webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree496Likes

Old 11/20/2012, 05:37 PM   #961 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjd View Post
Same for me, I've successfully configured 2 devices a few weeks back (a Pre2 and a Pre3), but can't get a SMS code for yet another device (Pre3) I want to register. Seems as Whatsapp has again changed something.

Also a friend of mine told that he had to pay for the activation using an android device with the official Whatsapp.

BR
nkjd
I am also unable to log in on Pixi running WebOS 2.1. App works fine but i got no activation key here inn germany (i wait for 4 days now)...
I am also curious about the future of unofficial WA-Clients with the new payment restrictions.
nfsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 09:34 PM   #962 (permalink)

Pre3, 1.4.3 WhatsUp. It works for days after 1.4.3. But it sign out automatically today.

And, now, I cannot get the register code via SMS or Call. It reports "fail-too-many".

The offical client on BlackBerry works fine. Another change on Whatsapp side?
Old 11/21/2012, 05:47 AM   #963 (permalink)

So is it really possible to get a SMS code from a friends iPhone (he registers filling in my cell phone number) and use it on the Pre3 in Mojowhatsup?

Or will the code be linked to the MAC address of the iPhone and will it conflict when I register Mojowhatsup on my Pre3 with that iPhone code (connected to my friends iPhones MAC address) ?
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 06:51 AM   #964 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
So is it really possible to get a SMS code from a friends iPhone (he registers filling in my cell phone number) and use it on the Pre3 in Mojowhatsup?

Or will the code be linked to the MAC address of the iPhone and will it conflict when I register Mojowhatsup on my Pre3 with that iPhone code (connected to my friends iPhones MAC address) ?
Maybe it is possible, as long as you don't register in the other device. But I don't know.
You can try and tell us. It could be a very good solution for those who can't get the code.
¿Anyone else has tried this?

By the way. Since yesterday I can't receive the activation code.
Old 11/21/2012, 08:06 AM   #965 (permalink)

Still working fine as of 9:30PM EST last night... Tried logging in just now and it seems fine.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 09:31 AM   #966 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
Maybe it is possible, as long as you don't register in the other device. But I don't know.
You can try and tell us. It could be a very good solution for those who can't get the code.
¿Anyone else has tried this?

By the way. Since yesterday I can't receive the activation code.
I am going to try it tonight, bit afraid it'll ban whatsapp on my own iPhone with trying to register on the Pre3, if the Pre3 then gives an error got no whatsapp access at all anymore.

But hey, no guts, no glory. I will report back tonight after I received the SMS code by my friends action on his iPhone.
Old 11/21/2012, 10:29 AM   #967 (permalink)

Quote:
I am going to try it tonight, bit afraid it'll ban whatsapp on my own iPhone with trying to register on the Pre3, if the Pre3 then gives an error got no whatsapp access at all anymore.

But hey, no guts, no glory. I will report back tonight after I received the SMS code by my friends action on his iPhone.
Update: my friend used my phone number on his iPhone, it generated a code that I got in a SMS.

Registering the device now worked, it said

Status = ok

Login though now gives

Error

Login failed

Any ideas how to take this to make it work?
Old 11/21/2012, 10:44 AM   #968 (permalink)

Quote:
Any ideas how to take this to make it work?
Please, could you send me (by e-mail or private message) the /var/log/messages generated just after log in?
Old 11/21/2012, 11:17 AM   #969 (permalink)

Quote:
Please, could you send me (by e-mail or private message) the /var/log/messages generated just after log in?
Done! Hope there is something to fix :-)

Thanks in advance
Old 11/22/2012, 12:14 AM   #970 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

just wanted to say, my service is still running good.
i'm still on 1.4.1 and i updated always straight before (without Login on other OS or uninstall). Ok 1.4.1 still has some history bugs, but for me no bugging plugin error so far. i'm rather that "never change a running system" guy. no hardcore WA User though.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 08:20 PM   #971 (permalink)

I can use my jail-broken ipad whatsapp (installed with "whatspad") to request for activation code. The code was working fine with mojowhatsup.
spbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 01:58 AM   #972 (permalink)

I have install V1.4.3 and can not get SMS code as well.
I have try to use last SMS code I got (When using V1.4.2) and it works!! I can receive and send message without any problem.
kohkk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 03:31 AM   #973 (permalink)

I never tried to reregister my account. Registered it with mwa 1.0.0 it works like charm...
I used the sms-code i got from wa for my pre3 on my tp and both devices still working!

I installed the new versions without uninstalling the older ones. mwa automatically logged me in without problems.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
figgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 04:01 AM   #974 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbb View Post
I can use my jail-broken ipad whatsapp (installed with "whatspad") to request for activation code. The code was working fine with mojowhatsup.
Besides registering, logging in works too?
Old 11/23/2012, 05:48 AM   #975 (permalink)

I am now using a Lumia 800 and can not login with my phone number. I think I first have to delete the account from my pre3. It is not enough to delete the app. Is there a possibility to delete the account?
inshinterland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 06:24 AM   #976 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inshinterland View Post
I am now using a Lumia 800 and can not login with my phone number. I think I first have to delete the account from my pre3. It is not enough to delete the app. Is there a possibility to delete the account?
I'm working on that. It will be included in the next version.

Edit: I'm also working on the possibility of extending one year of service by means of the Whatsapp payment method.

Last edited by amoralico; 11/23/2012 at 06:32 AM.
amoralico is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jcmarcos likes this.
Thanked By: jcmarcos
Old 11/23/2012, 07:00 AM   #977 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inshinterland View Post
I am now using a Lumia 800
Went to the dark side! ;-)

Quote:
Quote:
and can not login with my phone number. I think I first have to delete the account from my pre3. It is not enough to delete the app. Is there a possibility to delete the account?
That'll be a great addition! Do official clients even have that function?

Quote:
I'm also working on the possibility of extending one year of service by means of the Whatsapp payment method.
OMFG! How on earth will you be able to do that!? Something as serious as a payment is documented or hackable?

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 07:21 AM   #978 (permalink)

Quote:

Edit: I'm also working on the possibility of extending one year of service by means of the Whatsapp payment method.
Did the messages from the login error on my Pre3 that I PM'd to you as requested make any sense why my device isn't logging in after a successful register Amoralico? Or is that something you have to put in a fix for the next version of Mojowhatsup too?
Old 11/23/2012, 01:35 PM   #979 (permalink)

hello,

I'm from Germany and I have a problem.

I give the following one:

cc: 49
Number: 177xxxxx without 0
Username: my name
passwort: xxxx

version 1.4.3
HP VEER

Unfortunately, I never get a registration sms.

What can I do?

Thanks for Help

Last edited by Chris Tian; 11/23/2012 at 02:12 PM.
Chris Tian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 02:23 PM   #980 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Tian View Post
hello,

I'm from Germany and I have a problem.

I give the following one:

cc: 49
Number: 177xxxxx without 0
Username: my name
passwort: xxxx

version 1.4.3
HP VEER

Unfortunately, I never get a registration sms.

What can I do?

Thanks for Help
It's the same for me.
nfsracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0