webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree496Likes

Old 12/27/2012, 03:33 PM   #1201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
simultaneously no. if both logged in only one gets message. for login in both, read FAQ
And if used on Webos AND Android ? Same for that setup?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
ZeroZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 03:36 PM   #1202 (permalink)

Hi!

First of all I'd like to thank Amoralico for all the good work he's done making Whatsapp possible on webos devices, and for all the patience listening to feedback and issues.

I have two issues with MWU running on my Pre 3 webos version 2.2.4 and tried to find some solutions within this thread, but didn't find any. So, any help would be much appreciated.

First, MWU drains my battery a lot even when I'm not using my Pre.
Second, i use MWU a lot, and after some time i get an error message that too many cards are open on my Pre and cannot open any new ones. But at that time, no cards are open, just MWU running in the background. I can work around that by doing a Luna restart, but i sincerely hope that's not the only solution.

Thanks
Ranthael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 03:52 PM   #1203 (permalink)

Another thing: is it possible to add a function:
press&hold on a chat to open that chat in a new card?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
ZeroZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 04:49 PM   #1204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Not sure if I'm reproducing this properly... the smiley all show up right where I put them.

Click to view quoted image
Hmm...that's strange. It seems to be good for you but I've got this emoticon always at the beginning bug since v1.5.0. Maybe only for Pixi users but it was working good in v1.4.3.
I'm curious If there are other people around who experience the same bug?
nfsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 05:46 PM   #1205 (permalink)

Yes, I'm facing the same problem. All my icons will show up always at the beginning. HP Veer running on WebOS 2.1.1.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
MrGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 07:41 PM   #1206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
I've uploaded a Pixi version. I've uploaded it in a separete file because I don't knoew if it will work.
Please, Pixi users, try it and tell me if it works. If it dows I will consider updating the ipk for all devices.

Download here:
https://github.com/amoralico/mojowhatsup/downloads
Hello amoralico , I do not know how to install it on my Pixi Plus , could you please explain me well, because the link you posted shows you three versions, 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3 1.0.1 but I also found v1.0.1 in the same page ... zip and there was several folders, install it as.
danielca24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 08:54 PM   #1207 (permalink)

Version 1.5.0 works on my Pre2 cdma in Indonesia.
This is the first release that I can use.
bangeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 11:12 PM   #1208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsracer View Post
Hmm...that's strange. It seems to be good for you but I've got this emoticon always at the beginning bug since v1.5.0. Maybe only for Pixi users but it was working good in v1.4.3.
I'm curious If there are other people around who experience the same bug?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGan View Post
Yes, I'm facing the same problem. All my icons will show up always at the beginning. HP Veer running on WebOS 2.1.1.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Tried on my Veer 2.2.4 with 1.5.0, still can't reproduce:

The only thing I can think of is different is the language setting, my Pre 3 is set to zh_HK and Veer is en_CA. Perhaps try switching a language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielca24 View Post
Hello amoralico , I do not know how to install it on my Pixi Plus , could you please explain me well, because the link you posted shows you three versions, 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3 1.0.1 but I also found v1.0.1 in the same page ... zip and there was several folders, install it as.
First thing you need is webOS 2.1.0 on your phone. Then install 1.5.0. The older versions basically don't work.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 05:41 AM   #1209 (permalink)

Just tried it with language set to English (which was German before) but I still have the same bug. When I place the Cursor where I want the smiley and then choose the smiley I want it is always placed at the beginning... I'm very confused about that. Maybe it's because I didn't delete the old version before installing the new 1.5.0 ???
Did you change anything with the smileys from 1.4.3 to 1.5.0 because it was working perfectly in the old version
Old 12/28/2012, 09:12 AM   #1210 (permalink)

Does anyone have issues opening videos that are received? Where are they saved to open them manually, they do not seem to be in the same folder as the photos
kel101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 09:13 AM   #1211 (permalink)

