webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree510Likes

Old 11/03/2012, 11:36 PM   #741 (permalink)

Thanks for your great work amoralico
good luck
raymondlhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 12:06 AM   #742 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
no need to get p****d off with the creator imho, it's been fun while it lasted....don't you guys have emails anyway???
More so... it's not like we haven't been living without WhatsApp before MojoWhatsUp was created.

For me it's really just my iPhone sisters and one Android guy complaining. Everybody else is fine with regular text, e-mail and GTalk. So it's just back to "don't like it, don't talk to me then."

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 01:16 AM   #743 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Noticed something strange...

While MojoWhatsUp is offline, I switched the account back to my Android and reactivated the account to change my status to tell my friends to use GTalk, went back to MojoWhatsUp and noticed the status got updated there too...

But if it's not authenticating, how on earth did it do that???
Status updates and other things come from places outside of the main system. Remember that WA is so insecure, until about 3 months or so ago, you could change the status of anyone as long as you knew their phone number.

it would not surprise me in the least bit if there were more problems like that just waiting to be discovered.

In any case, I don't know if this would help amoralico, or anyone else, but I released Whazaa as open source earlier today, I haven't updated it for the new authentication system yet, but I have collected a few links on information on how someone with the code skill to do so could. I just don't have the time with my new job involving an awful lot of commuting, and I'm still getting oriented to it.

No, I don't mean to threadjack, but as amoralico and I have been in contact in the past, I'd like to extend the invitation to make use of any bit of my code that can be useful, as well as offer that to everyone else. It's not pretty, but it was functional, at least until the 1.2 version of the protocol came out.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by kostka likes this.
Old 11/04/2012, 07:31 AM   #744 (permalink)

Hola, no sabia que había una version de conector sinergy para webos con whatsapp, pero an liberado hoy el código, así que no seria mejor trabajar sobre el, e integrar la sinergia de wazza en webos?
Whazaa released to open source | SynerGV
MAMISHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 12:32 PM   #745 (permalink)

Estoy parcialmente en desacuerdo, especialmente a corto plazo. MojoWhastup es una fantástica aplicación en la que sólo falla la autenticación (que ha cambiado). Entiendo que será más fácil/corto cambiar esa parte de código y lanzar la versión 1.5 (o la que toque) cuanto antes, que estar innovando con la integración de Sinergy, que llevará seguro más tiempo (que sí, que a futuro sería el camino a seguir).

En todo caso, lo de "fácil/corto" es conceptual. Antonio es el que mejor sabe el tiempo que le puede dedicar, y como bien dice (y apoyo completamente), primero está la familia y el trabajo.
javidg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 06:16 PM   #746 (permalink)

is good that amoralico is sincere about his situation, mojowhatsup is open source so waiting for just 1 guy to do all the work is kind of a stall, that being said, i'm kinda lost looking at the code... if maybe amoralico could post some guidance on how the app is coded... maybe some of us can begin making the changes and leaving him to do all the living that he needs to do... just sayin'

Last edited by gach87; 11/04/2012 at 06:29 PM.
gach87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by TUFF Stough likes this.
Old 11/05/2012, 04:16 AM   #747 (permalink)

Hey I am willing to help out with the hacking which needs to be done, however i would really like to have a UML- diagram or any type of diagram so it will be easier to find the way round in the code, as it is rather complex.
krushaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 06:57 AM   #748 (permalink)

first i have try the version 1.1 and the mojowhatsup work all right.
After I have installing the version 1.4 in my veer, I have write a new account settings whit the same number, the same push name, pswd, the same sms code, but the login failed.
I have try to ask a new sms code, but the answer is status: fail-too-recent.
there is a solution?
now i cannot login

sorry for my english
madonateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 09:44 AM   #749 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushaaa View Post
Hey I am willing to help out with the hacking which needs to be done, however i would really like to have a UML- diagram or any type of diagram so it will be easier to find the way round in the code, as it is rather complex.
As per the changed protocol, we need to re-implement the dictionary and the Binary Node Reader/Writers to support the new flag added for RC4 encryption.

