webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree516Likes

Old 11/11/2012, 11:45 AM   #861 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi W View Post
tried it with 5 codes already code and register works fine but until "log in". reboot? or its not working with O2 germany with number 176.. ?
So for all those o2 dudes:

I have a veer 2.1.1 running here with an o2 0176.. number had once the plugin error assume it was a bad connection on 2g with 32kbit/s or so. But else it is running perfectly fine. I did a fresh install though (uninstall 1.4 and install 1.4.1).

Genrally I would really vote for setting up the FAQ on github wiki, would be easier to handle than on the forums, but I may be wrong.

Last edited by krushaaa; 11/11/2012 at 11:52 AM.
krushaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2012, 12:01 PM   #862 (permalink)
SQB

I got the sms for the first time today and was able to register but unsurprisingly I had no chance to login yet. Tried to push the register Button a second time, but didn't help.

Any ideas?
SQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2012, 12:26 PM   #863 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushaaa View Post

Genrally I would really vote for setting up the FAQ on github wiki, would be easier to handle than on the forums, but I may be wrong.
+1
I just thought a forum post FAQ is better then nothing and a lot better then all the same questions over and over again. Amoralico could link to a external wiki from first post and in his signature.
Old 11/11/2012, 02:44 PM   #864 (permalink)

+1 who needs a Pixi version. The idea of a whatsapp client for webOS is great.
Unfortunately it also doesn't work for me on pixi even with WebOS 2.1
nfsracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2012, 03:50 PM   #865 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Getting the pixi version to work shouldn't be too hard when Amorelico compiles it for the ARM chip in the Pixi.
Old 11/11/2012, 07:06 PM   #866 (permalink)

I do not understand why my TouchPad, MojoWhatsup version 1.4.1 works great, and PalmPre2 not work. This version is not only for WebOS 3.0.5?
despinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2012, 10:42 PM   #867 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynet View Post
just use the usual method in webos, in chat screen, swipe left/right the chat you want to delete, then the delete/cancel dialogue would appear.
thanks, that work
chriscsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 02:52 AM   #868 (permalink)

Hey guys,

I've installed version 1.4.1 on my german O2 Pre3 (country code 49, area code 179) and it works great, already had a chat with someone with an iphone. Sending as well as receiving works fine.
I just installed it without uninstalling version 1.4.0. Re-registered and logged in and everything was great.

Also on my TouchPad the installation worked fine, all conversations are still there, although I didn't try out the new version. However, I'm pretty sure, it's working there, too.

Thanks again, amoralico! Keep up the great work!
Old 11/12/2012, 03:34 AM   #869 (permalink)

Dear all,
hopefully somebody can help. I had mojowhatsup installed and worked perfectly fine. But now need to use my SIM card in a Galaxy S2. I uninstalled whatsup on my Veer and tried to install whatsapp on the Galaxy S2, but getting the error message "connection failed, please check if you are using your phone number already on a 2nd device". Looks it is not really syncronizing with the whatsapp server or so. Does anybody have a solution or an idea what i can do. Already contacted the whatsapp support but no usable response so far.
Thanks al ot in advance
Torsten Ruegner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 04:10 AM   #870 (permalink)

worked flawlessly on a US pre3 on a euro carrier ... minor issues with names showing up, but there are profile pics so its ok. also none of my windows phone buddies can see me, droids are working and i have too little iosers to confirm

thanks for the effort mate, keep up fighting the good fight and dont pay attention to sore critics
MihMih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 04:14 AM   #871 (permalink)
hux

thanks, pre 2 in germany without problems online again.

still have a lot of contacts that dont show up, is there any news on that front? they all have +country code prefix and are set to mobile contact type.
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 04:34 AM   #872 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hux View Post
thanks, pre 2 in germany without problems online again.
I had to do nothing but upgrade to version 1.4.1 in my Pre 3, and it all started working again. I have noticed the image previews don't show up, the only bug I saw, and it's acknowledged.

