webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree587Likes

Old 12/20/2012, 06:29 PM   #1161 (permalink)

When I do it with the Pre3 and the Touchpad things get weird in the sense that messages would go either to the Touchpad or to the Pre3, it depends on who contacts the whatsapp server first. Whoever contacts the server first gets whatever message is pending in the queue
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 12:31 AM   #1162 (permalink)

Does anyone know if the developer for the "MojoWhat'sUp" has any intention in bringing that app to the Homebrew catalog, that will enable users to download that application without any hassle of downloading it individually to your device. ?
Old 12/21/2012, 02:19 AM   #1163 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

well in the state that it was in the last weeks, it has been good that way, so that not more "non reading" users spammed that thread with "why is this, that not possible"-postings. And as long dev thinks it's alpha, anyone should not be aware of problems.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Jozz and jcmarcos like this.
Old 12/21/2012, 04:40 AM   #1164 (permalink)

I installed the 1.5 version last night and it works great on my Pre3.
I used the 6 digit code (skip the '-' between the two 3-digits so 111-222 become 111222 and register.)
Login works and all well.
On my Pre+ i didn't receive the SMS-code and therefore i managed to request the code on my Laptop (AndroidX86) and i Received the code on my Pre+, registered and logged in! Also working!

Great, GREAT job!

Now only have to find a way to use it on both my smartphone and touchpad.
ZeroZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 04:54 AM   #1165 (permalink)

I installed the 1.5 version and it works great on my Pre3.
I will use it more often the next days and will report any failures!
Great job so far!
LuciusHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 05:15 AM   #1166 (permalink)

I installed 1.5 too but tried the sms workaround with an iphone before, where I got the 6 digit sms. now I get the same correct sms too and could register successfully, but while trying to login I get password failure. I'm not sure, may be I forget the correct password. Is there a way to recreate a new password or a new registration?

Thanks to these great developers and community!!
ibram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 05:34 AM   #1167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibram View Post
I installed 1.5 too but tried the sms workaround with an iphone before, where I got the 6 digit sms. now I get the same correct sms too and could register successfully, but while trying to login I get password failure. I'm not sure, may be I forget the correct password. Is there a way to recreate a new password or a new registration?

Thanks to these great developers and community!!
Everytime you get registered succesfully a new password is sent by the server. You can see the new pw in the registration answer (field 'pw=XX...XX='). This pw is stored by the app and when you press the Close button the app log-in automatically. The Log-in button has to be used when you want to log-in with an existing password without registering (for example if you also want to use MojoWhatsup in your Touchpad with the same account with which you previously registered on your mobile phone)
Thanked by ibram, jcmarcos, Jimbode, Jozz
Old 12/21/2012, 06:57 AM   #1168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZorro View Post

Great, GREAT job!

Now only have to find a way to use it on both my smartphone and touchpad.
I use my account on pre3 and tp since v.1.0. I regsitered my pre3 and logged me in with the same account on both devices. Works with no Problems. The only thing is you cant receive the same messages on both devices. And thats no problem imho.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
figgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ZeroZorro
Old 12/21/2012, 07:11 AM   #1169 (permalink)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

The dictionary appears in Chinese or Japanese but only in MojoWhatsup and appears from the first versions, since joining the Chinese language

In all applications on the phone, it works fine, ie Spanish.

1.png

2.png

Have you seen this pencil top left? I get when you jump the dictionary.

HP VEER - SPAIN - SIMYO

thanks
regards
alfabetapeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 07:16 AM   #1170 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
Everytime you get registered succesfully a new password is sent by the server. You can see the new pw in the registration answer (field 'pw=XX...XX='). This pw is stored by the app and when you press the Close button the app log-in automatically. The Log-in button has to be used when you want to log-in with an existing password without registering (for example if you also want to use MojoWhatsup in your Touchpad with the same account with which you previously registered on your mobile phone)

Updated FAQ
with these infos.

