webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree595Likes

Old 12/12/2012, 04:41 PM   #1081 (permalink)

Was trying to with my Android "home phone". But after deleting the account and reading it, it didn't reverify for some reason, just went straight into the interface. Even tried re-installing WhatsApp completely.

I'll try again since I need to reflash that phone anyways... Skype is running like crap on it.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

Last edited by ToniCipriani; 12/13/2012 at 06:52 AM.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 09:40 PM   #1082 (permalink)

Put another device on this phone number with whatsapp and when I came back again to the Pre3, tried to use the 6 digit code from an iphone and Pre3 has been telling me for the last day that it is a mismatch

When I try to get a code unique for the Pre3 it says Fail--too many tries or something like that, on the iphone it says to come back within a certain period of time but still doesn't work.

Too bad, was a nice service while it lasted.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 06:48 AM   #1083 (permalink)

I checked the WhatsApp changelogs, it seems like this change was in place Nov 28 in version 2.8.8491. So I downgraded my Android back to 2.8.7268, the version before the "registration service change".

WhatsApp Messenger Android Information

Indeed my SMS responses started to become 3-digit again, and I could register my Veer, though I'm working on why I'm getting "login failed" now, tried the 8-character alpha only password and it didn't work, and conveniently I'm starting to get the infamous too recent timeouts again.

So if anyone in the meantime needs help obtaining a code, you can PM me and I can try to request a code for you (please, don't hammer me every 5 mins if I don't get back immediately, I don't carry my Android device with me to work.)

Thanked by jcmarcos, sshaka
Old 12/13/2012, 07:07 AM   #1084 (permalink)

Turns out the Wazapp guys tackled this already, here's the Python code:

https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup/issues/23
https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup/com...143e613bfdb097

**hits self for not paying attention in algorithms class...**

Thanked By: jcmarcos
Old 12/13/2012, 07:17 AM   #1085 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
Problem with Android SMS verification is that Whatsapp starts charging those users for Whatsapp, maybe that is why they changed the 3 digits into 6 digits, while the iPhone Whatsapp (still free) uses still 3 digits like how Mojowhatsup likes them too.

Seems to me, that if the Whatsapp server thinks the request comes from an iPhone, it still sends the 3 digits code... But got to say, no clue if it can be done making the Pre3/Mojowhatsup disguise itself as an iPhone.
Actually to rebut your other point, we do impose as iPhones during logon, and Lumia 800 during registration.

See the User Agent headers:
https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha.../src/Account.h

Old 12/13/2012, 08:05 AM   #1086 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Turns out the Wazapp guys tackled this already
Ouch! That's great research, thankyou Tony! Let's hope Antonio is aware of the problem (he got registered long ago, when the problem didn't exist), and this solution.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 01:21 PM   #1087 (permalink)

EDIT: I forgot Antonio didn't release the code for 1.4.3... the code I was looking is for 1.4.0.

--

I want to have a crack at porting it, but I'm a bit mystified with the code:
  • Found 2 pieces of equivalent code between wazapp and MWU: CodeRequest, RegisterRequest
  • 2 pieces I can't find the equivalents: ExistRequest and ResponseParser
  • My guess is I also need to change the UI code to accept the 6-digit ones, but there's no reference to that in the Python code (or I haven't found it yet)

Hope some wizard can come along and help out... I'll try to dig more.

Last edited by ToniCipriani; 12/13/2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12/13/2012, 06:07 PM   #1088 (permalink)

I installed the 2.8.7268 version of Whatsapp on my X86 Android and managed to register on my Pre3 and Pre+, but login failed on both...just have to wait i guess?

BTW. Using on my Pre3 and Touchpad with same mobile-number is impossible right?
ZeroZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 06:46 PM   #1089 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZorro View Post
I installed the 2.8.7268 version of Whatsapp on my X86 Android and managed to register on my Pre3 and Pre+, but login failed on both...just have to wait i guess?

BTW. Using on my Pre3 and Touchpad with same mobile-number is impossible right?
I don't think you can use duplicate devices. Also seems like the password must be alphabets only.

Old 12/13/2012, 07:24 PM   #1090 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think you can use duplicate devices. Also seems like the password must be alphabets only.
Strange thing is that i managed to register on my Pre3 and Pre+ but login failed. On my Pre3 i registered the same number i have on my Touchpad Whatsapp, accepted and my TP Whatsapp still works.
And i read this forum, so my passwords are 8 characters, alphabets and lower case only
Old 12/13/2012, 08:57 PM   #1091 (permalink)

I just tried on my Veer, got SMS code, lower case 8 alpha password, didn't work. Even tried the reverse IMEI MD5 password, that didn't work either...

Something smells fishy here. Another theory is that they completely turned off the old authentication system. The number I used was authenticated once using the 6-digit system, and somehow it doesn't work backwards with the 3-digit system.

Last edited by ToniCipriani; 12/13/2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12/13/2012, 09:35 PM   #1092 (permalink)

Also this is interesting:

https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup/pull/32

Seems like in the new registration process, the WhatsApp server assigns the password rather than using client supplied ones (IMEI, our own typed ones, etc.)