Quote:
still have a lot of contacts that dont show up, is there any news on that front? they all have +country code prefix and are set to mobile contact type.
I was surprised at this behaviour: I created a new contact, with a single mobile number. It didn't show up in MojoWhatsUp at all. So I edited it, changed the number to "home", then back to "mobile", saved it, and then it showed up. Perhaps it's webOS fault, not the app's.

As a side note, I'd love MojoWhatsUp to allow me to create a new contact: I've receved chats from two friends that I didn't have as contacts, and had to create their contacts by hand.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 06:47 AM   #873 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

added to FAQ:
Why are not all contacts from my adress book listed in the app?

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...st3362377.html
Liked by jcmarcos likes this.
Thanked by amoralico, jcmarcos
Old 11/12/2012, 08:14 AM   #874 (permalink)

update: windows phone users are fine again ;]

Feature request: Can you make an option tick in preferences "Request password on every start" for obvious ... erm ... privacy issues ;]
MihMih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 08:32 AM   #875 (permalink)

I am currently using 2.1.2 may be that is the issue

anyways +1 for FAQ
devil.insulted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 09:33 AM   #876 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
added to FAQ:
Why are not all contacts from my adress book listed in the app?

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...st3362377.html
Thanks a lot for the FAQ.
I've created a wiki at the github MojoWhatsup project where I've copied the content of the FAQ.

The url is https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...ojoWhatsup-FAQ.

Thus will be easier to add/edit new content.
Thanked by gizmo21, jcmarcos, jdevora
Old 11/12/2012, 10:06 AM   #877 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
As a side note, I'd love MojoWhatsUp to allow me to create a new contact: I've receved chats from two friends that I didn't have as contacts, and had to create their contacts by hand.
Ready made mojo code for contact adding on multiple webOS versions is available from 72ka, developer of the great other HB Mojoproject Google Maps.

@amoralico: btw. there is still a try to let whatsup location messages open in the homebrew google maps app, but i can't find how you implemented the opening of locations. i found how you get the location
in /mojo/app/assistants/location-assistant.js
Code:
this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.location', {
method : 'getCurrentPosition',
and in /mojo/app/models/message.js there is a message type location:
Code:
Message.WA_TYPE_LOCATION = 5;

with 
else if (this.media_wa_type == Message.WA_TYPE_LOCATION) {
			text += "<br>" + $L("Longitude") + ": " + this.longitude;
			text += "<br> " + $L("Latitude") + ": " + this.latitude;
but i can't find what is called when an arrived WA_TYPE_LOCATION message is pressed by the user. Is it a direct call of com.palm.maps with location-coordinates parameters or something like
<a href=\"maploc:" + coordinates + "\">" + coordinates + "</a>";
Old 11/12/2012, 11:01 AM   #878 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
but i can't find what is called when an arrived WA_TYPE_LOCATION message is pressed by the user. Is it a direct call of com.palm.maps with location-coordinates parameters or something like
<a href=\"maploc:" + coordinates + "\">" + coordinates + "</a>";
I call method "open" from the com.palm.applicationManager service.
See file https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...s/media.js#L72
Old 11/12/2012, 12:10 PM   #879 (permalink)

My brother had the problem of the plugin in a 2.1.2 veer in Spain, could not send a message because it was showing before the plugin error. Gotta send a message before to show him the error of the plugin and since then, and works well.

Mi hermano tenía el problema del plugin, antes de enviar un mensaje le daba el error, una de las veces consiguió enviar un mensaje antes de que le mostrase el error y desde entonces ya le funciona correctamente.

Best regards
alfabetapeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 10:28 PM   #880 (permalink)

plugin error happen to me too last night. mojowhatsup was working before, but in a sudden error appear. waiting for some time, it work again. Then, error again, after 1-2 hour, it works again till now.

Don't know what cause it and why it resolve itself and working again, hope it stay working *cross my fingers*
wynet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0