webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree587Likes

Old 11/13/2012, 03:34 AM   #881 (permalink)

IMHO ... the problem lies on protocol 1.2 ...
it also happens on php script based on 1.2 protocol, the solution is not "complete" yet ... intermittent login issue
massaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 07:17 AM   #882 (permalink)

Got one plugin error this morning. Rebooted my phone last night, restarted MWU and tried to put it into background mode, but didn't work, icon didn't appear. Repeated that a few times then finally on the main window it showed the plugin error. Happened around 6:30AM EST. After that plugin error, started the app again and it started working.

Logs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip messages.zip (227.6 KB, 11 views) Email Attachment

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 07:39 AM   #883 (permalink)

uh, i emailed the logs to the amoralico's gmail, is it better to attach the logs here instead? =3
moodydork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 09:13 AM   #884 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydork View Post
uh, i emailed the logs to the amoralico's gmail, is it better to attach the logs here instead? =3
Well the logs can get pretty big, mine managed to fit. If it's large then maybe email is better.
Old 11/13/2012, 10:53 AM   #885 (permalink)

Is anyone addressing ways of reducing the battery load of Whatsapp? It really chews on the battery.
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 01:35 PM   #886 (permalink)

Hi everybody again,
This version attempts to fix some bugs of the previeus version (1.4.1) and includes a new feature.

Comments about some changes made on this version:

1. New voice method to request the registration code: with this new method you can request the registration code via a telephone call (voice). Maybe this method help those of you who cannot get the registration code by SMS.

2. Fixed picture preview problem. From now, next pictures you receive will be pre-visualized.

3. Fixed plugin error when sending a picture: I fixed the plugin error when sending a picture but not when starting the app.

4. Plugin recompiled in order to support Pixi processor. Now the plugin has been compiled to support Pixi processor (arm1136jf-s). Please, those of you who have a Pixi with webOS 2.1 operating system try this new version and tell me if it works. IMPORTANT: This version of MojoWhatsup does not work on devices with Webos 1.4.5.

5. Fixed the visualization problem of some emojis. From now, next "new" emojis you receive will be displayed.

6. Enabled log ERROR level in the plugin for debugging puposes. I've done some changes in order to fix the the plugin error problem at starting, but I'm not sure if they will make the app work again. I've enabled plugin log error messages just in case. So, if the plugin error appears again, please send me the /var/log/messages file generated just after the error.
Old 11/13/2012, 01:49 PM   #887 (permalink)

Thank you again for your time and dedication.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Old 11/13/2012, 02:33 PM   #888 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
Hi everybody again,
This version attempts to fix some bugs of the previeus version (1.4.1) and includes a new feature.

Comments about some changes made on this version:

1. New voice method to request the registration code: with this new method you can request the registration code via a telephone call (voice). Maybe this method help those of you who cannot get the registration code by SMS.

2. Fixed picture preview problem. From now, next pictures you receive will be pre-visualized.

3. Fixed plugin error when sending a picture: I fixed the plugin error when sending a picture but not when starting the app.

4. Plugin recompiled in order to support Pixi processor. Now the plugin has been compiled to support Pixi processor (arm1136jf-s). Please, those of you who have a Pixi with webOS 2.1 operating system try this new version and tell me if it works. IMPORTANT: This version of MojoWhatsup does not work on devices with Webos 1.4.5.

5. Fixed the visualization problem of some emojis. From now, next "new" emojis you receive will be displayed.

6. Enabled log ERROR level in the plugin for debugging puposes. I've done some changes in order to fix the the plugin error problem at starting, but I'm not sure if they will make the app work again. I've enabled plugin log error messages just in case. So, if the plugin error appears again, please send me the /var/log/messages file generated just after the error.
Unfortunately the Plugin error strikes again. Here's the /var/log/messages file attached. You'll see that I've upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 but the error appeared twice.

Happy troubleshooting and thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mojo-crash.txt (45.4 KB, 17 views) Email Attachment
iulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: amoralico
Old 11/13/2012, 03:59 PM   #889 (permalink)

I don't know if i helps and/or if it is just a coincidence of some kind, but it's there for sure. At first I thought I was going crazy but since the day of the new login protocol update MojoWhatsup works perfectly during the day and somewhere after 18h (European time, same as in Spain) the plugin error starts to occur, somewhere at night the plugin errors disappear. And this didn't change even one of the days. So the app works the whole day without problems until after 18h, it starts to work again somewhere during the night. This is on both of my two Veers. With the update of today the app gave immediately the plugin error again (it is after 18h!).
DRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 05:13 PM   #890 (permalink)

Upss! with the upgrade to 1.4.2 I still have problems sending and receiving messages on my PalmPre2. Not with my TouchPad.
despinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 05:31 PM   #891 (permalink)

The one issue I have on my pre 3 is really when the level of 3g I am getting changes from high to low, as in if i go from full bars to 2 bars, messages wont send or receive until I quit the app and restart it, almost like it cant adapt to the change in 3g it has access too. Is this something other people have too?
kel101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 05:34 PM   #892 (permalink)

Hello,

First of all: Thank you, amoralico! Its a great job that you do!

On my Palm Pre 2 (European version) Mojo WhatsApp works good. On thinks is strange: I do not receive any noise from the the application anymore. Does somebody have the same problem?

Best regards

Frederik
gsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 05:36 PM   #893 (permalink)

And with 1.4.3 this is the result:
Attached Images
File Type: png mojowhatsup_2012-13-11_163039.png (46.1 KB, 39 views) Email Attachment
Old 11/13/2012, 05:43 PM   #894 (permalink)

Ok. Thanks for your log files..
I've found the cause of the plugin error. Almost as always it was an unconrolled pointer in C++. This is what makes me dislikes C, C++.

Release 1.4.3 fixes it.
Thanked by jcmarcos, lluisinho
Old 11/13/2012, 05:45 PM   #895 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by despinova View Post
And with 1.4.3 this is the result:
Upps! Please send me your /var/log/messages file.
I'm getting crazy with this bug.
Old 11/13/2012, 06:23 PM   #896 (permalink)

Quote:

How do you send it? EDIT: I sent you email.

Last edited by despinova; 11/13/2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11/13/2012, 06:44 PM   #897 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok. Thanks for your log files..
I've found the cause of the plugin error. Almost as always it was an unconrolled pointer in C++. This is what makes me dislikes C, C++.

Release 1.4.3 fixes it.
Segmentation Fault?

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Old 11/13/2012, 06:56 PM   #898 (permalink)

wow, 2 versions released while i was asleep lol. jumped straight to 1.4.3 and no plugin errors encountered when i started the app. i'm at work now so i'll out the msging when i'm free. thank god i install internalz at home, coz office pc doesn't have admin rights, and i can't install the nova drivers on it.

thanks once again amoralico!
moodydork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 01:20 AM   #899 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I got the 1.4.3 with no issues. In fact, the last plugging error I've had was with the 1.1 or 1.2 v, I think. And I change between wifi and 3G a lot. Well, lucky me I guess. Thanks for you hard work amoralico.
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 01:38 AM   #900 (permalink)

there is no login button in 1.4.3 ... ?
where can login?
YoWhatsUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0