webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree511Likes

Old 12/03/2012, 02:27 AM   #1021 (permalink)

I also got an idea for an improvement. I configured the excellent Google Maps app from 72ka as the default app for mapping, but if I try to open the location sent by someone through whatsapp nothing happens... Don't know If this is a bug or If it isn't fully supported in this version.
I am using version 1.4.3 (latest) on Pixi+ WebOS 2.1
nfsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 03:09 AM   #1022 (permalink)

Not sure what this news will mean to this app.

Code:
http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/02/whats-up-with-whatsapp-facebook-might-want-to-buy-it-thats-what/
TUFF Stough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 05:30 AM   #1023 (permalink)

Hi Amor

I use your fantastic app with my pre 3 installed 1 month ag˛ , but I have a problem with my pre 2 and touchpad(different phone number of course).
I don't receive the sms code or the call phone .. so I have tried to use "Bluestack" on Pc to receive the code and I received it .. then I have registered the account with my pre 2 and the sms code received and works (password 6 letters and 2 number) but when I try to login ... I receive an error message "login error"
Can you please suggest me (and a lot of many users .. I suppose) how we can fix it.

thanks in advance from Italy ...

I love webOS ...
lz1h38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 06:39 AM   #1024 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsracer View Post
I also got an idea for an improvement. I configured the excellent Google Maps app from 72ka as the default app for mapping, but if I try to open the location sent by someone through whatsapp nothing happens... Don't know If this is a bug or If it isn't fully supported in this version.
I am using version 1.4.3 (latest) on Pixi+ WebOS 2.1
ah oh well you are using webOS 2.1 which seems not to work with my hack:
New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

It is also posted at the end of my hack-posting: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3363149

Sorry no way to open googlemaps for webOS 2.1 with this small hack atm.

Last edited by gizmo21; 12/03/2012 at 09:33 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jcmarcos
Old 12/03/2012, 08:25 AM   #1025 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lz1h38 View Post
Hi Amor

I use your fantastic app with my pre 3 installed 1 month ag˛ , but I have a problem with my pre 2 and touchpad(different phone number of course).
I don't receive the sms code or the call phone .. so I have tried to use "Bluestack" on Pc to receive the code and I received it .. then I have registered the account with my pre 2 and the sms code received and works (password 6 letters and 2 number) but when I try to login ... I receive an error message "login error"
Can you please suggest me (and a lot of many users .. I suppose) how we can fix it.

thanks in advance from Italy ...

I love webOS ...
I used a 6 letter and 2 number password first time, it failed.

I used an 8 letter (no numbers, all low case no capitals) with a new SMS code 2nd time, it worked.

Note: I got both codes through a friend with an iPhone requesting the code for me.
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 09:52 AM   #1026 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
Not sure what this news will mean to this app.

Code:
http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/02/whats-up-with-whatsapp-facebook-might-want-to-buy-it-thats-what/
If WhatsApp gets merged with Failbook Chat, it's done for me... I'm going back to Google Talk only.

I refuse to have anything to do with that company.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by barryb20 and Alibamboo like this.
Old 12/03/2012, 12:49 PM   #1027 (permalink)

Anyone know how to change the password? It's all working fine but I want to change the password. What should I do?
Age Of The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 05:59 AM   #1028 (permalink)

I register sms code successfull but can not login.
I use iphone to register sms code.register it on palm pixi plus successful,but can not login. why?
tranpqvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 06:46 AM   #1029 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranpqvu View Post
I register sms code successfull but can not login.
I use iphone to register sms code.register it on palm pixi plus successful,but can not login. why?
If your Pixi Plus is on 1.4.5 it doesn't work.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Old 12/04/2012, 10:46 AM   #1030 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
If WhatsApp gets merged with Failbook Chat, it's done for me... I'm going back to Google Talk only.

I refuse to have anything to do with that company.
Probably won't happen. News is just out that Facebook changes their own Android app so it won't need a FB login, just a cell phone number like how whatsapp works.

They're probably trying to compete with whatsapp
Old 12/04/2012, 12:41 PM   #1031 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
Probably won't happen. News is just out that Facebook changes their own Android app so it won't need a FB login, just a cell phone number like how whatsapp works.

They're probably trying to compete with whatsapp
Good. I don't know anyone who uses Failbook Chat and I doubt those who already paid for Whatsapp will switch. I guess I should be fine then. :P
Old 12/04/2012, 05:52 PM   #1033 (permalink)

Quote:
If your Pixi Plus is on 1.4.5 it doesn't work.
My Pixi Plus is on 2.1, i register success but can not login.
Old 12/05/2012, 02:24 AM   #1034 (permalink)

i don't get the sms code D:, ive waited for like an hour!!! seriously . . . hope it works. . .
Mau Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 10:19 AM   #1035 (permalink)

i can't get my SMS code , what can i do?
Mau Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 10:57 AM   #1036 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau Rodriguez View Post
Hello Mau, I hope you haven't used that photo to get our attention...

The registration process has always been a delicate one. I strongly suggest you to painfully read posts from last few days (yes, they are quite some, but there's a lot of information there).

I've never suffered registration or login problems, but that was back with older versions of the WhatsApp service (not our lovely application, but their hateful service). From what I recall, some people have had to wait many hours to get that SMS with the code. Then, it now always works, and some people use friend's an ordinary phone to request the code.

I really hope I'm not raising confusion here, I'm just trying to summarize a problem that otthers suffer but NOT me!

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 12/05/2012, 11:27 AM   #1037 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranpqvu View Post
My Pixi Plus is on 2.1, i register success but can not login.
Ah, re-read what you said, 1.3 is not supposed to work. You need at least 1.4.2.
Old 12/05/2012, 06:33 PM   #1038 (permalink)

Quote:
Ah, re-read what you said, 1.3 is not supposed to work. You need at least 1.4.2.
i don't say i use version 1.3. now i use 1.4.3 but error for me to login,although i register code success.
Old 12/06/2012, 05:13 AM   #1039 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau Rodriguez View Post
1. Find friend with iPhone
2. Make him put in your cellphone number in his whatsapp and send SMS code to your number/phone/Pre3
3. Fill in SMS code, make up a password preferable 8 letters (no capitals, just low case) and no numbers
4. Register
5. Login

All said the pages before already
Liked by jcmarcos likes this.
Thanked by jcmarcos, sshaka
Old 12/06/2012, 08:11 AM   #1040 (permalink)

Seems that the whatsapp guys are fooling around again. I can't log in since 10 min ago. It simply stopped working while I was chatting.

Don't they have an operational freeze in December?
iulian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0