webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree511Likes

Old 11/19/2012, 11:42 AM   #941 (permalink)

Not sure if this is a bug or something...

I added a new contact "Uncle (something)", but in the refreshed contact it drops the word "Uncle".

And it's only that word it seems...

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 01:08 PM   #942 (permalink)

Think I'll give up. Getting no confirmation SMS or Voicecall whatever I try.

Sigh. Was hoping for Whatsapp on Pre3 to finally get rid of my iPhone 3G...
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sshaka likes this.
Old 11/19/2012, 03:13 PM   #943 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Code:
target: "maploc:" + msg.latitude + "," + msg.longitude

to
Code:

target: "mapto:" + msg.latitude + "," + msg.longitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
Hello,

Does that work for the Palm Pre 2 as well? I think it runs on 2.2.4...

Kind regards

Fred
Yes it does, screenshots were shot on pre2
Old 11/19/2012, 11:10 PM   #944 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
Hi,

Have you tried to send a SMS to yourself? Does it work?

Best regards

Fred
Is that supposed to fix something?

It did nothing I still have the SAME issues.. Whatsapp does not open and no SMS arrive not even from myself...

PLEASE HELP!!!
katkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 11:31 PM   #945 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkiller View Post
i am having 2 problems:
1: The app won't start it just leaves a gray card in front. ( i used to have it and worked great before) and i am already registered, there is no message and nothing shown only a grey card...
2: When i have it installed (not only opened, as long as it is installed) i am not able to receive any sms, i can send them and people will get it, but when someone sends one to me, i get nothing. I tried uninstalling it and sms arrive normally reinstall it and they stop coming..

Please help!!
will anyone please help me!!! Please I need advice!!
Attached Images
File Type: png mojowhatsup_2012-15-11_183809.png (9.5 KB, 29 views) Email Attachment
katkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 02:27 AM   #946 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkiller View Post
will anyone please help me!!! Please I need advice!!
Hi,
Please, could you send me (by e-mail) the /var/log/messages file generated just after opening the app?
Old 11/20/2012, 05:54 AM   #947 (permalink)

@ Amoralico

First let me say it is impressive what you build as a homebrew Whatsapp client. Keep up the good work!

Do you know though, if the inquiry of the confirmation code through SMS or Voicemail has changed at the end of the Whatsapp dev? I just don't get the code, nor the voicemail and I am 100% I have the right country code and right mobile number (which is receiving normal text messages) but I don't get the confirmation code...

Got any clues how that is possible?
Old 11/20/2012, 06:58 AM   #948 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
@ Amoralico

First let me say it is impressive what you build as a homebrew Whatsapp client. Keep up the good work!

Do you know though, if the inquiry of the confirmation code through SMS or Voicemail has changed at the end of the Whatsapp dev? I just don't get the code, nor the voicemail and I am 100% I have the right country code and right mobile number (which is receiving normal text messages) but I don't get the confirmation code...

Got any clues how that is possible?
Same for me, I've successfully configured 2 devices a few weeks back (a Pre2 and a Pre3), but can't get a SMS code for yet another device (Pre3) I want to register. Seems as Whatsapp has again changed something.

Also a friend of mine told that he had to pay for the activation using an android device with the official Whatsapp.

BR
nkjd
nkjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 07:03 AM   #949 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjd View Post
Same for me, I've successfully configured 2 devices a few weeks back (a Pre2 and a Pre3), but can't get a SMS code for yet another device (Pre3) I want to register. Seems as Whatsapp has again changed something.

Also a friend of mine told that he had to pay for the activation using an android device with the official Whatsapp.

BR
nkjd
If you have a friend with an iPhone, log on once using it then re-register on the original phone, it'll extend it. That's how the Android guys extend theirs.
Old 11/20/2012, 07:07 AM   #950 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
If you have a friend with an iPhone, log on once using it then re-register on the original phone, it'll extend it. That's how the Android guys extend theirs.
I have an iPhone, which I have whatsapp on running. I got no way how to get a new code though. I deleted whatsapp on the iPhone, reinstalled but it autoconnects without anyway to request a new confirmation code...

If that only worked...
Old 11/20/2012, 07:53 AM   #951 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

New clouds arriving on the whatsup horizon? Seems that some droid users are asked to pay a fee of 0,99$ per year for WA usage (and i'm not talking about the hoaxes from beginning of the year):
WhatsApp stopft Sicherheitsloch

WhatsApp wird anscheinend kostenpflichtig. Gut so! | GIZMODO DEGIZMODO DE

Sorry only german sources, but it is also mentioned on the WA homepage (but for now the free period did not expire):
WhatsApp for Android
WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Seems now some users are getting no more free extra period.

So we'll see how that will be possible with an unofficial client
Old 11/20/2012, 08:39 AM   #952 (permalink)

Does anybody know if there will be a version that will work on the Pixi? Thanks in advance
HondaPixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 09:32 AM   #953 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Seems that some droid users are asked to pay a fee of 0,99$ per year for WA usage.
Indeed, that is a big question. They are asking a ridiculous tiny fee, because they are very scared to see users flee off because of having to pay (yes, people expect everything is free in this world).

I think this could be the definitive end for unofficial clients, as service would be tied to a payment, and that can't be hacked.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 11:41 AM   #954 (permalink)

Please Help
Hi since the last update I can no longer log in now what can I do?
AZE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 12:45 PM   #955 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPixi View Post
Does anybody know if there will be a version that will work on the Pixi? Thanks in advance
Read FAQ.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 12:46 PM   #956 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZE33 View Post
Please Help
Hi since the last update I can no longer log in now what can I do?
Read FAQ and after that try again and after that send detailed report what is not working and send logfile.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 01:03 PM   #957 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
New clouds arriving on the whatsup horizon? Seems that some droid users are asked to pay a fee of 0,99$ per year for WA usage (and i'm not talking about the hoaxes from beginning of the year):
WhatsApp stopft Sicherheitsloch

WhatsApp wird anscheinend kostenpflichtig. Gut so! | GIZMODO DEGIZMODO DE

Sorry only german sources, but it is also mentioned on the WA homepage (but for now the free period did not expire):
WhatsApp for Android
WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Seems now some users are getting no more free extra period.

They always charged for the subscription fee.

iPhone app was a one-time fee because Apple doesn't allow in app subscriptions (I think). On other platforms app was free but only on a 1-year trial basis.

Hence some people found out all you need to do is find an iPhone, log on once and it'll fool the system to give you a 10 year subscription license.
Old 11/20/2012, 02:20 PM   #958 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
They always charged for the subscription fee.

iPhone app was a one-time fee because Apple doesn't allow in app subscriptions (I think). On other platforms app was free but only on a 1-year trial basis.

Hence some people found out all you need to do is find an iPhone, log on once and it'll fool the system to give you a 10 year subscription license.
Well, regarding to Heise's article mentioned by gizmo21 Android users were told that they will have to pay after one year of usage, but Whatsapp had little action followed. Only recently some users have been asked to pay.

This article also mentions an unofficial web client for Whatsapp: WhatsApp Web Client
Old 11/20/2012, 02:51 PM   #959 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
Well, regarding to Heise's article mentioned by gizmo21 Android users were told that they will have to pay after one year of usage, but Whatsapp had little action followed. Only recently some users have been asked to pay.

This article also mentions an unofficial web client for Whatsapp: WhatsApp Web Client
That unofficial web client seems down too atm
Old 11/20/2012, 03:30 PM   #960 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
That unofficial web client seems down too atm
Yeah because that client uses the pre 1.2 WhatsAPI code.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0