Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    And here's a new version. (1.4.0).
    Hey there! I am using MojoWhatsup.

Thank you so much!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Gracias!
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    Amoralico sei un mito!!!
    Soon as possible i'll donate my little for you!
    Thanks again for your work, the new version rocks!
    I found a problem with the new emojis on pre3, the new icons in the emoji/1.5 are missing, there are the E001 - E537 ones only, in emoji view the new icons have a lower resolution, don't know the bug depends from it.
    Greets, Alex
    PS: Another donation is on the run!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Donated. Get the money and make fiesta!

Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    I know that it used to be that way, but since we can see the status on the contact list, I think that we need to send those numbers to the WA servers for them to return the status.

I think that an option for only see the status in the conversation window would be nice (only tell WA who you are talking to, not who you know)

Cheers
    JD
    That is true and in my eyes an option to turn the status on/off in contacts would be a good solution. This way people can decide for themselves whether they want WhatsUp to check every status or not.
    Thanks for you great update again! amoralico !!
    just want to suggest, if possible, to provide a option for the user to choose to save the contact pictures to a hidden folder or to the default folder in com.palm.mojowhatsup.
    Last edited by spbb; 10/26/2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo error
    Muchas gracias por tu trabajo realmente excelente!!
    solo encontre un problemita con los nuevos emoticons. Si yo lo envio si me aparece pero cuando a mi me los envian solo me aparecen un cuadrito y no el emoticon. Es de los nuevos que sea agregaron en esta version los que ya estaban en las anteriores funcionan como siempre..
    es decir puedo enviar los nuevos (y los veo en el mensaje) pero cuando me mandan uno de los nuevos no me aparecen
    GRACIAS!

Thank you very much for your really excellent work!
    just found a little problem with the new emoticons. If I sent it I se it but when they send me one a box appears only and not the emoticon. Is only the new ones added in this version, the ones already in the previous ones work as always ..
    Resuming I can send the new ones (and I see them in the post) but when I receive one of the new ones they do not appear
    THANKS!
    Last edited by katkiller; 10/26/2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: BAD google translate!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    't Blijven Spanjolen! ;-)
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    Excellent job!
    Well done buddy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTucker2004 View Post
    Where is 1.34? ;-)

I hope 1.33 is not the last Version.
    What about THAT! 1.4.0 with status and profile picture! GOD-darn-it amoralico!
    Excelente!
    You DA MAN! Amoralico for president-e indeed!
    Love the pict and status features on the profile!
    Some emoticons seem a little blurry.
    Donations on their way, right folks?!
    Keep it coming!
    Hello again to everyone,
    I've not forgotten you. These last two weeks I've been a bit busy with my job and with the new MojoWhatsup modifications.

And here's a new version. (1.4.0).
    https://github.com/amoralico/mojowhatsup/downloads

See the first post for changelog.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3353426

Enjoy it.
    Hello moralico. This is your paisana canaria from Miami. I am also very glad with your successful new version of MojoWhatsAp,.. your ideas are brilliant, chaval!
    I do have a couple of problems:
    I downloaded in my Veer via USB cable, a jpg picture that I can easily see it in the "miscellaneous' area in the 'preferences' menu of your software; but when I select it as my profile picture, the program 'hangs',.. I do not know what to do.

The second issue: I was unable to download your recent version direct from the notification that I received in my Veer from webOS: There was an “impossible to download” error,... I had to download it and save it in my laptop, connect my Veer via USB and download your version into my Veer using WebOSQuickInstall-4.4.0,... but is that normal?,... having internet service, why I'm not supposed to download your updates direct from your online notification? Do I need to get an additional application?
    Well pal,.. today is still Friday here in Florida, and probably you are “de marcha por Murcia” enjoying your recent success!!!. BUT PLEASE DON’T FORGET ME!
    (additional donation is gladly and proudly on the way)
    Ada.-
    MojoWhatsup v1.4.0 (alpha)
    ===========================
    MojoWhatsup is an IM application for Webos that allows you to chat with your Whatsapp friends

MojoWhatsup has been developed as a Webos hybrid app, i.e. a javascript webos app (based in Mojo framework) and a plugin (mojowhatsup_service_plugin) in C++. The plugin implements almost all Whatsapp communication API.

I've tested this app in my HP Veer and my Touchpad. I've also tested it in Pre 2, and Pre 3 emulators. It works for me but surely there will be bugs that I have not detected.
    Please test it on your own and if you find any troubles contact me.

INCLUDED FEATURES (GENERAL DESCRIPTION)
    ------------------
    - SMS registration.
    - Group and person chats.
    - Notification preferences (sound, vibration, banner, etc).
    - Emojis (thanks to tgalal, wazapp)
    - Sending and receiving media files (images, videso, audio, contacts, location).
    - Group creation (adding/removing contacts, change subject)
    - Seeing contacts status. Contacts are retreived from device contact databse.
    - Set/see personal status.
    - Set/see contacts/groups pictures.
    - New emoji set

NOT INCLUDED FEATURES
    ----------------------
    - Favorite contacts.

