Page 69 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    amoralico

could you put an option to enable/disable emotions in the message window? personally im on the Veer and dont use any emotions, so i would like to have more space in the message view ...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I think the most convenint way to implement the thing I mentioned earlier to save battery live would be to add another option to the settings that allows to set a timer after the screen has gone off.
    When the screen is off, the timer starts and after that period, the application uses the configured polling interval or simply closes itself, which would accomplish the same.
    This way you can just carelessly leave it open, you'll get an immediate reply if you just temporarily switch the screen off but after a minute or so it will only poll every few minutes.
    That would be really cool?
    Ist the developer still working on his app? The thing is, that I could implement this stuff but I would have to go through all the steps in setting up a development platform, and I just hate all of that work.
    ---
    Well, just tryed to get the source working, but I just get a bunch of errors in the emulator and a blank card.... I think I need to install some SFTP server to edit the files on my pre3 directly, would probably the fastest. It's always a real pain to set up the tools for some development stuff....
    ---
    Alright, got it running, must be because the view is waiting for the plugin to initialize and somehow that's not working in the emulator. Maybe because the plugin has been compiled for arm.
    However I did not succeed in logging in with my account details, I got the password with Impostah and tryed to enter it into my modiefied version, but it tells me wrong login. I did a base64 decode of the password, but that wasn't helping as well.... Little stuck there.
    Last edited by longway77; 02/11/2013 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by longway77 View Post
    I think the most convenint way to implement the thing I mentioned earlier to save battery live would be to add another option to the settings that allows to set a timer after the screen has gone off.
    When the screen is off, the timer starts and after that period, the application uses the configured polling interval or simply closes itself, which would accomplish the same.
    This way you can just carelessly leave it open, you'll get an immediate reply if you just temporarily switch the screen off but after a minute or so it will only poll every few minutes.
    That would be really cool?
    Ist the developer still working on his app? The thing is, that I could implement this stuff but I would have to go through all the steps in setting up a development platform, and I just hate all of that work.
    ---
    Well, just tryed to get the source working, but I just get a bunch of errors in the emulator and a blank card.... I think I need to install some SFTP server to edit the files on my pre3 directly, would probably the fastest. It's always a real pain to set up the tools for some development stuff....
    ---
    Alright, got it running, must be because the view is waiting for the plugin to initialize and somehow that's not working in the emulator. Maybe because the plugin has been compiled for arm.
    However I did not succeed in logging in with my account details, I got the password with Impostah and tryed to enter it into my modiefied version, but it tells me wrong login. I did a base64 decode of the password, but that wasn't helping as well.... Little stuck there.
    the code that's available is not the latest,which is the one that contains the latest login protocol... Maybe that's why you can't login
    Anyone have problems with MWU receiving messages lately? I notice sometimes I need to throw the card away, wait for it to go into background then reopen, then messages come through or gets sent.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #1365  
    Hi all,
    Due to a change in my family status (I recently became father) I will not have much time to support MojoWhatsup. So I decided to publish the source code of the latest version (1.5.1) at Github (https://github.com/amoralico/mojowhatsup) so you can make changes and improvements.
    Anyway I will try to be available to answer any questions you have about the source code.

Just say that I used the C/C++ eclipse Indigo as IDE and the existing WebOS and sourcery codebench eclipse plugins.
    To compile the MojoWhatsup plugin (C++) for arm I used the Sourcery CodeBench Lite tools and to compile for the WebOS emulator I used a cygwin cross compiler because I've programmed on Windows. Eclipse project configuration files are included in the repository.
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    eKeith, thenyboy, virox and 5 others like this.
    Hey man thank you so much for your work & Felicitaciones Papa!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Cool,

thanks a lot, that's helpful. Now I can start on that battery drain issue :-) I was wondering though, why it takes about 10 seconds to deploy it to the emulator and even longer on a real device. Makes development a little bit of a strain. For android I got instant feedback in no time. Webos takes far too long to upload those 3-4mb to the device.
    Oh, and congratulations of course :-)
    ----
    @ToniCipriani: I've noticed that sometimes my messages don't get send properly but I got the impression it's more the UI than the plugin. I usually just swipe back, then go back to the conversation list.
    ----
    Too bad, seems like I'm still too dumb to log in. Here's what I did. Opened ope the project, packaged it and transferred in on the emulator. The packacked plugin seems to be the compiled version for x86 so that should be good. However, after I insert my Name, Code, Number, etc... exactly like in the settings and I submit the really long password 012345whatever234= I just get a failed login with password wrong....
    Last edited by longway77; 02/13/2013 at 06:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks so much amoralico for your done work!

