Page 25 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes
    A few more queries:
    1. Why does the app always need to run in the notification area? Why can't it just show a notification when there is a new message. It seems silly for it to always be in the notification area stating "There are no unread messages".
    2. Is it not possible to only list contacts (numbers) who are using Whatsapp?
    3. How can one change one's status message?
    4. What does the time shown against each contact, represent?
    5. How does one know if the contact you want to message is available on Whatsapp at the moment or not?

Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I found a bug in the German translation ... it means "Beenden" instead of "Ausgang"
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    A few more queries:
    1. Why does the app always need to run in the notification area? Why can't it just show a notification when there is a new message. It seems silly for it to always be in the notification area stating "There are no unread messages".
    5. How does one know if the contact you want to message is available on Whatsapp at the moment or not?

Thanks.
    1. This has been explained by amoralico many times in the previous pages. It is a hybrid mojo app. You can look at the first pages of this topic. It's unfortunately a limitation of the app.
    2. From what I know this is how WhatsApp works. It loads the whole contact list. The only difference there is I believe in other OSes is that there is a "favourite" tab.
    3. I don't believe it can be done in webOS version.
    4. Do you mean in the chats? It's the timestamp of the message.
    5. If you tap on a contact a chat window opens up. You see the name of the contact and his last activity. For example "(2 Oct 2012) Sanjay" or "today 13.58 Loiter". If the person has the app open then you see "Online Sanjay". If the person is currently writing something to you you see "(typing) Sanjay".
    Please have in mind that in iPhone or Android there is an option for the user to not provide the "last activity timestamp". Then you cannot see this information, unless he is currently using the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    A few more queries:

Thanks.
    1. has been answered serval times in the thread
    2. has been answered serval times in the thread
    3. has been answered serval times in the thread
    4. has been answered serval times in the thread
    5. has been answered serval times in the thread

You have over a thousand postings, you should know the search button. Sorry but this thread gets very huge mostly for questions already answered lot of times. Well i just saw loiter just repeated everything another time
    hi my friends, I've installed the version 1.3.1 on my TouchPad and it works really good. But I don't have "contacts" to add because i don't have them on the TP but only on the phone (I have a pixi plus, i can't install whatsup on it...), so:
    1) how can i do to add contacts? can i write theyr phone numbers and add them?
    2) I can chat if someone writes to me for first. How can i add a contact from the "conversations"?

Thank you a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigiolandia View Post
    hi my friends, I've installed the version 1.3.1 on my TouchPad and it works really good. But I don't have "contacts" to add because i don't have them on the TP but only on the phone (I have a pixi plus, i can't install whatsup on it...), so:
    1) how can i do to add contacts? can i write theyr phone numbers and add them?
    A) If you only have your contacts in your Palm Profile or not in a cloud account (google, yahoo, EAS) and you don't mind to have your contacts of the pixi in the touchpad, you could export all contacts and reimport them by mailing the .vcf file and opening it, or transfering it via USB and opening it with internalz fileexplorer. Be aware that this will add all contacts to your standard contacts account profile on the TP, so look there before you have double entries. You could also edit the .vcf with a UTF-8 enabled text editor before importing and so removing unwanted contacts.
    B) if you have a cloud account with contacts in, just add this account in the touchpad and your contacts get synced there.
    Why no works in webos 2.1 in palm pixi plus??????
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    A) If you only have your contacts in your Palm Profile or not in a cloud account (google, yahoo, EAS) and you don't mind to have your contacts of the pixi in the touchpad, you could export all contacts and reimport them by mailing the .vcf file and opening it, or transfering it via USB and opening it with internalz fileexplorer. Be aware that this will add all contacts to your standard contacts account profile on the TP, so look there before you have double entries. You could also edit the .vcf with a UTF-8 enabled text editor before importing and so removing unwanted contacts.
    B) if you have a cloud account with contacts in, just add this account in the touchpad and your contacts get synced there.
    Thank you a lot. i don't have a cloud account... Hope it's not hard to do the A step... :-)
    Thanx
    Last edited by gigiolandia; 10/06/2012 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    Here is a new version that fixes the contacts load problem.
    I think this weekend I'll take a break of MojoWhatsup.
    New 1.3.1 version already rockin' here, great work again! Truely, you deserve an easy weekend!
    Hi Amoralico,

you did a great job! SMS-registration worked and now I am online!