DOWNLOAD LINK
    --------------
    [new] v1.4.0 : https://github.com/downloads/amorali..._1.4.0_all.ipk
    v1.3.3 : https://github.com/downloads/amorali..._1.3.3_all.ipk
    v1.3.2 : https://github.com/downloads/amorali..._1.3.2_all.ipk
    v1.3.1 : https://github.com/downloads/amorali..._1.3.1_all.ipk
    v1.3.0 : https://github.com/downloads/amorali..._1.3.0_all.ipk
    v1.2.0 : https://github.com/downloads/amorali..._1.2.0_all.ipk
    v1.1.0 : https://github.com/downloads/amorali..._1.1.0_all.ipk

CHANGE LOG
    -------------------------
    v1.4.0 - October 26, 2012
    - Added change status feature
    - Added complete picture support: profile picture, group pictures and contact pictures
    - Added new emoji collection
    - Fixed some minor bugs

v1.3.3 - October 10, 2012
    - Workaround for last login problem

v1.3.2 - October 8, 2012
    - Added notification when a new version is available
    - German translation corrected and Russian translation added
    - Sends presence unavailable message when app is inactive, in backgraund or minimized
    - Fixed issue with messages not coming in background mode

v1.3.1 - October 5, 2012
    - Fixed contact load problem
    - Updated german and italian translations

v1.3.0 - October 5, 2012
    - Fixed registration problem (fail-old-version)
    - Added reduce image before sending in preferences
    - Added contacts phone types to import in preferences
    - Fixed Chinese translation
    - Added French translation
    - Added change language in preferences

v1.2.0 - October 1, 2012
    - Chinese translation (thanks to tonyw)
    - Updated scaled Pre3 icons (thanks to virox)
    - Added contacts status (in contacts list)
    - Fixed image thumb and image viewer (Pre3)
    - Other minor bugs fixed

v1.1.0 - September 26, 2012
    - German, italian, netherlands translations (thanks to Sonic-NKT, virox, cainvommars, DMeister, wMark90)
    - Problem importing all contacts fixed (thanks to capepe)
    - Pre3 1.5 folder with MojoWhatsup scaled icon (thanks to virox)
    - Orange/Ctrl + Enter sends message
    - Removed nojail statement
    - Fixed problem with screen orientation when returning from image viewer
    - Message font size included in preferences
    - Fixed some other minor bugs

v1.0.0 - September 21, 2012
    - Public release!
    - Max phone length corrected in account configuracion

INSTALLATION AND EXECUTION NOTES:
    -----------------------------------
    - Download above .ipk file. Install it in your device using Preware, Internalz or WebOSQuickInstall.
    - Maybe the first time you launch the app you will see an empty card. In this case relaunch application.
    - Due to the fact that is an hybrid app, the plugin has to be associated to a webos 'stage'. So, the only way to run it in background is minimizing as a dashboard stage.
    - Another problem I found is that webos blocks socket connections when device goes slepp after a few minutes. So, you cannot receive or send messages after wake up. To only way to keep awake device all the time is to use Power Manager service, but it really drains battery life. For this reason I added in preferences the possibility of choosing reconnection intervals when app is in backgroud (dashboard).

LICENSE
    --------
    Copyright (c) 2012, Antonio Morales <amoralico@gmail.com>

MojoWhatsup is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms
    of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation,
    either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

MojoWhatsup is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY;
    without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
    See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with MojoWhatsup.
    If not, see Licenses - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF).

CONTACT INFO
    ------------
    e-mail: amoralico@gmail.com

SOURCE CODE
    ------------
    I've upload source code to ginhub: https://github.com/amoralico/mojowhatsup

DONATE
    -------
    If this application has been useful for you or you liked it, please consider donating.
    I spent part of my spare time in the last three months to develop this application.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

ACKNOWLEDEMENTS
    -----------------
    I have been able to develop this application thanks to all Internet users who have previously spent their time selflessly to bring this application to unsupported devices.
    Thanks to Tarek Galal (tgalal) for "wazzapp", the whatsup client for Maemo devices.
    Thanks to "virox" from the webos nations forums for the application icon.
    Thanks also to the members of webosnations forums, in particular the "Whatsapp for Webos" thread.
    Thanks to "Eric Blade" (eblade), because surely the version he is developing will be much more suitable for webos devices than mine. I'm looking out a version that integrates with Synergy.
    In general thanks to whole internet community for their posts regarding this issue that have helped me a lot.
    And finally thanks to Palm and HP to develop the Webos operating system that has surprised me so much.
    Thanks to isagar2004 for helping with registration problem.

----------------

Enjoy it

Antonio Morales

P.D. Sorry for my english.
    Thanks a lot buddy for your great efforts. You ROCK!!
    Battery drain problem seems to have returned... off the charger at around an hour ago and now it's already 84%... App was in background mode.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Great Job!
    but battery drain problem are came back?! my battery dead soon now...
    Anything about the emoji bug?

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm wondering if a direct upgrade is possible or if the recomend way is delete the old one first.

In that case, will you keep the meesages or you have to copy the database as well?

Cheers