webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree508Likes

Old 12/11/2012, 01:16 PM   #1061 (permalink)

@sshaka: Registering a new account within the app isn't working anymore. Did you already try it using the official WhatsApp-Client for iPhone or Android (also possible with BlueStacks Android Emulator)? In most cases this should work. Also keep in mind that you use only letters (No digits!) for your password.
Hope that helps. Cheers
nfsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2012, 01:32 PM   #1062 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsracer View Post
@sshaka: Registering a new account within the app isn't working anymore. Did you already try it using the official WhatsApp-Client for iPhone or Android (also possible with BlueStacks Android Emulator)? In most cases this should work. Also keep in mind that you use only letters (No digits!) for your password.
Hope that helps. Cheers
OK, I'm going to try this!!!

THANKS!!! Real Help is what I need!!!

I tried to register from a Samsung Galaxy S III without success, I don't have an iPhone within reach, but I will change my password!!!

Thanks dude

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Jailbreak / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
sshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2012, 01:45 PM   #1063 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsracer View Post
Registering a new account within the app isn't working anymore. Did you already try it using the official WhatsApp-Client for iPhone or Android (also possible with BlueStacks Android Emulator)? In most cases this should work. Also keep in mind that you use only letters (No digits!) for your password.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
1. Find friend with iPhone.
2. Make him put in your cellphone number in his whatsapp and send SMS code to your number/phone/Pre.
3. Fill in SMS code, make up a password preferable 8 letters (no capitals, just low case) and no numbers.
4. Register.
5. Login.
Please...someone of the administrators or the very same of @amoralico: Update the first post with this info!!!

Thanks at advance!!!

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Jailbreak / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3

Last edited by sshaka; 12/11/2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12/11/2012, 02:40 PM   #1064 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
Too much talk and little help is what I see in recent posts!!!

If you don't want to help: Refrain from commenting!!!

Greetings!!!
Eh no. Not enough reading going on. The last few pages have been about that Whatsapp isn't sending SMS/Voicemail codes out through Mojowhatsup it seems, and it gives a step by step tutorial how to request a code by someone elses whatsapp. As I ran into the exact same problem, I found the trick out myself.

If you don't want to put some effort in looking there though... It gets a bit repetitive to repeat it every single page, no? You're welcome though.

1. Find friend with iPhone
2. Make him put in your cellphone number in his whatsapp and send SMS code to your number/phone/Pre3
3. Fill in SMS code, make up a password preferable 8 letters (no capitals, just low case) and no numbers
4. Register
5. Login

All said the pages before already

EDIT

I see I ran into an old post, and that little tutorial was found by yourself. Good. Hope it works.
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2012, 02:47 PM   #1065 (permalink)

@TheMARTPre3:

Thanks dude, but......did you read ALL the posts too???

I quote that message yours above of your last post!!!

You gotta give me the reason that it's not easily to read hundreds of posts as if I had nothing to do all my day!!!

My regards comrade!!!

Old 12/11/2012, 02:57 PM   #1066 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

anyone could update the FAQ (just create a github account) - add the 5 steps as bug for version 1.4.3 so dev can mark as fixed when done.

Update: ahhh well, did it
https://github.com/amoralico/mojowhatsup/wiki/MojoWhatsup-FAQ

Last edited by gizmo21; 12/11/2012 at 03:07 PM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sshaka likes this.
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 12/11/2012, 03:13 PM   #1067 (permalink)

not working on my pixi plus... any pixiplus user with the app working :s???
collegezombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2012, 03:28 PM   #1068 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
@TheMARTPre3:

Thanks dude, but......did you read ALL the posts too???

I quote that message yours above of your last post!!!

You gotta give me the reason that it's not easily to read hundreds of posts as if I had nothing to do all my day!!!

My regards comrade!!!
Well I always make sure I read the lets say 5 last pages, but yes I think I've read any single page and post when my Mojowhatsup wasn't getting the SMS codes. Then I asked my friend with iphone to request that SMS code. First one gave me the error (it registered fine but login failed), I pm'd the dev of the app in this thread and he requested my error file output after trying to login. He said it was a wrong password/sms code combi, so I just asked my friend to give me a new code and changed up the password.

So yeah... I wasn't on this last page though, the former/53 when I replied to your post so as I said, it was older you found it already. All good in the end, again hope it'll work for you this way. Cheers
Old 12/11/2012, 04:17 PM   #1069 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I always make sure I read the lets say 5 last pages, but yes I think I've read any single page and post when my Mojowhatsup wasn't getting the SMS codes. Then I asked my friend with iphone to request that SMS code. First one gave me the error (it registered fine but login failed), I pm'd the dev of the app in this thread and he requested my error file output after trying to login. He said it was a wrong password/sms code combi, so I just asked my friend to give me a new code and changed up the password.

