webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
  Reply
Like Tree511Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11/16/2012, 12:39 AM   #921 (permalink)
Member
 
BlueRQ's Avatar
 
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGan View Post
First of all thanks for your continuing effort! I'm so happy about that WhatsApp Client !
It works like a charm on my veer.

Yet I have problems on my TouchPad to login.
Since I installed as first version 1.4.0 and upgraded, I could SMS register but never successfully login (different mobile number then on my veer - so its a new account)

Anyone else with this problem? As my account on my veer was created way before the switch to protocol 1.2 - I assume this is why the login in works. But on the TouchPad it constantly fails.

Someone successfully created a new account with 1.4.1 or later and successfully logged in?
Maybe on a TouchPad?

Do I need for every attempted to login an new registration SMS maybe?

Thanks a lot in advance!
thanks amoralico!

i have the same problem, in my HP Pre3 i've registered in a previous versión, and i still log in with the same sms code... but when i try to register a new phone in my HP Veer i does not receive the message... until i tries yesterday... i get the message and also i get the voice registration, i entered the last i received (voice) and succesfully registered, but now i ca not log in, and i've tried many times... so i try to re register, and i got a message saying mismatch, but the number are the same.... i don't know what to do... or should i wait like a week or so... ?

also i have two suggestions

-card per conversation using tap and hold like in the "advanced system behavior" patch for the messaging and email apps by sconix

- in mexico we use the phone number of 10 digit for national calls, (555) 111-1111 , but for some stupid reason you have to add a number if you use a cellphone and you call to it from a different country CC-X -(555)111-1111, where CC is county code, X is the aditional number wich is a 1..... so i have to manually add the numer 1 to all my contacts in order to send them a message, because if i send them without the 1, the message is never sent.... the suggestion and request is: can you add an option in preferences to numbers to my contacts pones so if i have +52 (555) 111-1111 the number will be +52 X (555) 111-1111 for a number of 10 digits.... so if i have already the country code for another phone of a friend in another country, it will not add the X numbers... hope i explain myself....


RQ
__________________
webOS [[[ ]

Last edited by BlueRQ; 11/16/2012 at 12:53 AM.
BlueRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 11/17/2012, 09:40 AM   #922 (permalink)
Member
 
ajguns's Avatar
 
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
As it seems to be a more difficult task to register google maps for maploc-protocol that is used by Mojowhatsup (standard-conform!), i came up with a hack that works at least on 2.2.4:

you can change the line in the /app/models/media.js from

Code:
target: "maploc:" + msg.latitude + "," + msg.longitude
to
Code:
target: "mapto:" + msg.latitude + "," + msg.longitude
(also see: https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...s/media.js#L72
)

Usually it's not correct to send LOC parameters with ADR function, but Jans google maps app just takes the parameter and displays it in it's search field - just press return and it will go to that location

Click to view quoted image


amoralico i'm not suggesting doing this in your sourcecode cause your way is the correct one. But perhaps one or the other likes to have the location opend by google maps. I can not guarantee it works on other OS versions than 2.2.4 - infact 2.1 does not seeem to work this way:
I did this and it didn't worked for me (HP Pre ³ 2.24). It always displays Bing maps.
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 12:06 PM   #923 (permalink)
Member
 
xanuk's Avatar
 
Posts: 61
Ajguns, you have to change the standard app in the device settings and there in the upper left standard apps, change maps to google maps.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
xanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 12:08 PM   #924 (permalink)
Member
 
xanuk's Avatar
 
Posts: 61
And you have to terminate MWU once to let the changes take place.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
xanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 02:07 PM   #925 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 3
After Mojowhatsapp stopped working for me i got an Android phone, but now i cant even use the original Whatsapp. Can't even sign up.

It says: 'Connection failed! Please reverify your number. WhatsApp can only be installed on one device per phone number.'

