Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    I didn't see anything about it pulling down messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So is the suggestion that the app is connecting to the server (and didn't before), showing recent messages, but not able to post new ones? in other words, it has regained an ability to act as a message viewer at least? Or has nothing actually changed?
    No.

Before, the MWU received the error because the server was refusing login...

But now, the MWU cannot connect the server... maybe has changed the server name...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    yes, preeemptive, you remember correctly. This app uses the connector available for a Nokia S something... it seems our troubles are going to escalate from a "waiting for someone to manage to analyze and fix / or rewrite" towards a "we need a more direct approach = to the one used by all those banned by now clients".

The meego community has a working community made client, I'm assuming that any constructive discussion about this new development may be ongoing there
    yes, preeemptive, you remember correctly. This app uses the connector available for a Nokia S something... it seems our troubles are going to escalate from a "waiting for someone to manage to analyze and fix / or rewrite" towards a "we need a more direct approach = to the one used by all those banned by now clients".

The meego community has a working community made client, I'm assuming that any constructive discussion about this new development may be ongoing there
    Hi all,

I just read an article on the German technews page heise.de which is not very encouraging: whatsapp ends the support for many plattforms by the end of the year
    https://blog.whatsapp.com/10000617/W...mobile-devices

So even if someone manages to revive mojowhatsup...

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Hi all,

I just read an article on the German technews page heise.de which is not very encouraging: whatsapp ends the support for many plattforms by the end of the year
    https://blog.whatsapp.com/10000617/W...mobile-devices

So even if someone manages to revive mojowhatsup...

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    The Firefox OS guys created OpenWapp using CoSeMe library which might be easier to port for the future, since it's all web technology instead of hybrid C++/Mojo which anyway isn't supported on LuneOS.

With the up to date web rendering stack in LuneOS, I guess it wouldn't take too much work for a talented dev to get this working with the FFOS HTML5 version. With regards to legacy webOS, it might be a bit harder. But if someone would do the UI in Enyo 2 and use CoSeMe backend (assuming it works), then I guess this would be doable as well?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    wouldn't that be cut off due to the announcement ? Or cause a ban, like with the apps that were forcefully blocked on github when whatsapp complained ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    wouldn't that be cut off due to the announcement ? Or cause a ban, like with the apps that were forcefully blocked on github when whatsapp complained ?
    It will always be the chicken & egg story to be honest. Same with iOS and Jailbreak. A loophole gets fixed a new exploit gets found etc.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Well, anything bringing back whatsapp to (also) legacy would surely be appreciated.
    A way to get the telegram lune client to work under legacy would also be cute... the browser version gets stuck (waiting forever) on generating the keys both under 2.2.4 and 3.0.5
    Well, anything bringing back whatsapp to (also) legacy would surely be appreciated.
    A way to get the telegram lune client to work under legacy would also be cute... the browser version gets stuck (waiting forever) on generating the keys both under 2.2.4 and 3.0.5
    So, we're not going to get any update or other app to use WhatsApp. I love my new Pre 2, in 2016.

Awesome OS really, AWESOME. I still waiting an OS better that webOS.

I used iOS and Android. And I'm watching things that doesn't exist on them.

Imagine in a parallel universe where Palm not sell, and the developers focused on webOS to develop apps. Imagine that, NOW. I can't imagine how good would be.

Edit:

Have someone saw THIS? If someone can port for us. Would be awesome.
    Last edited by webOSiPetahh; 05/20/2016 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSiPetahh View Post
    So, we're not going to get any update or other app to use WhatsApp. I love my new Pre 2, in 2016.

Awesome OS really, AWESOME. I still waiting an OS better that webOS.

I used iOS and Android. And I'm watching things that doesn't exist on them.

Imagine in a parallel universe where Palm not sell, and the developers focused on webOS to develop apps. Imagine that, NOW. I can't imagine how good would be.

Edit:

Have someone saw THIS? If someone can port for us. Would be awesome.
    Someone could ported to web os ?? Would be the bum .. I am willing to donate to developer to

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Someone could ported to web os ?? Would be the bum .. I am willing to donate to developer to

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
    I'll be very happy to donate too for getting WhatsApp in my lovely Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSiPetahh View Post
    I'll be very happy to donate too for getting WhatsApp in my lovely Pre
    whatsapp is impossible. perhaps telegram .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    telegram cannot be ported to legacy
    @joshua764

Not even using the Python Yowsup libraries?

Barry
    Hi,
    yesterday I was throwing away some older magazines and I found an article of using WhatsApp by script (here is an excerpt of the article in german and translated by Google into english).
    I read that the yowsup libraries were discussed already some times and there were some researches before. Did these researches lead to some conclusions so far?
    The article is already one year old and I read that there were some changes in WhatsApp in between. But the yowsup libraries were last updated in May 2016, so maybe the article may still be valid (?).

I have no ambitions to code a Whatsapp client because I'm no member of Whatsapp. But I like the idea to eventually have a possibility to send a message to my daughter and get a message back from her. This would be only one of the first steps for a very simple client.

But I don't know much about Python. Is it possible to run Python 2.6+ scripts on webos 2.X? Or is this the first big problem?