Very well done! Thank you.

Dietmar
    thank you!

absolutely excellent!
    Hello. I've had 1.0.0 and 1.2.0 MojoWhatsUp version and never had a problem with contacts (other than having to change contacts phone to mobile when they weren't already). But with version 1.3.1 doesn't add me a new contact which I entered and specifically marked his cell phone as a mobile number. Well, I have exited and re-entered the app several time and this specific contact is not found.
    Please help,
    P.S.: I don't think it matters but I say it so you take under consideration: I didn't used my Mac to download the .ipk; instead, I used "Download That" app on my TouchPad and Pre³ and then used Preware. Everything works just fine but that issue.
    Nice app,is already working on my palm pre webos 2.1 carrier telcel,in the next versions will be this app whit synergy services?it will be awesome! Thanks amoraico for your great app! Greetings from mexico to everybody!
    1. has been answered serval times in the thread
    2. has been answered serval times in the thread
    3. has been answered serval times in the thread
    4. has been answered serval times in the thread
    5. has been answered serval times in the thread

You have over a thousand postings, you should know the search button. Sorry but this thread gets very huge mostly for questions already answered lot of times. Well i just saw loiter just repeated everything another time
    I think it would be more useful if you point at where in the thread it was answered already. Not everyone is as handy with a search tool as others.
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    You have over a thousand postings, you should know the search button.
    I think it would be more useful if you point at where in the thread it was answered already. Not everyone is as handy with a search tool as others.
    I agree with both Gizmo and Pepe, if that's possible. One should compile all that answers, available in the thread, and ask Amoralico to add them to a "FAQ" section in the first post.

Meanwhile, enjoy this great app!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Updated to 1.3.1, never had contacts issue and still no contacts issue.

As for the issue with messages not coming through in background mode, had that in 1.2.0, not sure in 1.3.1. I'm thinking usually it's when data gets cut out when app is in background mode, it cannot reconnect back. For sure it happens in 1.2.0, since I opened the app, 48 messages in my group chat popped through.

Also noticing occasionally in an active chat, messages not coming through but they actually did. I have to backswipe then re-enter the chat for the incoming messages to show.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    hm,

somewhere you can read about 1.4.5 as "Ancient" stuff. Hello, It is only 2-3 Years "old".

We pixi-users love our device, because of this unbeatabe Formfactor. But we are not responsible that HP never made a 2.x version of WebOS for us, despite it is Possible, like other webosnation authors showed us.

Using this hacked version has some issues, which are very hard to live with. No Access to AppCatalog. No Uberkernel for Pixi under 2.1, so the Batterie will drain very fast etc. No official support.

So it would be VERY interesting to have this smooth little piece of software on WebOS 1.4.5 too.

What is the Problem, amoralico has written somewhere, that he heard, that it will be not trivial to port it to 1.4.5. Why one have to port this. It is WEBOS, can somebody explain here, where the differences are, that we have to port it to webos 1.4.5.

There is Mojo for WebOS 1.4.5 and that one can develop PDK-Apps for 1.4.5, is prooven be several Authors, esp. Jappus with his new preader.

This post shoukld not be seen as bad critizism, only asking for understanding.

And maybe there is somebody out there, who will have a look on the Souce and can say, what has to be done, to bring whatsup to us.

Will this develeopment of eric blade aim to the same direction, that 1.4.5ers are outside, or can we hope here or there?

Thanx for your work antonio, but the Pixiers are tanding outside of the door.

Cheers

Achim from germany.

P.S.: if Somebody of the developpers is in Need to have a Pixiplus-device for testing and debugging ask me with PN, i have one, which recentliy was used by jappus to elimiate a Bug in his Preader-Version, which prevents it to work on Pixies.
    igal22 likes this.
  18.    #498  
    This version solves some problems receiving messages in background and shows a notification dialog when a new version is available.

Download and changes in:
    MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    Wow, Amoralico, update works on Pre3 and touchpad, thank you so much

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    u rock!