Page 35 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes
    Same symptoms over here in Spain. People at that Wazaap thread in "maemo.org" say it can be WhatsApp servers being down, because of the terrible hurricane that the United States has suffered.

I miss some kind of acknowledgement of connection at startup in our lovely MojoWhatsup. The only way I know for testing is checking the "last seen" time of some contact, or send someone a message and see if its tiny icon shows as delivered or not.

Perhaps Antonio has tu put on boxing gloves again... FIGHT!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    t's either UserAgent change or maybe the bits in socket at login rotated and changed again...
    Nobody is trying to block us, for 1 000 000th time repeating myself.
    That was on the Maemo forum, so I guess it is just a matter of waiting for their devs to update their app
    In Italy too mojowhatsup doesn't work anymore! What can we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina12 View Post
    In Italy too mojowhatsup doesn't work anymore! What can we do?
    Another italian user here with same issue.

OT. Maybe it's time to buy an android device, new google/lg nexus 4 at 299$ (300 here in Italy) is so sexy!
    Quote Originally Posted by the gold bug View Post
    Another italian user here with same issue.
    The problem is not conutry dependant, those WhatsApp bast**** have changed their protoco again.

Maybe it's time to buy an android device, new google/lg nexus 4 at 299$ (300€ here in Italy) is so sexy!
    Where's the "not like" button in this page? :-D

Ordinary phones have great advantages, but you'd miss the mixture of fun and pain we enjoy here!

As a side note, Samsung has released the new "Galaxy Premier", which is almost as good as the S III, but with a Texas Instruments CPU (the guys that WILL support homebrew programmers!)
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    tromalas likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Where's the "not like" button in this page? :-D

Ordinary phones have great advantages, but you'd miss the mixture of fun and pain we enjoy here!
    Aahahah i don't miss nothing, cause my Pre3 will always standing by mi side
    Qualcomm S4 quad core 1.5 GHz, RAM 2 GB, 1280x768 - 320 PPI, WiFi e BT 4.0, NFC, 299$ , android 4.2 , do you call this ordinary phone?!?
    Does anybody think, that is the end of Mojo Whatsup?

I hope not.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    MojoWhatsup no longer works in the Netherlands... (Have send a TEST message to my Android phone an from there to my Pre2)
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    As mentioned above, it's not country dependant, I'm in Italy and some friends, android owners, are using it.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    i don't miss nothing, cause my Pre3 will always standing by mi side
    Nice to hear!

Qualcomm S4 quad core 1.5 GHz, RAM 2 GB... Do you call this ordinary phone?!?
    Precisely. Specifications don't excite me since long ago. Have in mind that those impressive specs will sound archaic in a couple of years... Enjoying the latest device has its edge, but what I get from webOS is something else that has nothing to do with technology (although provoked by it): Community.

Back on topic...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTucker2004 View Post
    Does anybody think, that is the end of Mojo Whatsup?
    Well, until now, Amoralico has never stopped fighting. The last change lookied exactly yhe same as this, and I got very scared. Also, have in mind that he shows up very very little in the forum. But he has delivered always!

While I do understand whatsapp as a company to want to have full control on their own product - service, they could either

1) make a client for people on not supported OS

or

2) discuss with whoever made 3rd party clients on such platforms, to come to an agreement and turn them into official clients

"we" ( not android - not ios - etc ) are surely not a Lot of people, but we're also not just a bunch you can count with the fingers of a hand... moreover option 2 has 0 costs for whatsapp as a company.
    If their issue is wasting "time" to program for niche OSes, they have 0 excuses once the work is premade by a 3rd party....
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    they could either

1) make a client for people on not supported OS
    Extra work for them with zero income.

2) discuss with whoever made 3rd party clients on such platforms, to come to an agreement and turn them into official clients
    That would be sensible. Third party unofficial clients exist anyway. The problem with this is that they would be accepting an irregular usage of their services, and we should agree that they are in their own right not to do so: It's their service, and they dictate who and how use it. At least they should provide a web app (with ads!) for anyone with a web browser to enjoy their service.

In all, this is a matter of reverse engineering, an ancient martial art in computing. And amoralico has shown a very, very fine kung-**!

Maybe yes, maybe no.

the core would be the reversed engineered library on "our" side, and the real closed one on their side

add a layer calling the api of the closed source one on "our" side, submit the new revision to them, let them link and compile with their own library, and send back to distribute.

They will never give out sources. they may never give out a .o , but they would have 0 risks in just doing themselves the linking in-house, isn't it ?
    Aahahah i don't miss nothing, cause my Pre3 will always standing by mi side
    Qualcomm S4 quad core 1.5 GHz, RAM 2 GB, 1280x768 - 320 PPI, WiFi e BT 4.0, NFC, 299$ , android 4.2 , do you call this ordinary phone?!?
    No keyboard no care.

ALTHOUGH... there IS the Galaxy Relay.
    eKeith likes this.
    Just another thought... can we have sort of a debug mode where we can enable a bit more verbose error messages instead of a generic "Login Failed"? Or is the response actually like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    No keyboard no care.
    I'm sure virtual keyboards can be better than physycal ones, once one gets used to it. Also, they are zero cost, you don't have to manufacture different ones for different languages, are as big as the device...

ALTHOUGH... there IS the Galaxy Relay.
    Qualcomm CPU, no support, unlike on TI OMAP.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    can enable a bit more verbose error messages instead of a generic "Login Failed"? Or is the response actually like that?
    It is. Clients just show what's inside the server response, and it goes no further than that. It should say "yes, we've changed things again, go figure which".

By the way, my collegaues here have perfectly Android working clients, and no one said it was updated with a newer version. How can it be?

Actually not really...

Yappari is working for the Maemo guys now: [Announce] Yappari - A WhatsApp client for the N900 ONLY - v0.0.25 - Page 209 - maemo.org - Talk

They do get an error saying:

wazapp is down..i tried getting to yappari n got the too many attemp wait 712 mins 712!!?!?.. well thats shows it might work
    Another thought: Not really cool to CUT SERVICE OFF in the middle of an effin hurricane. My sis kept trying to message me from her iPhone.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10/31/2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrah_il View Post
    You don't need to remove the previous version. Just install the new one (I copy the link to preware, but you can also d/l the file to your device first) and it overwrites the old one without losing your message history.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    The dev for Yappari (the other WhatsApp app on Maemo) just pointed out:

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius
    Wazapp and WhatsAPI use WhatsApp protocol 1.1 and that has been blocked for good.

They have to implement WhatsApp protocol 1.2 with a new dictionary, RC4 ecncryption and WAUTH mechanism.

We knew that was gonna happen that's why we gave priority to the new protocol so Yappari would never stop working.
    [Announce] Yappari - A WhatsApp client for the N900 ONLY - v0.0.25 - Page 209 - maemo.org - Talk
    And what does this mean for us?
    - still loving webOS -