I unistalled Mojowhatsapp from my Pre3

Can't use my pre 3 anymore, because i got mircro sim now. It's still the same simcard/number
Any ides? How to get the normal Whatsapp to run on my new phone?
LTeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 03:14 PM   #926 (permalink)
Member
 
uack's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTeee View Post
After Mojowhatsapp stopped working for me i got an Android phone, but now i cant even use the original Whatsapp. Can't even sign up.

It says: 'Connection failed! Please reverify your number. WhatsApp can only be installed on one device per phone number.'

I unistalled Mojowhatsapp from my Pre3

Can't use my pre 3 anymore, because i got mircro sim now. It's still the same simcard/number
Any ides? How to get the normal Whatsapp to run on my new phone?
Same problem here, any help?
uack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 04:12 PM   #927 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 7
Hi again,

because I did not get WhatsApp running on my HP Veer (webOS 2.1.1) I tried to get my SIM working in my Symbian-phone. Registering with whatsapp works fine, but then it could not do the first initialize... now put the SIM-card back in my Veer, tried to register -> "failed-too-many". So I send an email to the WhatsApp-Support to get my number unblocked.

1) Registered my SIM on my Symbian-phone
2) Registered my SIM on my Veer -> Status OK
-> 3) Login "failure"

Probably the inital registering on the other phone causes the problems on my veer?! I don't get it anyhow. Probably WhatsApp is not setting the new password from the veer?

So now I have got two ideas what could cause the login-failure on my Veer:
- WhatsApp-server problem, probably not resetting the password correctly!?

- Probably there is a incompatibility of MojoWhatsup with some installed patches from Preware?

Here's my patches list:

# Ad Blocker - Jason Robitaille
# Advanced System Behavior - sconix
# Advanced System Menus - Device Menu - sconix
# Advanced System Menus - Framework - sconix
# Advanced System Menus - Today Menu - sconix
# Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs - sconix
# Advanced System Prefs - Framework - sconix
# Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs - sconix
# Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs - sconix
# Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs - sconix
# Character Counter - malpha, HattCzech, honcc
# Disable Light Sensitive Dimming - errade, nightburn
# Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness - mau
# Just Charge By Default - Jason Robitaille
# No Auto Refresh After Idle - MetaView
# No Autodial from Call Log - malpha, xanthinealkaloid
# No Missed Call Callback - malpha, xanthinealkaloid
# Reverse number lookup GERMAN - Marcel Meissel
# Send All Contacts via Email - bsiegle, Dick99999
# UberCalendar - MetaView
# Video Downloads - Jason Robitaille

Someone an idea which one could cause a problem with MojoWhatsup?

Cheers
memo6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 11:04 AM   #928 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 81
I downloaded the newest IPK to my Pre3, filled in the right countrycode, filled in the mobile number. Everything is correct, clicked send SMS code an hour ago, but still haven't received a code.

Are there any other people where it took real long before the code was received?
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 11:23 AM   #929 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
I got a success message when I clicked on 'Get SMS Code'. But I have not received any SMS as yet, even after having waited a long time. Now when I try 'Get SMS Code' again, I get the following message:
status = fail-too-recent
result = 160 <- This number keeps changing randomly each time I try again.

Any ideas?
having same issue... please help. i tried several times but not getting the code.
kunalnawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 11:45 AM   #930 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalnawal View Post
having same issue... please help. i tried several times but not getting the code.
Well the 'too recent' code is popping up when you tap the send SMS code too short after eachother.

It all starts with the code not arriving though. I have also tried the 'get voice code' but no luck either.

BTW I am from the Netherlands. I saw some Mexicans having strange problems too, they had to add an extra 1 or something to their phonenumber?

Is there any specific problem maybe for specific country codes? Mine is normally 0031, but in this app only can fill in 31, and then the 0 after it gets automatically deleted by Mojowhatsup which is normal using the international number always need to delete the 0 (all mobiles start with 06 overhere) so the 6 follows at the mobile number.

