webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree516Likes

Old 11/29/2012, 10:39 AM   #1001 (permalink)

@ jcmarcos: Yes thats possible...

@ amoralico: Is there any chance to mute "special" Chatgroups? Original Whatsapp have this option.
ChrisTucker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2012, 11:53 AM   #1002 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Just a note to the security of original whatsapp clients. With the latest update the sending of messages via a open wifi is more secure because of ssl-transport but acoounts with other mobile OS can still be overtaken:
Erneut Account-Klau bei WhatsApp möglich | heise online

The problem is still the unchanged IMEI/MAC as 'password' mechanism, which not present with our Mojowhatsup cause of own given password
Seems Whatsapp still does not really care about security.

That's why i would like to request an option that statuses are not automatically at start are polled from all contacts (having whatsapp or not). With this option not all these numbers (business contacts, very private numbers) would get pushed to whatsapp servers and I would only get a status from a contact i know from it is on whatsapp. Could be a bit like it was before the auto status update feature was implemented.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 01:16 AM   #1003 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTucker2004 View Post
Is there any chance to mute "special" Chatgroups?
I have another, easy, suggestion related to groups:

Could you please put the phone number AND user name in the member list, for those who are not in the contacts database?

See, I'm part of a group with some people I don't have in the contact database. And I can't add them as such, because the chat list shows just their user name, but the member list just their phone numbers, there's no way to relate both.

They've told me official WhatsApp clients have it already.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 10:44 AM   #1004 (permalink)

One thing (out of the blue, but...); My contacts have been sending me some "Hey, we are WhatsApp representative and if you don't resend this message to X contacts of you, then your account could be permanently erased" and "if you don't resend...blablabla...WhatsApp service will cost $X".
I never pay any attention to this kinds of messages, but I just wanted to be sure. Any one have a response to put a stop to this?
Thank you very much in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

P.S.: Amoralico for president-e!!!
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 05:46 PM   #1005 (permalink)

Hi, i install version 1.3 success with my palm pixi plus. When i register sms code, i receive a message " successfull sent 60..." but i wait two day, i dit not receive anything of sms code. Why?
tranpqvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 03:24 AM   #1006 (permalink)

when I change the numbers of my contacts or erase one , whatsup will NOT adopt them ! ._.

please fix this broo (:
YoWhatsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 10:56 AM   #1007 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranpqvu View Post
Hi, i install version 1.3 success with my palm pixi plus. When i register sms code, i receive a message " successfull sent 60..." but i wait two day, i dit not receive anything of sms code. Why?
Read up a bit on the last couple of pages in this forum.

I didn't receive the code either, like others. It seems something has changed in the request for a new code at Whatsapp servers side or something.

I have a friend with an iPhone, he requested a code to whatsapp on his iPhone but used my cell phone number. The requested code got send to my Pre3. I filled in this code in Mojowhatsup and used a password of 8 letters in low case (no capitals, no digits).

This is confirmed to work, I am using Mojowhatsup now for some days
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 02:24 PM   #1008 (permalink)

I have great news for all Pixi users and members living in Germany.
I have got the current version 1.4.3 working fine on my Pixi Plus running WebOS 2.1 (this is needed I think). I also had trouble requesting the activation code within the app, so I used BlueStacks Android Emulator and the official WhatsApp Client for Android and I it did the job quite well, so I finally got all working here in Germany.
I use a passwort which doesn't have 8 digits and It also works.
I have tested the app for 2 days now and everything is working. I talked to Meego, Android and iPhone users without any problems.
There is only one bug: Emoticons are not displayed in the text box, but they appear after sending.
Have fun and a huge THANKS to the creator of this amazing app.
nfsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sshaka and jcmarcos like this.
Thanked by sshaka, tranpqvu
Old 12/01/2012, 04:49 PM   #1009 (permalink)

just thought of this: set message as current playing song. not a request, just an idea that i decided to throw here
jetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 07:33 PM   #1010 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boy View Post
Yes. with fresh code from other phone, with new password 8 low case letters (no digits/number). still got the "logon failed".

