webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree516Likes

Old 01/16/2013, 12:55 PM   #1321 (permalink)

Yes, I've added the new numbers to my adress book. Sorry, I wasn't that clear.
Sucidem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 01:37 AM   #1322 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
The contacts must be a Mobile number (depending on your pref setting, but default is Mobile only.)
Mind you, I still have the problem that not every contact shows up. But perhaps it's not really MojoWhatsup fault, because this trick solves it: Close MojoWhatsup, edit the contact, put its number as "other", save contact, wait some seconds (really). Then, edit contact again, put its number back as "mobile", and save. Upon opening MojoWhatsup, the contact shows up.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 12:23 PM   #1323 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
Mind you, I still have the problem that not every contact shows up. But perhaps it's not really MojoWhatsup fault, because this trick solves it: Close MojoWhatsup, edit the contact, put its number as "other", save contact, wait some seconds (really). Then, edit contact again, put its number back as "mobile", and save. Upon opening MojoWhatsup, the contact shows up.
I actually notice new numbers that I add as "Mobile" always for some reason become "Other" on its own, then I have to manually flick it back to "Mobile". Then it works.

That I'm sure it's not the fault of MWU but syncing of Google.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 08:48 AM   #1324 (permalink)

works great on my veer!
Thanks!!!!
nadavdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 10:20 AM   #1325 (permalink)

Is it possible to use WA in my Touchpad? I get a password failure error when I try to login and I'm almost sure it's the correct one.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Loiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 12:23 PM   #1326 (permalink)

Dear,

My registration SMS was like this 111-111 but the code only worked when I entered it like: 111111.

Thank you very very much for this app.

But now I need a new excuse to leave WebOS behind. It is still my preferred choice compared to Android or iOS.

Manfred

Last edited by MRdeJong; 01/18/2013 at 12:29 PM.
MRdeJong is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Jimbode and MartinH@webos like this.
Old 01/18/2013, 11:45 PM   #1327 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
If people have issues with crashing, the system maintains a store of logs obtained after crashes. You can look in /var/log/rdxd/pending/ for them. Their name is rather basic (rdxd_<incrimental number>.tar.gz), so you will have to look at the creation date to know when they were created.

These logs contain minicore dumps (useful if LunaSysMgr crashed because an app caused it to crash, or if node crashed from a service), and the syslogs (which may or may not contain personal information).
thanks! how do I view these logs? Internalz Pro doesn't know what to associate with these files.
beetrootred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 04:19 AM   #1328 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
Is it possible to use WA in my Touchpad? I get a password failure error when I try to login and I'm almost sure it's the correct one.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
In FAQ there is a link to backup and transfer all files to another webOS device. No password input needed, as all should be transfered: https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...ojoWhatsup-FAQ
Thanked By: Loiter
Old 01/19/2013, 04:25 AM   #1329 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
I actually notice new numbers that I add as "Mobile" always for some reason become "Other" on its own, then I have to manually flick it back to "Mobile". Then it works.

That I'm sure it's not the fault of MWU but syncing of Google.
For me this behaviour also sometimes exists in EAS-sync with zarafa. Mostly when editing data in a webfrontend and syncing data back to phone. Didn't know google-sync is also affected.

Added your comment to FAQ
Old 01/19/2013, 05:17 AM   #1330 (permalink)

Hello,
I have a Palm pre 3 and I don't can install nothing verision of this app. Wen i execute the insalation my telefon says that these archives is not compatible.. Can you help me.
Albert Martinez Comellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 12:01 PM   #1331 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
In FAQ there is a link to backup and transfer all files to another webOS device. No password input needed, as all should be transfered: https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...ojoWhatsup-FAQ
So this means you don't need a "clean" install?
I just thought this was for carrying your data AFTER installing it in the TP.
Old 01/23/2013, 07:12 AM   #1332 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by presir View Post
Dear Antonio.-
Thanks for helping me
- MojoWhatsup version you have installed =>1.5.1
-My Country=> Mexico
The exact message that appears when you request the SMS code=>
Resultado de la Peticion
Status= Ok
Login= 521xxxxxxxxx
pw=xxxxxxxxx
type=existing
expiration=1389578332
kind=free
price=$13
currency=MXN
price_expiration=1361401787
afterwards displays the following message "Fallo Identificacion de cuenta" "contraseña incorrecta, Por favor compruebe los ajustes de sus cuenta".There is a red button which says "Ir a Ajustes de cuenta"
I'm having the exact same issue in Mexico. I even went an extra step and used the Purchase Option thinking that maybe the number was already used (it's my work SIM), but no, the same behaviour.

If I go to the account settings and login again with the long password, it responds that the password is wrong.

I've tried registering several times and each time I get a different password, but every single time MojoWhatsup says it's invalid

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 07:49 AM   #1333 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
I'm having the exact same issue in Mexico. I even went an extra step and used the Purchase Option thinking that maybe the number was already used (it's my work SIM), but no, the same behaviour.

If I go to the account settings and login again with the long password, it responds that the password is wrong.

I've tried registering several times and each time I get a different password, but every single time MojoWhatsup says it's invalid

I stand corrected, in Mexico for some stupid reason the dialing is +521 xx xxxx xxxx but locally we only dial 10 numbers (the 1 indicates calling party pays, go figure from landlines it's even worse).

I got this error, but I changed the phone number to add the 1 beforehand, pasted in the password in the login button and it worked!

I have to change my contacts to use the number 1 inside so it can be read by whatsapp but at least it's working.

Thanks!!! Now, where's that donate link?