Both my Veer and Pre 3 were just install over 1.4.3, nothing special. The Veer wasn' registered before 1.5.0 though.
Old 12/28/2012, 10:48 PM   #1212 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Tried on my Veer 2.2.4 with 1.5.0, still can't reproduce:

Click to view quoted image

The only thing I can think of is different is the language setting, my Pre 3 is set to zh_HK and Veer is en_CA. Perhaps try switching a language?
My Pre 3 is set to zh_HK too, there is no problem with the smileys except in the text box.
Old 12/29/2012, 03:44 PM   #1213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
Does anyone have issues opening videos that are received? Where are they saved to open them manually, they do not seem to be in the same folder as the photos
Open Videos and go to Loaded videos, should be there.

Old 12/30/2012, 07:54 AM   #1214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranthael View Post
Hi!

First of all I'd like to thank Amoralico for all the good work he's done making Whatsapp possible on webos devices, and for all the patience listening to feedback and issues.

I have two issues with MWU running on my Pre 3 webos version 2.2.4 and tried to find some solutions within this thread, but didn't find any. So, any help would be much appreciated.

First, MWU drains my battery a lot even when I'm not using my Pre.
Second, i use MWU a lot, and after some time i get an error message that too many cards are open on my Pre and cannot open any new ones. But at that time, no cards are open, just MWU running in the background. I can work around that by doing a Luna restart, but i sincerely hope that's not the only solution.

Thanks
Your first issue is probably a fact of life. Being logged in to Skype also destroys the battery on my Pre 3. You could try changing how often the app checks for messages.

A possible cure for your second issue is to install Uberkernel from Preware. It's an over-clocking kernel so you would need Govnah to control it but it does include code to work around the "too many cards" error. I personally have not seen this error since I first got a Palm Pre in 2009.
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Ranthael
Old 12/30/2012, 03:30 PM   #1215 (permalink)

I personally got the impression that it doesn't care how often the app searches for new messages, because I get new messages immediately
Old 12/31/2012, 04:15 AM   #1216 (permalink)

I think I'm the only one having this problem as no one else reported it, curious to know what it could be. After swiping the app sometimes stays on in the background (icon bottom right) but sometimes it just disappears, like if I had clicked on 'exit'.

A curiosity I have, when you scroll the contacts, I can see the pics only of those I have texted to, to see the pics of other contacts I have to click a contact singularly and click on 'see profile photo', is that how it should be?

Have a smashing 2013 everyone
Old 12/31/2012, 05:55 AM   #1217 (permalink)

I think it is the same for me with the profile pictures but I'm not sure.
Just had the idea that a counter inside the settings or somewhere would be cool to count how many messages you've sent Keeping track of your addiction :P
Old 12/31/2012, 08:29 AM   #1218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsracer View Post
I personally got the impression that it doesn't care how often the app searches for new messages, because I get new messages immediately
After a re-read of the installation instructions this setting is the reconnect when phone is asleep timer.

I was going to surgest a setting to toggle the enter key to send message or insert line feed but then discovered the forward swipe to send feature on my re-read
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 03:03 PM   #1219 (permalink)

I'm new here and really confused about this app. I did read a bit of this thread, but not the whole thing, so forgive me if my question has already been answered. My question is: Is this app compatible with 1.4.5, or do I have to be on 2.1.0? I tried the app on 1.4.5 and all I get is a blank card, no matter how many restarts or relaunches performed. If it is compatible with 1.4.5, does anyone know what I am doing wrong or know how to fix it? If its not compatible, then I guess I will have to use 2.1.0. Any help is appreciated!
tartilc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 08:28 PM   #1220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartilc View Post
I'm new here and really confused about this app. I did read a bit of this thread, but not the whole thing, so forgive me if my question has already been answered. My question is: Is this app compatible with 1.4.5, or do I have to be on 2.1.0? I tried the app on 1.4.5 and all I get is a blank card, no matter how many restarts or relaunches performed. If it is compatible with 1.4.5, does anyone know what I am doing wrong or know how to fix it? If its not compatible, then I guess I will have to use 2.1.0. Any help is appreciated!
No 1.4.5.

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0