I believe it's caused by new version of whatsapp official client.

thanks anyway
ok. tried again today.
Get the fresh code use bluestacks. register and logon with 8 digits password success.
It works today.
Old 12/02/2012, 09:31 AM   #1011 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boy View Post
ok. tried again today.
Get the fresh code use bluestacks. register and logon with 8 digits password success.
It works today.
I tried but it was not woked
I get code use bluestacks on windows. Register with 8 digits password
Mojo say that

login=(my phone number)
status= missmatch
result= me=(my phone number)
code=(my code number)

When I login Mojo say that

Login fail

Sombody help me please.
I using HP Veer 4g webOS 2.1.2 and I come from Vietnam
dungnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2012, 09:46 AM   #1012 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungnd View Post
I tried but it was not woked
I get code use bluestacks on windows. Register with 8 digits password
Mojo say that

login=(my phone number)
status= missmatch
result= me=(my phone number)
code=(my code number)

When I login Mojo say that

Login fail

Sombody help me please.
I using HP Veer 4g webOS 2.1.2 and I come from Vietnam
DON'T USE numbers, use letters from a to z

First time I tried with digits in my password and it failed. Second time I used 8 letters no capitals either and it worked (with a newly requested SMS code by a friend on an iPhone).

BTW you say the login fail, but the status above is that from registering? The status = missmatch thing is from registering?

If that fails, you obviously can't login. Maybe try to find a friend with an iPhone to request a SMS code for you?
Thanked By: dungnd
Old 12/02/2012, 10:00 AM   #1013 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
DON'T USE numbers, use letters from a to z

First time I tried with digits in my password and it failed. Second time I used 8 letters no capitals either and it worked (with a newly requested SMS code by a friend on an iPhone).

BTW you say the login fail, but the status above is that from registering? The status = missmatch thing is from registering?

If that fails, you obviously can't login. Maybe try to find a friend with an iPhone to request a SMS code for you?
I got the same problem. Got a new sms code using Bluestacks on Windows -> SMS arrived on my HP Veer.
Registering works fine, status "new"

But still "login failed"...

I used an 8 letters no capitals password.

Cheers
memo6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2012, 10:37 AM   #1014 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo6152 View Post
I got the same problem. Got a new sms code using Bluestacks on Windows -> SMS arrived on my HP Veer.
Registering works fine, status "new"

But still "login failed"...

I used an 8 letters no capitals password.

Cheers
If you got a friend with an iPhone, try to let him generate a code, that worked for me.
Old 12/02/2012, 11:27 AM   #1015 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Unless they've changed things up, code registration is completely independent of setting the password/IMEI/etc

I could send a code request for you, from here, just knowing your number.
Actually, they did change the registration system with the transition to protocol v2, so the registration is not independent anymore.

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
isagar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2012, 02:15 PM   #1016 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
Actually, they did change the registration system with the transition to protocol v2, so the registration is not independent anymore.
You mean requesting the SMS code on one phone/system (like on iPhone/iOS) and then use that code to register on another device like the Pre3 in Mojowhatsup couldn't work because of the registration not being independent anymore?

When did that happen? I registered with a code requested on an iPhone the Pre3 Mojowhatsup just some days ago.
Old 12/02/2012, 04:17 PM   #1017 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
I was still able to request new codes after the change broke everything else for me. . . . i also don't think i've seen any changes in the other programs that support registration code either.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2012, 04:34 PM   #1018 (permalink)

I have to say, it just doesn't seem worth all this trouble, when there are other free chat services. Just my opinion, which is worth no more than anyone else's.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2012, 04:46 PM   #1019 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I have to say, it just doesn't seem worth all this trouble, when there are other free chat services. Just my opinion, which is worth no more than anyone else's.
It is totally worth all the trouble. Like everyone and their dog that I know uses Whatsapp. If I use another free chat service, I have to convince them all to get that other chat service as well? LOL

Because of Mojowhatsup I finally could put my iPhone 3G into retirement and start use the Pre3, and be able to send messages on whatsapp to all my contacts.

If one has no friends, or just one, what you say might be not that hard. With a reasonable friendlist of people that all use Whatsapp, it is a must.
Old 12/02/2012, 06:07 PM   #1020 (permalink)

First of all: Really, really great work!

I have a suggestion: I have my contacts sorted by lastname for a better overview. It would be really great if WhatsUp would have the same option.

I hope you take this in consideration.

Thank you in advance!
KRKnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0