First of all thanks for your continuing effort! I'm so happy about that WhatsApp Client !
It works like a charm on my veer.
Yet I have problems on my TouchPad to login.
Since I installed as first version 1.4.0 and upgraded, I could SMS register but never successfully login (different mobile number then on my veer - so its a new account)
Anyone else with this problem? As my account on my veer was created way before the switch to protocol 1.2 - I assume this is why the login in works. But on the TouchPad it constantly fails.
Someone successfully created a new account with 1.4.1 or later and successfully logged in?
Maybe on a TouchPad?
Do I need for every attempted to login an new registration SMS maybe?
MojoWhatsup v1.4.3 (alpha)
MojoWhatsup is an IM application for Webos that allows you to chat with your Whatsapp friends
I've tested this app in my HP Veer and my Touchpad. I've also tested it in Pre 2, and Pre 3 emulators. It works for me but surely there will be bugs that I have not detected.
Please test it on your own and if you find any troubles contact me.
INCLUDED FEATURES (GENERAL DESCRIPTION)
- SMS registration.
- Group and person chats.
- Notification preferences (sound, vibration, banner, etc).
- Emojis (thanks to tgalal, wazapp)
- Sending and receiving media files (images, videso, audio, contacts, location).
- Group creation (adding/removing contacts, change subject)
- Seeing contacts status. Contacts are retreived from device contact databse.
- Set/see personal status.
- Set/see contacts/groups pictures.
- New emoji set
- Encrypted protocol
NOT INCLUDED FEATURES
- Favorite contacts.
v1.4.3 - November 13, 2012
- Fixed plugin error problem when receiving picture notifications
v1.4.2 - November 13, 2012
- New voice method to request the registration code
- Fixed picture preview problem
- Fixed plugin error when sending a picture
- Plugin recompiled in order to support Pixi processor
- Fixed the visualization problem of some emojis
- Fixed the timestamp problem of offline messages
- Enabled log ERROR level in the plugin for debugging puposes
- Some other minor changes
v1.4.1 - November 8, 2012
- Implemented Whatsapp encrypted protocol 1.2
- Therefore the login problem is fixed
- Updated Chinese, Italian and Netherlands translations
v1.4.0 - October 26, 2012
- Added change status feature
- Added complete picture support: profile picture, group pictures and contact pictures
- Added new emoji collection
- Fixed some minor bugs
v1.3.3 - October 10, 2012
- Workaround for last login problem
v1.3.2 - October 8, 2012
- Added notification when a new version is available
- German translation corrected and Russian translation added
- Sends presence unavailable message when app is inactive, in backgraund or minimized
- Fixed issue with messages not coming in background mode
v1.3.1 - October 5, 2012
- Fixed contact load problem
- Updated german and italian translations
v1.3.0 - October 5, 2012
- Fixed registration problem (fail-old-version)
- Added reduce image before sending in preferences
- Added contacts phone types to import in preferences
- Fixed Chinese translation
- Added French translation
- Added change language in preferences
v1.2.0 - October 1, 2012
- Chinese translation (thanks to tonyw)
- Updated scaled Pre3 icons (thanks to virox)
- Added contacts status (in contacts list)
- Fixed image thumb and image viewer (Pre3)
- Other minor bugs fixed
v1.1.0 - September 26, 2012
- German, italian, netherlands translations (thanks to Sonic-NKT, virox, cainvommars, DMeister, wMark90)
- Problem importing all contacts fixed (thanks to capepe)
- Pre3 1.5 folder with MojoWhatsup scaled icon (thanks to virox)
- Orange/Ctrl + Enter sends message
- Removed nojail statement
- Fixed problem with screen orientation when returning from image viewer
- Message font size included in preferences
- Fixed some other minor bugs
v1.0.0 - September 21, 2012
- Public release!
- Max phone length corrected in account configuracion
INSTALLATION AND EXECUTION NOTES:
- Download above .ipk file. Install it in your device using Preware, Internalz or WebOSQuickInstall.
- Maybe the first time you launch the app you will see an empty card. In this case relaunch application.
- Due to the fact that is an hybrid app, the plugin has to be associated to a webos 'stage'. So, the only way to run it in background is minimizing as a dashboard stage.
- Another problem I found is that webos blocks socket connections when device goes slepp after a few minutes. So, you cannot receive or send messages after wake up. To only way to keep awake device all the time is to use Power Manager service, but it really drains battery life. For this reason I added in preferences the possibility of choosing reconnection intervals when app is in backgroud (dashboard).
Copyright (c) 2012, Antonio Morales <firstname.lastname@example.org>
MojoWhatsup is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms
of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation,
either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
MojoWhatsup is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY;
without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.
I have been able to develop this application thanks to all Internet users who have previously spent their time selflessly to bring this application to unsupported devices.
Thanks to Tarek Galal (tgalal) for "wazzapp", the whatsup client for Maemo devices.
Thanks to "virox" from the webos nations forums for the application icon.
Thanks also to the members of webosnations forums, in particular the "Whatsapp for Webos" thread.
Thanks to "Eric Blade" (eblade), because surely the version he is developing will be much more suitable for webos devices than mine. I'm looking out a version that integrates with Synergy.
In general thanks to whole internet community for their posts regarding this issue that have helped me a lot.
And finally thanks to Palm and HP to develop the Webos operating system that has surprised me so much.
Thanks to isagar2004 for helping with registration problem.
On the Veer I have some issues getting the SMS, it says sent (when not getting the Too-Recen) but it never arrives (already twice !!!). I do not think this is linked to the application but more to the server side.
Usually it's not correct to send LOC parameters with ADR function, but Jans google maps app just takes the parameter and displays it in it's search field - just press return and it will go to that location
You need to have set "Google Maps" in webos Preferences - Standard apps
If you get a "Please wait for the GPS signal or press cancel" and pressing cancel or wait changes nothing or at the search field it shows "undefined":
Go preferences in googlemaps - "override directions launch request" - turn ON - backwipe to save - close app
This will override the routing from "your location" (with a gps-search for your position) to a only show mojowhatsup position in googlemaps. You can route then afterwards by tapping the marker an route from there.
Another suggestion for MWU:
Is it possible to activate dashboard when app is in the background or exposition is on? If dashboard is off there is no notification in dashboard. You have always to swipe the app away to have dashboard on. I like the behaviour like mobile hotspot e.g.
Thanks for this wonderful app.
I am having 2 problems:
1: The app won't start it just leaves a gray card in front. ( I used to have it and worked great before) And I am already registered, there is no message and nothing shown only a grey card...
2: When I have it installed (not only opened, as long as it is installed) I am not able to receive any SMS, I can send them and people will get it, but when someone sends one to me, i get nothing. I tried uninstalling it and sms arrive normally reinstall it and they stop coming..