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Old 01/23/2013, 11:01 AM   #1334 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
So this means you don't need a "clean" install?
I just thought this was for carrying your data AFTER installing it in the TP.
Ok i see i have to be more precise

If you want to install the same MWU profile you have on your phone on an other webOS device (e.g. Touchpad), do this.

0. Exit MWU over Menu
1. Save your MWU profile on your phone with the save&restore app and MWU script. Stay focused on this card until saving is done.
2. You have to install MWU on Touchpad (same version as you have on phone) and a first startup is needed. But no registration, sms, password... needed.
3. Be sure to really exit MWU via menu on Touchpad.
4. Install save&restore app and MWU script on Touchpad
5. Copy over the whole directory from your phone /media/internal/saverestore/com.palm.mojowhatsup/ to same directory in Touchpad or at least take the latest zip there and send it via email (internalz pro) to touchpad and copy it to the same path (after creating it with internalz pro)
6. Then you restore (the before on phone saved data) via app save&restore on your Touchpad. As the restore skript also tries to restore the downloaded MWU pictures/Videos... in /media/internal/mojowhatsup,there is an error if this directory is empty(put an bugos file in there and backup again):
Code:
caution: filename not matched: mojowhatup/* /media/internal/saverestore/com.palm.mojowhatsup/20130624T172638+0200/mojowhatsup not found
7. IMPORTANT: direct device reboot needed after restoring else appdata cookie will be lost and registration data will be asked again. If needed do an other restore and then reboot instantly.
8. After reboot and startup of t MWU you should be logged in and have all saved convos/files and should be able to chat instantly on touchpad -> no more settings needed. (tested up to version 1.5.5.)

After all, this is no profile sync solution, it is only a simple way to install it without hassle on touchpad. Think of it as Palm Backup app restore on Touchpad it's no iCloud

This way you can use the same account on your webOS phone and on a wifi only TouchPad.

Have only tested this with Pre2 (SIM connected phone) to Pre3 (wifi only testdevice) and Touchpad.

Last edited by gizmo21; 07/01/2013 at 02:15 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by hunland, Loiter
Old 01/23/2013, 11:12 AM   #1335 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozel View Post
Later when you received a SMS code, maybe change the Phone number like this:
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Only add 1XXX-XXX-XXXX and works great, testing in México Phone number
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
I stand corrected, in Mexico for some stupid reason the dialing is +521 xx xxxx xxxx but locally we only dial 10 numbers (the 1 indicates calling party pays, go figure from landlines it's even worse).

I got this error, but I changed the phone number to add the 1 beforehand, pasted in the password in the login button and it worked!

I have to change my contacts to use the number 1 inside so it can be read by whatsapp but at least it's working.

Thanks!!! Now, where's that donate link?
Mexico registration worked like this:

CC: 52
Mobilenumber: 1xxxxxxxxxx (10 digits)
Name: blahblah
Code: xxxxxx (6 digits)

And phonenumbers in contacts should be look like this:
Mobile: 1xxxxxxxxxx (10 digits)

As we had some Mexico probs here already, i will add this post to the FAQ.

Last edited by gizmo21; 01/24/2013 at 01:13 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sshaka and hunland like this.
Thanked by hunland, sshaka
Old 01/23/2013, 05:59 PM   #1336 (permalink)

Quote:
Nutty what of those two would it look like in the registration field then?

CC: 1521 or 1
Mobilenumber:xxxxxxxxxx or 1xxxxxxxxxxxx
Username:xxxxxx
Code:xxx

As we had some Mexico probs here already, i will add this post to the FAQ.
I have:
CC: 52
Mobilenumber: 1xxxxxxxxxx (10 digits)
Name: blahblah
Code: xxxxxx (6 digits)

And, of course, I had to copy the mega password to login

Old 01/23/2013, 07:51 PM   #1337 (permalink)

I noticed after I registered, it said something about sms $0.99.
hotice396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 08:02 PM   #1338 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotice396 View Post
I noticed after I registered, it said something about sms $0.99.
I think that's the cost after the first year

Old 01/24/2013, 06:41 AM   #1339 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok i see i have to be more precise

If you want to install the same MWU profile you have on your phone on an other webOS device (e.g. Touchpad), do this.

1. Save your MWU profile on your phone with the save&restore app and MWU script
2. You have to install MWU on Touchpad (same version as you have on phone) and perhaps a first startup is needed. But no registration, sms, password... needed.
3. Be sure to really exit MWU via menu on Touchpad.
4. Install save&restore app and MWU script on Touchpad
5. Copy over the whole directory from your phone /media/internal/saverestore/com.palm.mojowhatsup/ to same directory in Touchpad or at least take the latest zip there and send it via email (internalz pro) to touchpad and copy it to the same path (after creating it with internalz pro)
6. Then you restore (the before on phone saved data) via app save&restore on your Touchpad.
7. After the next MWU startup you should have all saved convos/files and should be able to chat instantly on touchpad -> no more settings needed.

After all this is no profile sync solution, it is only a simple way to install it without hassle on touchpad. Think of it as Palm Backup app restore on Touchpad it's no iCloud

Have only tested this with Pre2 (SIM connected phone) to Pre3 (wifi only testdevice) as i have no Touchpad.
Please report if that worked on Touchpad.
Thanks for your trouble. Although I understood what you meant, I was just not sure it worked that way that's why I asked.
I'll try it in the next few days and report back.
Old 01/24/2013, 10:33 PM   #1340 (permalink)

Wow!, version 1.5.1 was the surprise me that he no longer works on my TouchPad. Anyone know anything about this?
despinova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0