So yeah... I wasn't on this last page though, the former/53 when I replied to your post so as I said, it was older you found it already. All good in the end, again hope it'll work for you this way. Cheers
OK dude!!! I'll try to get an iPhone to obtain the SMS code!!!
Gizmo has already update your steps into the FAQ web file!!!

Thanks for all!!! When I can access to the app, I'll tell you!!!

Old 12/11/2012, 04:20 PM   #1070 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegezombie View Post
Did you have webOS 2.1.0 or webOS 1.4.5???

For 1.4.5 the app doesn't works!!!
And for 2.1.0, install above the version 1.4.2+!!!

Greetings!!!

Old 12/12/2012, 02:34 AM   #1071 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegezombie View Post
Yes there are pixi users with app working -read this thread and RTTFAQ.
Old 12/12/2012, 04:52 AM   #1072 (permalink)

I don't have an iphone or know any one with one and bluestacks won't install. Any other ideas for getting the sms code? Will using 1.4.1 work to send the sms code? Anyone had any success with that?

Last edited by Age Of The Geek; 12/12/2012 at 04:58 AM.
Age Of The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 07:02 AM   #1073 (permalink)

I'm also having problems getting registered. My Touchpad booted into CM9, the app says "Tablets not supported".
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 07:07 AM   #1074 (permalink)

I might be able to get my cousin who is working in Portugal to do it for me. If only I had an app that I could use to communicate internationally with him...
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 08:28 AM   #1075 (permalink)

Trying to do some troubleshooting with my spare Veer...

WhatsApp seems to have changed up their SMS verification (at least on Android they did), now uses a 6-digit code rather than a 3-digit (in NNN-NNN) format.

It does indeed send a request out and it confirms success, but no SMS is received.

So we probably need to sniff out the Android outbound request, then update it in the API.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 10:00 AM   #1076 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
I'm also having problems getting registered. My Touchpad booted into CM9, the app says "Tablets not supported".
Indeed, the Android whatsapp won't allow you to use it on tablets...

This thread is about Mojowhatsup, which works in WebOS only. Means a HP Pre3 phone (or Veer, Pixi etc) or the Touchpad but booting in WebOS and that ain't CM9!
Old 12/12/2012, 10:04 AM   #1077 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

WhatsApp seems to have changed up their SMS verification (at least on Android they did), now uses a 6-digit code rather than a 3-digit (in NNN-NNN) format.

It does indeed send a request out and it confirms success, but no SMS is received.

So we probably need to sniff out the Android outbound request, then update it in the API.
Problem with Android SMS verification is that Whatsapp starts charging those users for Whatsapp, maybe that is why they changed the 3 digits into 6 digits, while the iPhone Whatsapp (still free) uses still 3 digits like how Mojowhatsup likes them too.

Seems to me, that if the Whatsapp server thinks the request comes from an iPhone, it still sends the 3 digits code... But got to say, no clue if it can be done making the Pre3/Mojowhatsup disguise itself as an iPhone.
Old 12/12/2012, 10:38 AM   #1078 (permalink)

Quote:
Problem with Android SMS verification is that Whatsapp starts charging those users for Whatsapp, maybe that is why they changed the 3 digits into 6 digits, while the iPhone Whatsapp (still free) uses still 3 digits like how Mojowhatsup likes them too.

Seems to me, that if the Whatsapp server thinks the request comes from an iPhone, it still sends the 3 digits code... But got to say, no clue if it can be done making the Pre3/Mojowhatsup disguise itself as an iPhone.
Well actually seems like iPhone switched to 6-digit too, from this screenshot:

WhatsApp FAQ - I am not receiving the SMS activation code to verify my WhatsApp account.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sshaka likes this.
Old 12/12/2012, 02:40 PM   #1079 (permalink)

Quote:
Well actually seems like iPhone switched to 6-digit too, from this screenshot:

WhatsApp FAQ - I am not receiving the SMS activation code to verify my WhatsApp account.

Click to view quoted image
mmhhh what if you try an older version of whatsapp?

My friend that requested my code had a jailbroken iPhone 3G on 3.x and couldn't run the newest whatsapp, he used an older version downloaded by install0us
Old 12/12/2012, 03:14 PM   #1080 (permalink)

Quote:

So everyone who got the activation code just a few days via Android or iOS (me included ) can be very thankful
nfsracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0