Page 16 of 142 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Already enyoing the new version, thanks for allowing a bigger font. You haven't found time to add that network availabilty check, in order to save battery? I saw nothing about that in your changes log.
    I've added some code but not tested yet. When internet is not available the app doesn't try to reconnect so it is supposed to keep asleep until connection is available again.
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Updated last night, seems like the checkmarks are acting weird. I send a message, it'll get stuck in the clock pending, I have to back out to chats list then re-enter the chat for it to go green checkmark, then read checkmark.
    As someone who is new to whatsapp. If I put the check for messages on say every hour, is there still a way to manually get messages? I am asking this with battery drain in mind, as whatsapp on any platform seems to be a drain.

Also amoralico are you planning on working with eblade or keep the two versions separate?
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    As someone who is new to whatsapp. If I put the check for messages on say every hour, is there still a way to manually get messages?
    While app is in full screen messages are received as they arrive. Intervals are valid only when app is in dashboardview (small icon in notification bar). In this case to see if messages have arrived you have to relaunch app by clicking on the app icon (in your list of apps) or tapping on the dashboard panel.

Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Also amoralico are you planning on working with eblade or keep the two versions separate?
    Eblade's project is more ambitious than mine. He's trying to integrate Whatsapp with the Webos messenger application.
    I don't think I will get involved in his project because it is necessary to have great skill in Webos programming an I'm just a beginner. It would take me long time to learn how Synergy works, and sincerelly I haven't got. For the moment I will keep working in my version.
    tromalas likes this.
    any new for 1.4.5 web os users?
    That's great! This app work on my Veer.
    It is not working for me in my pre 3 and a friend with a pre 2. we are in Argentina. we are able to register, get the code and even send messages.

We EVEN get the check mark as message sent but the other person never receives it and we are unable to receive too.

Anybody has any idea about what's going on?

Thanks!

Regards///
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Is there a way to disable or fully close the app?
    I don't like messages arriving in the middle of the night and turn airplane mode on is overkill on my book
    Cheers
    JD
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Thanks amoralico for your effort to develop this app! After all those year, I can finally tell my friends using other smartphone that my smartphone do support Whatsapps.

Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    To be clear. The only way to run in background without showing MojoWhatsup banner Webos is creating a service or integrating with Synergy, which can not be done because I am using a hybrid application (with plugin).
    I am not a developer, but in my understanding, those twitter apps work in "pull" mode by using "alarm" service to call them to work at specified time.
    But MojoWhatsup work in "push" mode, right? Do you mean it is inefficient/difficult for hybrid app to do all those tasks (start background service, login, etc) in 30 seconds time-frame?
    You can exit and close the app it from the menu
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    First of all, thanks for all the effort you are putting into this!

Minor issue:
    On the Touchpad, opening up the help screen, there is no way to get back out. (well we can throw the card away.)
    Great job, amoralico, I'm using my Pre 3 again now. Will make a PayPal donation as soon as my card is accepted.

Also, do you think you will be able to support only the listing of contacts that do also have WhatsApp installed? Currently I see my entire address book and I doubt that suddenly all my friends installed WhatsApp

Thank you and keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by EfrainJ7 View Post
    any new for 1.4.5 web os users?
    Amoralico told me that he has problems in "downgrading" the app to the 1.4.5 version...

