webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree588Likes

Old 01/13/2013, 11:43 PM   #1301 (permalink)

thanks amoralico for this app. it's great!

couple of points:
(1) is it just me or does 1.51 drain the battery faster than 1.50 did?
(2) my Pre3 started to reboot randomly after I installed 1.51.

keep up the good work. made a small donation as my gesture of thanks!

Last edited by beetrootred; 01/13/2013 at 11:59 PM.
beetrootred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 05:17 AM   #1302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetrootred View Post

couple of points:

1) It should not. Changes are minimal with respect to v.1.5.0.
2) I don't think it is due o MojoWhatsup. Let's see if other users have the same problem.
Old 01/14/2013, 07:21 AM   #1303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
1) It should not. Changes are minimal with respect to v.1.5.0.
2) I don't think it is due o MojoWhatsup. Let's see if other users have the same problem.
Another big thank you, this is the one app I was missing on WebOS!

Since 1.5.1 I have a small issue. Messages I sent show up in the GUI as being sent on jan 1st, 1970 1:00. This probably corresponds with a timestamp of 0 in the CET timezone. Is that just me? :-)
RSpliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 08:09 AM   #1304 (permalink)

Please answer me , i wish to know if they are any version for a pixi plus with 1.4.5. please! Thanks
fancy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 10:14 AM   #1305 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancy87 View Post
Please answer me , i wish to know if they are any version for a pixi plus with 1.4.5. please! Thanks
See the FAQ
Old 01/14/2013, 10:18 AM   #1306 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSpliet View Post
Another big thank you, this is the one app I was missing on WebOS!

Since 1.5.1 I have a small issue. Messages I sent show up in the GUI as being sent on jan 1st, 1970 1:00. This probably corresponds with a timestamp of 0 in the CET timezone. Is that just me? :-)
Read this.

Quote:
Yes. I'm sorry.
I had to fix a bug about the timestamp of sent messages that I realized just after uploading the file.
If anyone has this problem please re-download version 1.5.1
Old 01/14/2013, 12:48 PM   #1307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetrootred View Post

couple of points:

I have exactly the same problem: after i have upgraded to 1.51 my Pre3 started to reboot randomly...
pietromx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 01:38 PM   #1308 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0n_Marco View Post
Dear amoralico,

first of all I want to thank you for your great work. We're all waiting for this app for ages until you did this masterpiece of work. At first I couldn't believe it as I read, that there is a Whatsapp-Client available for webOS now. Unfortunately my joy didn't last too long because I am using a Palm Pixi+ running webOS 1.4.5 which seems to be incompatible with your current version. Due to the changes in webOS 2 (db8 instead of one db3-Database file) and the missing possibility to backup your data without using the cloud, which was possible in 1.4.5 by saving the PalmDatabase.db3, I can't update to webOS 2. I've already did that once but reverted it as I recognized that there is no possibility to backup your data offline. So I pray you to keep developing a webOS 1.4.5 compatible Version of your Whatsup. I've been waiting for this app so long! PLEASE build a version I can also use.

Greetings

D0n_Marco

Is there really no chance to get a 1.4.5 compatible version one day?
Don_Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 04:43 PM   #1309 (permalink)

The app itseld doesn't drain the battery that bad... I had my Pixi Plus from 7AM till 11PM the whole day with MojoWhatsup running in the background checking every 15 minutes for new messages and my battery is about 70% now. The screen was off nearly all the time, but I also had Twitter and Email running in the background so they were checking too for new messages.
In conclusion I think the app isn't bad for your battery at all. It's just normal that Push notification takes some battery life but things like screen are taking much more energy...
Cheers
nfsracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 08:27 PM   #1310 (permalink)

hello,
im from germany and i have the palm pre. system version webos 1.4.1.

ive tried to install every kind of version, but every time i open the app it just appears a white screen. nothing else. ive retstarted plenty of times, but just a white screen.

is there someone out who can help me with that problem. would be so great....

thanks
peterpan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 01:13 AM   #1311 (permalink)

Quote:
See the FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan28 View Post
hello,
im from germany and i have the palm pre. system version webos 1.4.1.

ive tried to install every kind of version, but every time i open the app it just appears a white screen. nothing else. ive retstarted plenty of times, but just a white screen.

is there someone out who can help me with that problem. would be so great....

thanks
Only 2.x and higher!
Quote:
See the FAQ
renater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 02:28 AM   #1312 (permalink)

Dear Antonio.-

I have not been able to receive activation by SMS, what should I Do?? I 'd like to donate as soon as I get it in my Pre2

Also I dont know whether is necessary to put the pass or not, I've already checked FAQ but didnīt understant very well.

