Page 27 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Same here, cant send / receive messages on my pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Same here, must be WhatsApp again playing around... They're really annoying lately...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    The maemo guy in their topic says something about an encryption change and that it could take a couple of weeks for him to do his version working again.
    I hope this will not be the case for us.
    Same here!! login failed..

I ´ve tried to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.3.2...but is the same..
    i´ve re-register...but nothing... "login failed"
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    The maemo guy in their topic says something about an encryption change and that it could take a couple of weeks for him to do his version working again.
    I hope this will not be the case for us.
    Hi guys,
    I was one of the happy owner of a nokia n900 and confirm the program block on maemo from the team of WhatsApp,

And now the same thing is happening on WebOS, a nightmare! Please someone help us ....
    if you click on sms code request, you get the message back

"fail-old-version"

maybe just an old http agent? which needs to be updated?
    Yes same here
    The problem is that s.whatsapp.net server is unreachable. You can register your clients because r.whatsapp.net is reachable (just try to ping it), but can't login because the server used to login is s.whatsapp.net.

So, making an educated guess, this can mean that no-one else can login to whatsapp (using the official client or any other client) because the server is down, or that whatsapp changed the server name, if official clients can login.

It's just my guess... All i know is that if i ping s.whatsapp.net i can't reach the host
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Sending and receiving posts fails..!

Did several tests this morning between my Samsung phone with Whatsapp for Android and my Pre2 with 2.2.4 and Whatsup 1.3.2.

- Whatsapp on my Samsung says it has seen my Pre2 last yesterday at 6.33 pm (± 18 hours now).
    - Messages sent from my Samsung seem to be delivered according to Whatsapp on my Samsung, but no sign of these messages on my Palm Pre2.
    Last edited by steinhage; 10/10/2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: 1.3.2 instead off 1.3.1 + 18 hours
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    okay if s.whatsapp.net is closed now

we need to sniff the communication of working device to find the new host then?

has anyone the possibility to sniff the connection of a working device?
    Last edited by DarthM; 10/10/2012 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hassenzio View Post
    Hi guys,
    I was one of the happy owner of a nokia n900 and confirm the program block on maemo from the team of WhatsApp,
    But they can not know the device. It's true the client sends your IMEI, but it's hashed, thus imposible to decode in their servers.

Also, about that server not responding to PING, it can be perfectly normal: A lot of servers are told NOT to respond to ICMP packets, while they perform their services perfectly. To check for a service correctly, you have to TELNET to the specific port, which I believe it's the regular one for the XMPP protocol.

It's strange that the Whazaa thread has no complains, can it be that Whazaa does know better how to talk to the server, hence it still works? Or Whazaa people have started complaining already?
    Unfortunately, history repeats itself, I can confirm that those Whazaa have managed to block all copies that ran on maemo, absurd!!

Meanwhile, I can confirm that on my iPAD, WhatsApp for iOS works perfectly!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    It's strange that the Whazaa thread has no complains, can it be that Whazaa does know better how to talk to the server, hence it still works? Or Whazaa people have started complaining already?
    Since the Whazaa code on github hasn't been updated for a month - due to eblade's reallife crashing in to the fullest - Whazaa already missed the last round of useragent-change. And since none of his closed-beta testers has made a pull request via github, I assume the work on Whazaa will have to wait until eblade finds some time to work on it.

The Whazaa people might not complain, because they want to give him the time he needs until he can return, and don't want to bother him with WhatsApp-login problems that might re-occur until he's back.

cheers,
    Proximity
    Whazaa has not been working since eblade went for a week and a half off about a month ago. With his current personal circumstances he has other things on his mind, so I'm sure nobody bothered him about it.
    Proximity likes this.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I think jmarcos refers to wazapp or something which is another meego app for WhatsApp I could be wrong though.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Hi everyone,

I stuffed my spare pixi plus with Webos 2.1 according to the Posts of John Steffes in another Thread in this Forum.

Then I installed MojoWhatsup and was in good hope to the thingi to work on my Pixi, but.......same thing as under 1.4.5. white display and nothing to klick and kleck.
    Maybe the Display-Size, but i Think, its the same as Veer, and it works on the veer.....

So its again pretty unusable and I dont understand why.

Other findings cocerning the Pixis outthere standing in the Rain ?

Cheers

Achim
    @DarthM

m.whatsapp.net is responding if you ping it.

Do you know what is it for?

And how do we change the server in the app, i cannot find any file inside de apk with the server.

Thanks!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    You da MAN amoralico! DA MAN!!!

UPDATE: Just downloaded it on TP and worked flawlesly!!! DA MAN amoralico! UPDATE: Works also on my Preł!
    Donations for your efforts in a bit! ;-)
    Last edited by ajguns; 10/10/2012 at 12:36 PM.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    The customers of the original WA-clients would be thankful if they could get such a great supports by their developers. You're doing an awesome job - if it goes on that way you'll get just another donation
    jcmarcos likes this.