This is the way it should be done for all I know. SOmeone has another experience how to get it working by any chance???

Last edited by TheMARTPre3; 11/18/2012 at 11:55 AM.
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 11/18/2012, 11:59 AM   #931 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalnawal View Post
having same issue... please help. i tried several times but not getting the code.
Please read the FAQ: https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...ojoWhatsup-FAQ
memo6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 12:01 PM   #932 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
Well the 'too recent' code is popping up when you tap the send SMS code too short after eachother.

It all starts with the code not arriving though. I have also tried the 'get voice code' but no luck either.

BTW I am from the Netherlands. I saw some Mexicans having strange problems too, they had to add an extra 1 or something to their phonenumber?

Is there any specific problem maybe for specific country codes? Mine is normally 0031, but in this app only can fill in 31, and then the 0 after it gets automatically deleted by Mojowhatsup which is normal using the international number always need to delete the 0 (all mobiles start with 06 overhere) so the 6 follows at the mobile number.

This is the way it should be done for all I know. SOmeone has another experience how to get it working by any chance???
Leave out the 00 from your country code -> CC = 31. Dont enter the leading zero of the phone number in the country code! Leave out the starting zero of your phone number -> 6xxx

Read the FAQ: https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...ojoWhatsup-FAQ
memo6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 12:11 PM   #933 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by memo6152 View Post
Leave out the 00 from your country code -> CC = 31. Dont enter the leading zero of the phone number in the country code! Leave out the starting zero of your phone number -> 6xxx

Read the FAQ: https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...ojoWhatsup-FAQ
Now that is exactly what I did... Maybe my post wasn't clear but I do it like this

31 at CC
6xxxxxxxx at mobile number.

No message.
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 12:31 PM   #934 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTPre3 View Post
Now that is exactly what I did... Maybe my post wasn't clear but I do it like this

31 at CC
6xxxxxxxx at mobile number.

No message.
Same problem here. CC 49. Even the voice message doesn't work.
sh4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 02:59 PM   #935 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4re View Post
Same problem here. CC 49. Even the voice message doesn't work.
I hope that the Whatsapp official developer didn't block the Mojowhatsup inquiry for such a confirmation code....
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 05:55 AM   #936 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
Did someone have the same problem?

Kind regards

Fred
Hello,

Without doing anything (no reboot and so on) the sound is back again...

Kind regards

Fred
gsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 05:55 AM   #937 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 24
Sorry, double post.
gsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 05:58 AM   #938 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by katkiller View Post
I am having 2 problems:
1: The app won't start it just leaves a gray card in front. ( I used to have it and worked great before) And I am already registered, there is no message and nothing shown only a grey card...
2: When I have it installed (not only opened, as long as it is installed) I am not able to receive any SMS, I can send them and people will get it, but when someone sends one to me, i get nothing. I tried uninstalling it and sms arrive normally reinstall it and they stop coming..

PLEASE HELP!!
Hi,

Have you tried to send a SMS to yourself? Does it work?

Best regards

Fred
gsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 07:28 AM   #939 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
As it seems to be a more difficult task to register google maps for maploc-protocol that is used by Mojowhatsup (standard-conform!), i came up with a hack that works at least on 2.2.4:

you can change the line in the /app/models/media.js from

Code:
target: "maploc:" + msg.latitude + "," + msg.longitude
to
Code:
target: "mapto:" + msg.latitude + "," + msg.longitude
(also see: https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...s/media.js#L72
)

Usually it's not correct to send LOC parameters with ADR function, but Jans google maps app just takes the parameter and displays it in it's search field - just press return and it will go to that location
Hello,

Does that work for the Palm Pre 2 as well? I think it runs on 2.2.4...

Kind regards

Fred
gsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 09:26 AM   #940 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 81
One day later, still no SMS or Voicemail code received... Anyone that had luck receiving one lately?
TheMARTPre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0