11/10/2012, 12:04 PM
is anybody reading this thread before asking the same questions over and over again?
Perhaps a FAQ would help, for those ignorant "<10 Post"-users.
I'll start with some basics:
FAQ now here: https://github.com/amoralico/mojowha...ojoWhatsup-FAQ
Unofficial FAQ for MojoWhatsup:
- I have problems with the app: Have updated to the latest version already and have you read the first posting for not included features and installation/execution notes? Have you already read this FAQ?
- How to enter registration data correctly:
CC: country-code (without + infront ) e.g. 64 (for NZ)
Number: your mobile number without starting 0. so instead of 012-1234567 enter 121234567 (without spaces).
Username: any username you would like to use (perhaps use an easy one without special chars and spaces)
Password: use any password
- I recieve no SMS to register:
It can take very long (1 day) to get the a SMS (even if it was fast the last time). Wait before asking, then wait again and do not register over-and-over again, as this will result in other problems.
- I recieve a error: status=fail-too-recent result= 60 ?
It is a message from Whatsapp server, you tried to register too often whitout waiting. Wait a while (minimum 1 day), then read this whole FAQ again and try again , then wait again for registration SMS.
- It doesn't start with my webOS 1.4.5 (Pre-/Pixi...):
For the time being developer has NO intention to release an app version for webOS 1.4.5 for Pre-,Pixi
- Why are not all contacts from my adress book listed in the app?
Firstly WA is working with mobile devices so you have to have the mobile numbers of your contacts in your adressbook . It seems to be a good idea to enter the mobile numbers in international format +64 123 987654 in your webos contacts app and set the type (label after the number) to 'MOBILE' (or the word in your language for mobile device). Sometimes you perhaps can't change those types (syngery read-only provider) so there is an preferences option "contacts" in mojowhatsup to allow other types of numbers too. After setting all this try a complete device shutdown/restart before asking.
- Why is it not integrated into messages (synergy)?
This is a standalone app project, a synergy-version project is elsewhere in this forum.
- When i close the card, the app is still running?
If you want to close the app, use Menu-Exit
- Why is the app minimized to the notification area and not in background?
This is due to webOS not being able to run background apps.
- How to make a group-chat?
Go to Chats - Menu "Create new Group" - Go into this group - Menu "Group Properties" - add participants. There you can also delete a group.
- How to backup chat history or transfer to other webOS device? Here is a way to backup/restore database manually
Bugs in 1.4.1:
- I get a plug-in error every day. It's a know bug in 1.4.1. - "Please, those of you with the plugin problem can send the developer the /var/log/messages file generated after the error ?" - Then be patient and wait for a new version. Perhaps this procedure also helps, but you will loose all chat history (if not backuped before).
- There are no image/video preview thumbnails in the messages anymore: Known bug in 1.4.1
- Timestamps of incoming offline messages are set to recieving-time not send-time
Got more of it? Just add some and i will update this post.