Congratulations to your fatherhood!!! The best thing ever. Enjoy this wonderfull time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    Due to a change in my family status (I recently became father) I will not have much time to support MojoWhatsup.
    ¡Enhorabuena Antonio! Pase lo que pase con tus desarrollos para webOS, no dejaré de sentirme orgulloso de que fueras parte de ésta comunidad. Tú nos diste "lo imposible", y eso quedará para siempre!

Congratulations Antonio! Whatever happens with your webOS developments, it won't me stop from feeling so proud about you being part of this community. You gave us "the impossible", and that's set in stone!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    DRS10 likes this.
    Congratulations. :-)

Thanks for your work and for publishing the code.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    @ToniCipriani: I've noticed that sometimes my messages don't get send properly but I got the impression it's more the UI than the plugin. I usually just swipe back, then go back to the conversation list.
    I was under the same impression initially, until I actually tried it with my friend. I sent a message, it doesn't get sent, until I throw the card away. Also happened once to a group chat, no messages at all, then BAM 10+ messages coming in after I throw away and relaunch the card.

I'll try to do some more testing again.
    Cool,

thanks a lot, that's helpful. Now I can start on that battery drain issue :-) I was wondering though, why it takes about 10 seconds to deploy it to the emulator and even longer on a real device. Makes development a little bit of a strain. For android I got instant feedback in no time. Webos takes far too long to upload those 3-4mb to the device.
    Oh, and congratulations of course :-)
    ----
    ----
    Too bad, seems like I'm still too dumb to log in. Here's what I did. Opened ope the project, packaged it and transferred in on the emulator. The packacked plugin seems to be the compiled version for x86 so that should be good. However, after I insert my Name, Code, Number, etc... exactly like in the settings and I submit the really long password 012345whatever234= I just get a failed login with password wrong....
    I think you should ask a new password instead of login with the one you have and see if it works
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I was under the same impression initially, until I actually tried it with my friend. I sent a message, it doesn't get sent, until I throw the card away. Also happened once to a group chat, no messages at all, then BAM 10+ messages coming in after I throw away and relaunch the card.

I'll try to do some more testing again.
    I experienced the same once or twice..i just thought it was due to Wifi lag..
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    Hi all,
    Due to a change in my family status (I recently became father) I will not have much time to support MojoWhatsup. So I decided to publish the source code of the latest version (1.5.1) at Github (https://github.com/amoralico/mojowhatsup) so you can make changes and improvements.
    Anyway I will try to be available to answer any questions you have about the source code.

Just say that I used the C/C++ eclipse Indigo as IDE and the existing WebOS and sourcery codebench eclipse plugins.
    To compile the MojoWhatsup plugin (C++) for arm I used the Sourcery CodeBench Lite tools and to compile for the WebOS emulator I used a cygwin cross compiler because I've programmed on Windows. Eclipse project configuration files are included in the repository.
    Thanks once again to amoralico and congratulations...
    We also need some brave soul to take amoralicos work forward...He has been doing great with Mojowhatsup and churned out one update per month. Some developers should take up the task to maintain and give updates and the community will be ready to support him as we did amoralico,,
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
    We also need some brave soul to take amoralicos work forward...He has been doing great with Mojowhatsup and churned out one update per month.
    ...and silently, relentlessly, bravely facing the task to fight a protocol that had changed several times under his feet withour prior notice.

Don't forget that MojoWhatsUp is no straightforward app either, it uses an external plugin, written in another language. It's true that Antonio took advantage of what others had investigated, but it is nonetheless an outstanding effort.

We need no ordinary developer, but a HERO developer! Let's hope those WhatsApp guys don't change protocol again (phew!).
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    ...and silently, relentlessly, bravely facing the task to fight a protocol that had changed several times under his feet withour prior notice.

Don't forget that MojoWhatsUp is no straightforward app either, it uses an external plugin, written in another language. It's true that Antonio took advantage of what others had investigated, but it is nonetheless an outstanding effort.

We need no ordinary developer, but a HERO developer! Let's hope those WhatsApp guys don't change protocol again (phew!).
    If they do again this month as they did multiple times since Oct. then suddenly we (some like me who can use Whatsapp only on Pre)will be left with no alternative to buy another cell for that very thing. I didnt use it before and now I use it so often hardly thinking of sending SMS.
    If they do again this month as they did multiple times since Oct. then suddenly we (some like me who can use Whatsapp only on Pre)will be left with no alternative to buy another cell for that very thing. I didnt use it before and now I use it so often hardly thinking of sending SMS.
    I downloaded it and I can't use it... the app opens but nothing appear on my pre... =( I want to use it. Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by fermx87 View Post
    I downloaded it and I can't use it... the app opens but nothing appear on my pre... =( I want to use it. Help!
    webOS version?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Actually they did, but on the status change feature only. So that's actually broken on 1.5.1 right now.

I think I really should take this opportunity to brush up my coding skills...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Is there a way to make the skin black like internalz?

What do i need to change?

Thanks!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.