Unfortunately I'm helpless with code... that's why I got put on a QA job.
Old 11/05/2012, 12:50 PM   #750 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonateo View Post
first i have try the version 1.1 and the mojowhatsup work all right.
After I have installing the version 1.4 in my veer, I have write a new account settings whit the same number, the same push name, pswd, the same sms code, but the login failed.
I have try to ask a new sms code, but the answer is status: fail-too-recent.
there is a solution?
now i cannot login

sorry for my english
Hello,

Read the last 2-3 pages, then you know: The protocoll of WhatsApp changed from version 1.1 to 1.2. This causes authorisation problems. No authorisation, no messages.

regards

Fred
gsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 02:38 PM   #751 (permalink)

Think we can try something like this to generate documentation to understand the code?

Generating UML from C++ code? - Stack Overflow
Old 11/05/2012, 10:55 PM   #752 (permalink)

willl be trying some of those uml progrmas tomorrow to see what can be done, will keep you posted
gach87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: TUFF Stough
Old 11/06/2012, 09:09 AM   #753 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero3188 View Post
Gracias Anderson Ya he recibido el codigo y todo; lo que sucede es que cuando le doy a "iniciar sesión" me viene de vuelta el mensaje que ya he citado.
gracias de antemano por toda la ayuda
In english
Thanks Anderson I've already received the code. The problem is when I try to login it comes the message that I talked about.
Thanks beforehand for the help

Hello jero3188 , andersondiaz
I have the same problem. I had installed the version 1.3.3 and I did an upgrade to 1.4 Sudently the application didn't work so I decided unistall the mojowhatsup. I have tried to install it again and I have received the code but
when I try to log in it says ¨fallo de identificación de cuenta¨ . I'm in Spain.

I don't know if you have found a solution about it. I can not use the application now

Best regards !
scratth_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 10:12 AM   #754 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratth_82 View Post
Hello jero3188 , andersondiaz
I have the same problem. I had installed the version 1.3.3 and I did an upgrade to 1.4 Sudently the application didn't work so I decided unistall the mojowhatsup. I have tried to install it again and I have received the code but
when I try to log in it says ¨fallo de identificación de cuenta¨ . I'm in Spain.

I don't know if you have found a solution about it. I can not use the application now

Best regards !
I swear to god the next person who comes in and complain the app doesn't work...
Old 11/06/2012, 10:29 AM   #755 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
I swear to god the next person who comes in and complain the app doesn't work...
Not sure if people are just trolling now.

To be fair the first few posts seemed to be from people with not that good english.
kel101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 02:04 AM   #756 (permalink)

soo, the whatsapi seems to be fixed

hermanho posted his github repository in login issue thread on whatsapi github
in which the protocol handling for the new version should been fixed

https://github.com/hermanho/WhatsAPI...e/Protocol_1.2

maybe that helps to get it up and running again? : )
DarthM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 02:04 AM   #757 (permalink)

soo, the whatsapi seems to be fixed

hermanho posted his github repository in login issue thread on whatsapi github
in which the protocol handling for the new version should been fixed

https://github.com/hermanho/WhatsAPI...e/Protocol_1.2

maybe that helps to get it up and running again? : )
DarthM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 02:48 AM   #758 (permalink)

Good news

Enviado con tapatalk.
patolucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 04:19 AM   #759 (permalink)

i would like to personally thank amoralico for all the excellent work porting a webos version of whatsapp! this was one of the primary factors that made me confirm my consideration from moving from blackberry to pre 3.

secondly i would like to thank ToniCipriani for pointing out what may happen if the next person comes in and complains the app doesn't work... read thru the last few pages and realized what was going on.

just got a pre 3 yesterday, and was glad to hear about mojowhatsup prior to making the purchase, you can imagine my horror when it didn't work. hopefully with the 1.2 changes by hermanho, everything will get back in track in no time. somehow i am still able to use my bb torch's whatsapp while on wifi(with no simcard lol) so its no biggie, keep up the good work man!
moodydork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 06:40 AM   #760 (permalink)

Thanks for you work !!!!
One question: Does every month the protocol from Wahtsapp changed ?
so, at the beginning of every month will it get the same porblems ??

but you do a great job !!! thanks to all the help to get it running !!
hallo19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0