I hope that someone can create a fix for this... :-(

Please help the webos 1.4.5 users.......... :-)
    Last edited by gigiolandia; 09/28/2012 at 02:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    @amoralico:
    Is it true your client is "more secure" in terms of authentication so that your client is not sending the plain IMEI or MAC the server, but additionally using the hashed password? German Forum discussing this (google translate helps):
    "Whatsapp" für webOS - Neuer Versuch einer "Welle"! - Allgemein - Nexave Palmforum
    Not that this secures the plaintext messages that could be read in open WIFIs, but could one send messages knowing my IMEI/MAC and telephone number via that web API after i registered my account via your app?
    If i understand correctly an attacker would need my password hash too, cause this forms the UID?
    Perhaps you can also tell some details what "the app loads all the mobile contacts" means? So they are loaded offline in my device and what is then transfered to the servers? All my mobile numbers appearing *in your app and their names or only numbers and names i get to chat with?
    Could you shortly reply on this, as there are also comments on this account-overtaking security issue on the WebosNation main blog article.
    Quote Originally Posted by dozel View Post
    screenshots of UI =) it's working excelent, i found..i think one bug, when download a video and the playing finish the touchpad is reboted, sorry for my bad english haaha.
    Question, when it works with the Touchpad, what phone # does one use? I have a Pre3 and a Touchpad, and I have mojowhasup working on the Pre3.
    Do I need a Touchpad 4G to make it work? Or do I simpl give it the Pre3 phone #.
    Also, I have a Novatel MiFi 2372 to suply wifi to the Touchpad , and the sim inside has its own phone #. Should I use the SIM phone # when I am connected though the MiFi?

thanks for clearing it up.
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Could you shortly reply on this, as there are also comments on this account-overtaking security issue on the WebosNation main blog article.
    Regarding authentication, MojoWhatsup does not use IMEI nor MAC as the password base. MojoWhatsup registers a transformation of the password you enter. So if someone wants to use your account with another "unofficial" client or API they must know your password and the transformation algorithm, or the transformated password.

As has been published in various forums Whatsapp permits un-encrypted communications (and MojoWhatsup and other ofFicial/unofficial clients/APIs use it), so the transformated password can be obtained by an attacker using network tools if you are into an open wifi (or hacked wifi). What really has effect for authentication is the transformated password not the password you enter in MojoWhatsup. The good news is that transformated password is not reversible, so at least the attacker cannot know your original password. The bad news are that if the attacker knows your mobile phone and your transformated password then he can use your account, and see what you are sending.

Regarding contacts MojoWhatsup does not transfer them to Whatsapp servers. But when you chat with one of them your are transfering their phone number (because it is their user id in Whatsapp). As I said before, this number and messages are unencrypted (plain text).

So, my suggestion is that if you use MojoWhatsup (or even any other client / API) do not connect to a public open wifi network.

The big question is. Why Whatsapp has not already removed the unsecured connections and replaced them by secure ones? Making a connection secure without changing the protocol is very easy, simply adding a secure layer to communication (SSL).
    Last edited by amoralico; 09/28/2012 at 06:17 AM.
    jcmarcos and lephilwld like this.
  17.    #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmarvin View Post
    Thanks amoralico for your effort to develop this app! After all those year, I can finally tell my friends using other smartphone that my smartphone do support Whatsapps.

I am not a developer, but in my understanding, those twitter apps work in "pull" mode by using "alarm" service to call them to work at specified time.
    But MojoWhatsup work in "push" mode, right? Do you mean it is inefficient/difficult for hybrid app to do all those tasks (start background service, login, etc) in 30 seconds time-frame?
    But Whatsapp is supossed to be an instant messaging service, so it need a permanent connection. Keeping a permanent connection open without sending data is not inefficient. The problem is that Webos blocks these connections when enters in sleep mode.

With the hybrid aproximation its not possible to send app to background without showing the icon at the bottom.
    To achieve that I would have to change all the plugin part and recode it as a Webos service (in javasript, not C++) and that is not as simple as it seeems.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Has anyone got this working on a Pre3 in the UK?

I installed fine and got an SMS code back (keeps changing each time I request). Then I used this code to register and got a text back but when I try to log in I just get the message 'Login failed' every time.

I tried changing the SMS value to the one returned by the registration but it made no difference.

Help!

Thanks.

BTW, I did not prefix either country or phone number with a 0. 44 was the country code and no prefix on the number. I'm pretty sure I did this right as both the SMS request and the register resulted in an SMS coming back.
    Area code; use 44
    Phone Number; Remove '0' infront of 07........ e.g 07123456789 you put 7123456789, you r good to go. i m in London, and it works fine for me.
    WhatsApp threatens legal action against API developers - The H Security: News and Features

Has anyone heard about this yet? heise is a reliable source btw.
    Missing contacs issue fixed with 1.1.0 in my Pre3. Thanks again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Rnp likes this.