webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree516Likes

Old 01/29/2013, 08:43 AM   #1341 (permalink)

Recently i have noted that voicenotes won't pen anymore on version 1.5.1, looking at the downloaded files from mojowhatsup i can see that they now come in .caf containers, does anybody know a player for webos that can open these kind of files?
gach87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 10:43 AM   #1342 (permalink)

good,
boldfire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 12:27 PM   #1343 (permalink)

Feature request: dial the number of a contact from MWU, thinking maybe if you tap the name on top, you get options to dial or copy the number. Maybe just when you tap on it, it opens the Phone app with that number already entered.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 02:38 PM   #1344 (permalink)

Hey, amoralico; you know what could be very useful? Be able to send documents/files.

Is it possible?

Best regards,
Old 02/04/2013, 03:46 PM   #1345 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
Hey, amoralico; you know what could be very useful? Be able to send documents/files.

Is it possible?

Best regards,
No, not even with the offizial WhatsApp Apps :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02/06/2013, 08:32 AM   #1346 (permalink)

Hey,
Thanks a lot for developing mojowhatsapp! very useful!
I have only one question:
Can I change writing language? or add one? because I have hebrew and english everywhere on my pre 3 but not in the mojowhatsapp. any thoughts?

Thanks again!
liran karmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 11:00 AM   #1347 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liran karmi View Post
Hey,
Thanks a lot for developing mojowhatsapp! very useful!
I have only one question:
Can I change writing language? or add one? because I have hebrew and english everywhere on my pre 3 but not in the mojowhatsapp. any thoughts?

Thanks again!
Russian in Mojowhatsapp works flawlessly with my Veer. In my case the Russian layout patch.

A other thing, since the last update (1.5.1) I noticed that my device becomes slow after a couple of hours of usage with Mojowhatsapp. Even the 'too many cards' error appears when Mojowhatsapp is the only app that is running. Did not have this in any of the previous versions and I am a heavy user (multiple groups with 10+ persons, frequent sharing and downloading of pictures and locations...). I'm getting the idea it happens sooner when I have used other apps simultaneously. Could it be that the last version causes a memory leak? Or may be it is the history that is getting too large? It's a Veer on 2.2.4 through the superveer doctor method.
Also worth mentioning I guess is that my touchpad experiences the same issue, only instead of the too many card errors it just restarts when it gets to that point.

For both devices is the only solution to restart. Even completely closing of Mojowhatsapp doesn't help. When it comes to that I can see in Govnah an almost constant full cpu usage and a high battery drain (about 200-350 mA).

Any others with this issue? Any solutions maybe?
DRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 12:14 PM   #1348 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You could try to see if JsTop helps to reclaim memory in case it's an actual memory leak?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 02/06/2013, 12:49 PM   #1349 (permalink)

hello, can anyone plz tell me how to block unwanted contact on mojowhatsup.
pnkjtweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 12:58 PM   #1350 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
Russian in Mojowhatsapp works flawlessly with my Veer. In my case the Russian layout patch.
So maybe there is a problem with hebrew? Or the pre 3? Can someone help me figure that out?
The thing is I cant change language in mojowhatsapp.
Old 02/06/2013, 10:17 PM   #1351 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
hello, can anyone plz tell me how to block unwanted contact on mojowhatsup.
What kind of unwanted contacts do you mean? You mean numbers that are not WhatsApp but show up? Or do you mean you receiving unwanted messages because you gave your phone number to some people?

If you mean the former, read FAQ #6. Limitation of webOS contacts API. Suggest try typing your contacts instead of scrolling.

https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...ojoWhatsup-FAQ

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: pnkjtweets
Old 02/07/2013, 02:02 AM   #1352 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
What kind of unwanted contacts do you mean? You mean numbers that are not WhatsApp but show up? Or do you mean you receiving unwanted messages because you gave your phone number to some people?

If you mean the former, read FAQ #6. Limitation of webOS contacts API. Suggest try typing your contacts instead of scrolling.

https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...ojoWhatsup-FAQ
thanks for the reply..I meant the latter though.Wish to block contacts who have my number. Whatsapp has this option but I can't find it in mojowhatsup.
Old 02/07/2013, 02:32 AM   #1353 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

If it's not there you can make a request to amoralico and if possible perhaps it will be added in a later version.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: pnkjtweets
Old 02/07/2013, 02:39 AM   #1354 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
If it's not there you can make a request to amoralico and if possible perhaps it will be added in a later version.
Guess I'll do that, maybe he's already working on it for next update on the app .
Old 02/07/2013, 08:17 AM   #1355 (permalink)

First of all, thanks a lot for the fantastic app, you did a great job there. I get that feeling though, that the app is really heavy on my Pre 3. (Version 1.5.1)
When I leave the app open, 3G off and Wlan on, my battery will drain to about 10% in the evening without much usage. However, when I close the app so it's just running in the background, I have around 60-70% left in the evening. Could it be that the app is polling all the time if left open? Could this behaviour be changed so when the screen is off it should just poll every 15min or so according to the settings?
This is just what I observed, I don't know if I'm right here, but I just did a reinstall of Webos to find out about that heavy battery drain.
longway77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 09:59 AM   #1356 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longway77 View Post
However, when I close the app so it's just running in the background, I have around 60-70% left in the evening. Could it be that the app is polling all the time if left open?`
That's the actual behaviour. See the preferences, where you can choose the interval for checking, instead of the continuos polling that happens when app is open.

Quote:
Could this behaviour be changed so when the screen is off it should just poll every 15min or so according to the settings?
Yes, I think the app should behave the way you describe: Use the interval set on preferences not only when it's in the background, but also when screen goes blank. I don't know how webOS apps are notigied of that, but surely they are? Or perhaps, the app could put itself in background when screen goes blank.

As of now, you have to remember to "close" the app, and put it in background.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 10:17 AM   #1357 (permalink)

please upload to webos 1.4.5 or 1.4.0
shinigamiger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 03:47 PM   #1358 (permalink)

I have this problem of changing language...
Whenever Im trying to change language (double pressing SYM) nothing happens.
From what Ive learned so far, it could be the fact that its hebrew and not other language but im not sure about that.
Is there anyone that can help?
Old 02/09/2013, 10:55 AM   #1359 (permalink)

Change of language works in my case.
(homebrew patch)
Loiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2013, 11:08 AM   #1360 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
Change of language works in my case.
(homebrew patch)
What language are you using?

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0