Hit the Refresh contact lists button after you're done.

Doesn't help the fact that Google contact phone number type does NOT sync correctly.
    yes i tried putting them in the correct format but people who werent in the original set of 145 that showed on the whatsapp contact list are showing when i modify them on the whatsapp list from my contacts,my bro was actually not on that list but still able to message me but his name will just not show up on the whatsapp client although it is in the correct format on my native contacts app.i will keep trying though
    One more Important thing , Amoralico : the app always opened in notification is orrible . Make something on this point
    Last edited by wolfgart; 09/23/2012 at 07:59 AM.
    - HP Veer --
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    One Ome Important thing , Amoralico : the app always opened in notification is orrible . Make something on this point
    Maybe just not put it in the notification area, only show a notification when you have new messages.