As i'm still using 1.4.2 (was afraid of updating and loosing registration) , i don't know if everything i wrote for 1.5.0 is correct.
Old 12/21/2012, 10:57 AM   #1171 (permalink)

It seems the App, after closing and reopening, keeps losing the server password.
But only for those who registered the first time with 1.5.0.

So after the startup you see the registration screen again. Just click on register again and you are logged in.
If you press login instead you will be asked for the server password - this is then the wrong way.

BUT besides that ........... GREAT APP!!!!!

I like the MBW integration !!!!!!!!!!!!
MrGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 11:56 AM   #1172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGan View Post
It seems the App, after closing and reopening, keeps losing the server password.
But only for those who registered the first time with 1.5.0.

So after the startup you see the registration screen again. Just click on register again and you are logged in.
If you press login instead you will be asked for the server password - this is then the wrong way.

BUT besides that ........... GREAT APP!!!!!

I like the MBW integration !!!!!!!!!!!!
I fixed it. If you download again version 1.5.0 you won't be asked to register everytime the app is restarted.
Old 12/21/2012, 12:19 PM   #1173 (permalink)

If you didn't write down the displayed generated password, and you want another device to use the same account, how can you retrieve the previously sent/generated password?

Thanks
Baldric

Quote:

baldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 01:20 PM   #1174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldric View Post
If you didn't write down the displayed generated password, and you want another device to use the same account, how can you retrieve the previously sent/generated password?

Thanks
Baldric

The pw is stored in a cookie.
To see app's cookies you can use Impostah. You can download it from Preware. Use the App cookies button, select com.palm.mojowhatsup application, appdata cookie and tap on value: one of the shown attributes is the password.
Old 12/21/2012, 02:02 PM   #1175 (permalink)

Quote:
I fixed it. If you download again version 1.5.0 you won't be asked to register everytime the app is restarted.
Great work amoralico!

I LOVE the use of gesture area for sending messages! I think this feature alone made MWU the app of the year by far! Nonetheless, the only bug I've found is that when I put a custom status message and use emojis, it -at first- shows me the emojis, but afterwards it doesn't show the emojis I've put in my status. An easy fix for the next version, ;-) I guess.
Donation coming through!
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 05:08 PM   #1176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgel View Post
I use my account on pre3 and tp since v.1.0. I regsitered my pre3 and logged me in with the same account on both devices. Works with no Problems. The only thing is you cant receive the same messages on both devices. And thats no problem imho.
You mean using Webos on the TP? Cause my CM10 (yes, i know, i use both) says it needs re-validation (reverify) after i logged in on my Pre3.

Last edited by ZeroZorro; 12/21/2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12/21/2012, 06:56 PM   #1177 (permalink)

Another thing: when opening a chat and start typing the keyboard is set to caps-lock
So i have to switch back to 'normal' otherwise i shout ALL THE TIME. Am i the only one?
Old 12/21/2012, 08:27 PM   #1178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZorro View Post
Another thing: when opening a chat and start typing the keyboard is set to caps-lock
So i have to switch back to 'normal' otherwise i shout ALL THE TIME. Am i the only one?
I have that problem but that's just me, since I have the bad habit of pressing shift before starting anything to try to turn off auto initial caps. In a regular webOS app the first shift is ignored, second shift engages caps. MojoWhatsApp would engage caps on the first press for some reason.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 05:48 AM   #1179 (permalink)

What a app!!!!

Besides the caps lock, what was there since the first version, i noticed a new small issue:
Icons are always add at the start of the message not where the cursor rests. But I guess this should be easy to fix..

Thx a lot!!!!

All the best and a happy new year!

Version 1.5 2nd Editon

Last edited by MrGan; 12/22/2012 at 02:00 PM.
MrGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 06:20 AM   #1180 (permalink)

After upgrading to 1.5 the app is not running in the background anymore, is that normal? Sorry if this has been asked before but haven't seen it.

Edit: ok now I've received a msg I can say there's something wrong about it not running in the background, basically every time I swipe the app it's like I go to exit and click it since the app stops running instead of being still on in the background bottom right

Last edited by crowning73; 12/22/2012 at 01:15 PM.
crowning73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0