Please Help!!

Thanks
presir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 04:00 AM   #1313 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by presir View Post
Dear Antonio.-

I have not been able to receive activation by SMS, what should I Do?? I 'd like to donate as soon as I get it in my Pre2

Also I dont know whether is necessary to put the pass or not, I've already checked FAQ but didnīt understant very well.

Please Help!!

Thanks
Please give more information:
- MojoWhatsup version you have installed.
- Your country.
- The exact message that appears when you request the SMS code.

The password is given by the server automatically after registering and then the app log in automatically. Password is only necessary to log in manually when you already know your current password.
Old 01/15/2013, 07:55 AM   #1314 (permalink)

Quote:
The app itseld doesn't drain the battery that bad... I had my Pixi Plus from 7AM till 11PM the whole day with MojoWhatsup running in the background checking every 15 minutes for new messages and my battery is about 70% now. The screen was off nearly all the time, but I also had Twitter and Email running in the background so they were checking too for new messages.
In conclusion I think the app isn't bad for your battery at all. It's just normal that Push notification takes some battery life but things like screen are taking much more energy...
Cheers
hi,
I'd be interested to know what people's battery life is like if you actually use the program to have conversations. If the app is minimised to the dash, it seems pretty efficient like mentioned above, but I've found that having a conversation for 20mins or so seriously drains the battery, but that could be exacerbated by signal strength.

Baldric

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
baldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 07:59 AM   #1315 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renater View Post
Only 2.x and higher!
Renater, thanks for ur answer. Is there any chance to update my version 1.4.1 to a higher one?

And is there an explanation how to do that?

Thanks for ur help.
peterpan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 08:34 AM   #1316 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan28 View Post
Renater, thanks for ur answer. Is there any chance to update my version 1.4.1 to a higher one?

And is there an explanation how to do that?

Thanks for ur help.
You can use the meta doctor, but 2.1 is not that great on a Pre due to limited RAM. I wouldn't recommend it just for this, but it's up to you I suppose. If it is a Pre+ go for it.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 01:51 PM   #1317 (permalink)

Quote:
Please give more information:
- MojoWhatsup version you have installed.
- Your country.
- The exact message that appears when you request the SMS code.

The password is given by the server automatically after registering and then the app log in automatically. Password is only necessary to log in manually when you already know your current password.
Dear Antonio.-
Thanks for helping me
- MojoWhatsup version you have installed =>1.5.1
-My Country=> Mexico
The exact message that appears when you request the SMS code=>
Resultado de la Peticion
Status= Ok
Login= 521xxxxxxxxx
pw=xxxxxxxxx
type=existing
expiration=1389578332
kind=free
price=$13
currency=MXN
price_expiration=1361401787
afterwards displays the following message "Fallo Identificacion de cuenta" "contraseņa incorrecta, Por favor compruebe los ajustes de sus cuenta".There is a red button which says "Ir a Ajustes de cuenta"
presir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 03:01 PM   #1318 (permalink)

If people have issues with crashing, the system maintains a store of logs obtained after crashes. You can look in /var/log/rdxd/pending/ for them. Their name is rather basic (rdxd_<incrimental number>.tar.gz), so you will have to look at the creation date to know when they were created.

These logs contain minicore dumps (useful if LunaSysMgr crashed because an app caused it to crash, or if node crashed from a service), and the syslogs (which may or may not contain personal information).
Old 01/16/2013, 11:44 AM   #1319 (permalink)

Hi,

thanks amoralico for this great app!
I'm using MWA on my Pre+ with 2.1, but unfortunately the contacts which I added after installing MWA are not updated (I can just see their number). I've also reinstalled MWA and rebootet my phone...
It wouldn't be a problem if I could see the names im groupchat, but I just see a ": [message]", so i have to guess who had written
Any solutions for this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Sucidem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 12:32 PM   #1320 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucidem View Post
Hi,

thanks amoralico for this great app!
I'm using MWA on my Pre+ with 2.1, but unfortunately the contacts which I added after installing MWA are not updated (I can just see their number). I've also reinstalled MWA and rebootet my phone...
It wouldn't be a problem if I could see the names im groupchat, but I just see a ": [message]", so i have to guess who had written
Any solutions for this issue?

Thanks in advance!
The contacts are not retrieved from the WA servers, they must exist in your own contacts. Also must be a Mobile number (depending on your pref setting, but default is Mobile only.)
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0