webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree511Likes

Old 09/22/2012, 09:52 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
Because MojoWhatsup does not support contacts status, the only way to know if a contact uses Whatsapp is opening a chat and seeing the state message in the header. If apperars "last seen" some date or on line, then your contact uses it.

For reconnecting time I use 15 or 20 minutes, but that depends on the need or urgency you have for receiving messages.

Communications blocks when device enter in sleep mode a few minutes after the screen turns off. I tested it occurs when I use a 2G or 3G connection but not when I use wifi connection.
Thanks amoralico, indeed you can see it in the header.
However I have the problem other guys said. People that I know they use WA are not shown to have it.
And I have their phones under mobile. Maybe it has something to do with other synergy profiles?
Anyone else that has an idea?
Loiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:05 AM   #62 (permalink)

Hi, i still have some Problems:
i got the sms with the sms code. Then I'll register with a random password and it tells me:

login = {myphonenumber}
status = mismatch
result = me={myphonenumber} code = {mailed code}

Can somebody help me?

ps: great Thanks for the app!
d0ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:06 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
Thanks amoralico, indeed you can see it in the header.
However I have the problem other guys said. People that I know they use WA are not shown to have it.
And I have their phones under mobile. Maybe it has something to do with other synergy profiles?
Anyone else that has an idea?
But, their numbers appears correctly in MojoWhatsup contact list?: country code (without + and 0 at the beggining) followed by the phone number.?
amoralico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:06 AM   #64 (permalink)
hux

- getting sms code works, feedback = ok.
- registering works, feedback = ok.
- login fails, no error given.

any advice? trying on my pre 2.
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:09 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
But, their numbers appears correctly in MojoWhatsup contact list?: country code (without + and 0 at the beggining) followed by the phone number.?
Yes they appear and I even had a chat with one of them. However when I open the chat window there is no "header" for him like it should be.
This happens for people that I have on Google Talk too, I think. So that's why I'm asking about Synergy profiles.

Last edited by Loiter; 09/22/2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09/22/2012, 10:24 AM   #66 (permalink)

Later when you received a SMS code, maybe change the Phone number like this:
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Only add 1XXX-XXX-XXXX and works great, testing in México Phone number
dozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:26 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
i just send a first german translation to your support email adress.
but here it is again, maybe someone else can take i lookt at it.
If i did anything wrong please tell me
thanks, very nice and I've corrected it
Attached Files
File Type: zip German_Translation_korrigiert.zip (6.3 KB, 24 views) Email Attachment
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:29 AM   #68 (permalink)

Ok after some more intensive testing i found a bug in the picture viewer. It opens the picture in the original resolution (not zoomed) but its impossible to scroll to the bottom or right. In the picture viewer it works fine. Im running the app on a pre3 btw
Sonic-NKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:39 AM   #69 (permalink)

Thank you so much for this app - waited for it since the first Pre came out. Works great on my Pre3, but not all Contacts are shown in the app. My son's phone (set to "Mobile") doesn't show up in the WhatsApp. Don't know what's wrong - I deleted the contact, typed it in new but still no change in the app. ???

Gepi
gepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:40 AM   #70 (permalink)

ok, i'm a bit foolish The sms code was wrong.
Now I'm at the same point as hux:
Registration is fine, Login doesn't work. Its a german Pre 3.
d0ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:44 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ner View Post
ok, i'm a bit foolish The sms code was wrong.
Now I'm at the same point as hux:
Registration is fine, Login doesn't work. Its a german Pre 3.
had the same problem (device + Country), make sure there is no other whatsapp client active with the same mobil number and remove the "0" infront of your mobil number.
Couldnt login without removing it, even tho the SMS Code was send fine with the 0 in place.

