webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
Like Tree516Likes

Old 11/01/2012, 01:08 PM   #721 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushaaa View Post
did I misunderstand something or is yappari and wazapp still working they got atleast some fixed code in wazaap on git, from yappari

https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp
That was 2 months ago... see the folder timestamp.

Issue #126 still open on the WhatsAPI github.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 04:33 PM   #722 (permalink)

yea thats right but yappari is working apperently and the patch was from the same guy who makes yappari so i thought it was that..
krushaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 07:01 PM   #723 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushaaa View Post
yea thats right but yappari is working apperently and the patch was from the same guy who makes yappari so i thought it was that..
yeah, but from what i have read, yappari isn't open source yet so everything has to be reversed enginered complely
gach87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 06:01 AM   #724 (permalink)

I donated a few days before for amoralico.

So I would wish me a statement from him, whats going on with Mojo Whatsup. Is it possible to refresh it on protocol 1.2?
ChrisTucker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 10:15 AM   #725 (permalink)

Version 1.4.0 just comes up blank on my WebOS 1.4.5.1 Pixi
HondaPixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 10:30 AM   #726 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPixi View Post
Version 1.4.0 just comes up blank on my WebOS 1.4.5.1 Pixi
Pixi is not supported.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/02/2012 at 06:48 PM.
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 12:37 PM   #727 (permalink)

Hello,

Perhaps we should give Amoralico some time to program the new version that supports the protocoll. And as I have been developping software myself I can say: Sometimes you can not program everything that fast. I think Amoralico has to work to earn his living. The MojoWhatsApp might be programmed during his free time. So we can not expect that once the protocoll changed we receive the new version on the next day. Even if you did a donation. Its not like going to the baker and buying bread!

For all my impatient young friends: This is more like Christmas. We are waiting for a present. And as on Christmas: By asking for the presents you will NOT receive the presents faster. So sit and wait. One more favour you can do: Reduce the background sounds to a minimum. That helps to see the really important information faster.

Thank you & best regards!

Fred
gsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by dneuss, lephilwld, YoWhatsUp and 1 others like this.
Old 11/02/2012, 04:05 PM   #728 (permalink)

@gsfx: I agree, but a statement of amoralico, if its possible to "repair" Whatsup, would be nice!
Old 11/02/2012, 04:51 PM   #729 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTucker2004 View Post
I donated a few days before for amoralico.

So I would wish me a statement from him, whats going on with Mojo Whatsup. Is it possible to refresh it on protocol 1.2?
That just makes me laugh. Do you even know what donation means? You did not buy something and therefore you don't need to think that amoralico owes you anything. Let the master do his thing and stop being a pain in the behind.
geileszeuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 05:00 PM   #730 (permalink)

Let's give it some time...
Liked by gsfx likes this.
Thanked by Alibamboo, gsfx
Old 11/02/2012, 05:21 PM   #731 (permalink)

amoralico refunded my donation. Thanks a lot, but there's no need to this - the donation was for the great work already done!

Resent it.

Last edited by Alibamboo; 11/02/2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Alibamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by eKeith likes this.
Old 11/02/2012, 05:30 PM   #732 (permalink)

problem seems solved more or less over at github
krushaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 05:45 PM   #733 (permalink)

Please guys! Amoralico has nailed it big time with MojoWhatsUp. Lets cut it out with demanding anything from him. I'm sure what he has done has more value than any of our donations, which is breath a little bit of life to our beloved webOS. Priceless! Patiently waiting amoralico.
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by gsfx likes this.
Thanked by Alibamboo, figgel, gsfx
Old 11/02/2012, 05:55 PM   #734 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geileszeuch View Post
That just makes me laugh. Do you even know what donation means? You did not buy something and therefore you don't need to think that amoralico owes you anything. Let the master do his thing and stop being a pain in the behind.
sorry, you makes me laugh omg.

it was only a question and nothing more!!!
Old 11/02/2012, 08:15 PM   #735 (permalink)

for anyone interested, here's a brief explanation of the v1.2 protocol changes.

WhatsApp Protocol 1.2: A brief explanation | Lowlevel Studios
gach87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 11:02 PM   #736 (permalink)

Noticed something strange...

While MojoWhatsUp is offline, I switched the account back to my Android and reactivated the account to change my status to tell my friends to use GTalk, went back to MojoWhatsUp and noticed the status got updated there too...

But if it's not authenticating, how on earth did it do that???

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 06:01 AM   #737 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTucker2004 View Post
sorry, you makes me laugh omg.

it was only a question and nothing more!!!
"I donated a few days before for amoralico.

So I would wish me a statement from him,..."

That is not a question, but an unwarranted demand.

And now please stop spamming this thread.

Last edited by geileszeuch; 11/03/2012 at 08:23 AM.
geileszeuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelmutsKohl
Old 11/03/2012, 11:26 AM   #738 (permalink)

no need to get p****d off with the creator imho, it's been fun while it lasted....don't you guys have emails anyway???
Old 11/03/2012, 03:48 PM   #739 (permalink)

As you already know, since last October 30 MojoWhatsup application (in all versions) stopped working.
And as you have already commented, this is because the Whatsapp developers have modified the protocol what has caused a failure in MojoWhatsup log in which does not allow to send or receive messages.
This modification is going to take me an indefinite period of time to fix it for several reasons: 1) I know what has changed but I do not know if it is easy (or possible) to carry out that change in MojoWhatsup. 2) if it were possible to make the change it would not be in a short time because I would have to test it many times to get it to work, and 3) the policy of not publishing the code by the Whatsapp company (their are within their rights) and by other homebrew developers, makes this task harder, having to decompile existing official clients and translating from programming languages with which I am not familiar.

I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause and for not being able to specify a date when which MojoWhatup is operational again.

NOTE: this bug affects only the login proccess. In principle, the account registratin should still work.

P.S. Please do not donate until I resolve this problem. I do not need motivation to work on this since I have as much interest as you to get this application working again. The problem is lack of time. I wish I could devote myself completely to this task, but I have a job and a personal life.
Old 11/03/2012, 03:53 PM   #740 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
As you already know, since last October 30 MojoWhatsup application (in all versions) stopped working.
And as you have already commented, this is because the Whatsapp developers have modified the protocol what has caused a failure in MojoWhatsup log in which does not allow to send or receive messages.
This modification is going to take me an indefinite period of time to fix it for several reasons: 1) I know what has changed but I do not know if it is easy (or possible) to carry out that change in MojoWhatsup. 2) if it were possible to make the change it would not be in a short time because I would have to test it many times to get it to work, and 3) the policy of not publishing the code by the Whatsapp company (their are within their rights) and by other homebrew developers, makes this task harder, having to decompile existing official clients and translating from programming languages with which I am not familiar.

I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause and for not being able to specify a date when which MojoWhatup is operational again.

NOTE: this bug affects only the login proccess. In principle, the account registratin should still work.

P.S. Please do not donate until I resolve this problem. I do not need motivation to work on this since I have as much interest as you to get this application working again. The problem is lack of time. I wish I could devote myself completely to this task, but I have a job and a personal life.
take your time bro, i will donate, when works again, but good luck!!!!! enjoy your time!
dozel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, mojowhatsup, whatssapp

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0