Old 12/14/2012, 02:13 AM   #1093 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Also this is interesting:

https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup/pull/32

Seems like in the new registration process, the WhatsApp server assigns the password rather than using client supplied ones (IMEI, our own typed ones, etc.)
hhm perhaps they finally get the security holes filled on other platforms where 'passwords' were rather worldwide unique constants then variables.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 02:40 AM   #1094 (permalink)

Quote:
What's that? I admit I stopped lurking at Wazapp long ago, since Antonio got his admirable client working for us.

It turns out that Tarek extracted his network code from Wazapp, and made a standalone project, called "Yowsup", which is brilliant, as it allows anyone with Python knowledge to build his own WhatsApp client!

Then, there's that minimal, command line client, called Yowsup-cli. I'm going to try it on this XP box, but first I have to get an adequate Python runtime environment.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 09:15 AM   #1095 (permalink)

I think that means during the registration process, the server generates a password and sends to the client and use that as authentication as opposed to hashing device IDs. Which also explains why we're getting the login failures, so instead of a free-for-all login after initial SMS, then device provides a password, the server already has a password set that was sent in the confirm.

I might be wrong... so any subject expert please chime in.

Old 12/14/2012, 02:17 PM   #1096 (permalink)

1. Find friend with iPhone
2. Make him put in your cellphone number in his whatsapp and send SMS code to your number/phone/Pre3
3. Fill in SMS code, make up a password preferable 8 letters (no capitals, just low case) and no numbers
4. Register
5. Login

Quote:
All said the pages before already
Hello there!

Is my first post and I have read all the pages before, even before purchasing my second-handed palm pre 2. I sent my sms code request 48 hours ago but it didin´t came. I have a friend with an iPhone but can´t understand this above guide. What is to make my friend put in my cellphone number in his whatsapp and send SMS code to my number? Any screenshots to show it? I´m not sure if it means him to type my number e.g. 123456789 in his whatsapp and send me a message or what.

Thanks for the help and for the support to all "application makers".

Greetings.
Albergar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 03:26 PM   #1097 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albergar View Post
1. Find friend with iPhone
2. Make him put in your cellphone number in his whatsapp and send SMS code to your number/phone/Pre3
3. Fill in SMS code, make up a password preferable 8 letters (no capitals, just low case) and no numbers
4. Register
5. Login

Hello there!

Is my first post and I have read all the pages before, even before purchasing my second-handed palm pre 2. I sent my sms code request 48 hours ago but it didin´t came. I have a friend with an iPhone but can´t understand this above guide. What is to make my friend put in my cellphone number in his whatsapp and send SMS code to my number? Any screenshots to show it? I´m not sure if it means him to type my number e.g. 123456789 in his whatsapp and send me a message or what.

Thanks for the help and for the support to all "application makers".

Greetings.
Give YOUR mobile phone number to your friend (keep your SIM in your own phone). Your friend puts your phone number in whatsapp request for SMS code. The SMS code will then be made by whatsapp servers and send back to YOUR phone number/YOUR sim in YOUR phone.

Then you use that SMS code send in Mojowhatsup on your Palm Pre 2 to register. After registering, login.
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 03:31 PM   #1098 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
Give YOUR mobile phone number to your friend (keep your SIM in your own phone). Your friend puts your phone number in whatsapp request for SMS code. The SMS code will then be made by whatsapp servers and send back to YOUR phone number/YOUR sim in YOUR phone.

Then you use that SMS code send in Mojowhatsup on your Palm Pre 2 to register. After registering, login.
Problem is, when your friend puts in your phone number he will be removed from any existing group he was in and all messages will be deleted. So make a backup of whatsapp on the iphone/android first so it can be restored afterwards? (i am not sure if this works, on android X86 it did using Titanium Backup/restore).

Second: you don't have to try this method right now cause you can't register with 6 digit code and you will have to use an older version of whatsapp ( 2.8.7268) to make register work (3 digit).
And still...you won't be able to login after registering succesfull (yet!).
Old 12/14/2012, 06:14 PM   #1099 (permalink)

Quote:
Problem is, when your friend puts in your phone number he will be removed from any existing group he was in and all messages will be deleted. So make a backup of whatsapp on the iphone/android first so it can be restored afterwards? (i am not sure if this works, on android X86 it did using Titanium Backup/restore).

Second: you don't have to try this method right now cause you can't register with 6 digit code and you will have to use an older version of whatsapp ( 2.8.7268) to make register work (3 digit).
The older version of whatsapp is needed indeed to get the 3 digit code that Mojowhatsup needs and not the new 6 digit one.

Actually the group messages are stored on an iphone, when the number that is attached to those, they will pop up again. The stuff getting deleted was the 1 on 1 chats as far as I know.

But yes, if one can make a backup, that should be best.
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 08:31 PM   #1100 (permalink)

Quote:

Thank you all for the help. I now understand it all, but will wait until this thing about the 6 digit code would be fixed. Now what would be your advice? Maybe to send again de request?

Thanks again.
Albergar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0