@Virox:
Thanks for checking it, i saw you didnt translate Download and Upload either
Hope everything fits in place and is not to long for any buttons or textfields.
Well lets hear back from amoralico.

wonder why this hasnt reached frontpage yet.
is a preware release plannend? would help to keep the app up to date on the device and spread the good news of a whatsapp client.
Old 09/22/2012, 10:47 AM   #72 (permalink)

the most pictures are not for the resolution of Pre3.
Could you please insert this sort of 1.5 folder with all images in higher resolution? that would be sweet

and on pre3 the homescreen icon needs to be 96x96 instead of 64x64
Attached Images
File Type: png mojowhatsup96.png (5.4 KB, 325 views) Email Attachment
Old 09/22/2012, 10:48 AM   #73 (permalink)

little off topic here... but am I the only one who has never heard/seen/ever even known about WhatsApp??
webos_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 10:52 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
@Virox:
Thanks for checking it, i saw you didnt translate Download and Upload either
Hope everything fits in place and is not to long for any buttons or textfields.
Well lets hear back from amoralico.
Haha yes, I thought about 'läd herunter' or 'läd hoch'
best is amoralico integrates this translation and then we'll see if something is to long for a button
Old 09/22/2012, 10:56 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webos_ftw View Post
little off topic here... but am I the only one who has never heard/seen/ever even known about WhatsApp??
well atleast in germany almost everyone who owns a android or apple phone uses it, atleast the people i know. I guess because cellular text messages are still quite expensive without a flatrate and it is also a easy and fast way to exchange video/audio/picture. Because it uses the mobilnumber as id it also detects right after registration who else in your contacts list has whatsapp...

i wouldnt really need it as i could do everything with email but its just very common here and its great to use it finally on my phone to receive messages from my friends.

@Virox:
Thanks for the icon, was thinking about reporting this too
Old 09/22/2012, 11:09 AM   #76 (permalink)

The app doesn't work on my TouchPad. I entered the country code (1 for US), entered my mobile number (area code plus number, I'm on Sprint btw), enter my handle here as the push name (k4ever), entered the 3 digit SMS code I received to my cellphone, and entered a password. Login was good. No errors. The main menu popped up and all of my cell phone contacts were under "contacts". I selected my wife and daughter's cell phone numbers (independently) and sent a text to each one. They never received the text. I sent multiple text to each and neither one has received one yet. It has been over an hour.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
k4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 11:12 AM   #77 (permalink)

OK. I'm coming back with this.
I didn't know much about WhatsApp. So to clarify some things.
From what I understand:

1. WhatsApp in iOS for example, loads your contact list inside the App. People who use WhatsApp have a little status underneath their name, so you know they have the App.
This does not happen in this webOS App.
What you can do is press on a contact and open a chat window. There you can see the contact's timestamp. "Last seen on Tuesday" etc.
With this you know that the guy uses WhatsApp. However, there is an option where people can hide their Timestamps. If they have enabled it, you don't know that they indeed use the App. That's the "problem".

2. It seems that in other OSes, like iOS, we are automatically added to our friend's contact list with the message. "Hey there! I'm using WhatsApp" which is the default message. So there is no problem to that. People WILL know that we use WhatsApp if they check their contacts.

3. When someone is inside our chat window we can see "Online" and "Typing". This cannot be hidden like the Timestamp. However, because we have the dashboard thing, when other people look at our chat window they will always see us online, even if we are not using the app at the time (minimized).

4. For me the problem is that if I talk with a friend for example and just for a moment I turn off the screen, I will not get the message before 15' or unless I turn on the screen again manually. If this could be fixed the app would be very good.

I hope I was clear as I tried to explain all these things. I may be probably be wrong in something, if it is true please correct me.
Old 09/22/2012, 11:36 AM   #78 (permalink)

Works like a charm on my pre3. Does not work on my pixi plus.
storko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 12:31 PM   #79 (permalink)
g7

Thanks for the app, it works flawlessy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
Yes they appear and I even had a chat with one of them. However when I open the chat window there is no "header" for him like it should be.
This happens for people that I have on Google Talk too, I think. So that's why I'm asking about Synergy profiles.
It happened to me too. It happens on profiles which have been linked on the webOS Contact app. Just ensure that the name of the person is inserted on every linked profile.

Eugenio

Comfortably numb since 1996.

Frankenpre³ EU 16 GB
g7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 12:55 PM   #80 (permalink)

i have my contacts synced with a googl contacts account but i am not getting all my contacts to show up whether they are in mobile or not.is any one having this problem,i have over 400 contacts but only 145 are showing and these are the ones that are in the google contacts sync on my phone
i am registered but i guess i just need someone who is on whatsapp to ad me to see what is going on

EXCELLENT APP!!
Kenjo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0