Page 139 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Is this any use?
    https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

I saw it tweeted. I'm thinking OSX is a bit like BSD, UNIX, Linux -> webOS? Maybe some useful code here?
    https://github.com/stonesam92/WhatsM...ses/tag/v1.0.0
    "This client of the popular instant messaging application is based on WhatsApp Web, so that to use it you have to pair it with your mobile phone by following these steps: select the app on your smartphone the WhatsApp Web option to turn on the scanner and then read the QR code shown in WhatsMac."

I would say of no use
    Care to elaborate?

If we assume a MAC app would run on webOS (IT WON'T), then possibly, a user could borrow a phone from a Whatsapp friend and login one time (to the Android /iOS app) to authorise the (webOS) app.

I was just thinking that it appears to be OSS code that works with Whatsapp, so could be adaptable to webOS, not directly ported.
    Care to elaborate?

If we assume a MAC app would run on webOS (IT WON'T), then possibly, a user could borrow a phone from a Whatsapp friend and login one time (to the Android /iOS app) to authorise the (webOS) app.

I was just thinking that it appears to be OSS code that works with Whatsapp, so could be adaptable to webOS, not directly ported.
    ok, elaborating :

now you can easily use whatsapp on a windows pc, inside a browser. The problem is that the whatsapp webapp , to work, requires a working and active app on an android/ios phone. So basically the phone acts as a bridge...

It would be pointless to port a 3rd party trick to run the webapp in the ondevice browser, because then you would anyway need an active phone with android/ios and your usual sim on it..
    You cannot use bluestacks, too, since scanning a qr code in app is required (and anyway keeping bluestacks active just for this would be quite annoying)
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

Me again. I just was thinking if its a possible way to habe a tablet with Android and running WhatsApp on it. To have it on the phone I thought about connecting the tablet via VNC or something like that...

Best regards

Frederik
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

Me again. I just was thinking if its a possible way to habe a tablet with Android and running WhatsApp on it. To have it on the phone I thought about connecting the tablet via VNC or something like that...

Best regards

Frederik
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    Hello,

Best regards

Frederik
    Hello. if it's posible. install WhatsApp on android. Then ask for confirmation on your phone. turn off your mobile data and wait for the SMS with the 6 checkers digits, as you arrive in digital tablet.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Yes, WhatsApp on the TouchPad runs fine. Accessing the TP via VNC from my Pre3 would be great. :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Touchpad is on WebOS?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    No, unfortunately its on Android 4.4.4.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    The solution suggested above with virtualization/VNC is not really elegant but quite easy to setup and works.

If you feel like trying (and don't mind having a third party computer running to allow you to access android remotely) :

The Genymotion part :
    - get and install Genymotion free version
    - once installed, chose one device, for instance Google Galaxy Nexus, and setup a custom screen res (for the veer, I chose 320x400 - 160 dpi, with the Pre3 you can have much better)
    - run the device, install google apps (download gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip on the net for API18 devices) to access the store and download whatsapp, or just directly download whatsapp apk if you can find it on the net. To install gapps or appk directly drag and drop files on the device window (further instructions here if you need)
    - setup whatsapp (will end you an SMS on your phone for activation, just copy/paste the URL in the android browser to proceed with the activation)
    - if you're google account is properly configured, you should be able to use whatsapp normally on the emulator

The VNC part :
    - I use TightVNC but any VNC server should work. VNC has the nice functionnality allowing to crop the screen portion you want to share on a specific port TightVNC service configuration/Extra Ports/Add...) so you can share just the android screen if you want
    - Use any VNC client on you WebOS device
    - If you have no VNC client to use, you can use my novnc experimental port (see here) prprpr $use$ $the$ $specific$ $version$ $that$ $I$ $attach$ $to$ $this$ $post$ ($this$ $version$ $maximizes$ $the$ $window$ $size$ $but$ $you$ $lose$ $the$ $top$ $bar$ $and$ $you$ $cannot$ $move$ $in$ $the$ $VNC$ $so$ $you$ $have$ $to$ $set$ $the$ $screen$ $size$ $carefully$. $A$ $way$ $of$ $improvement$ $could$ $be$ $to$ $add$ $the$ $abililty$ $to$ $use$ $tht$ $ctrl$ $key$ $to$ $switch$ $between$ $panning$ $and$ $interaction$ $in$ $the$ $page$, $but$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $I$ $can$ $change$ $the$ $useMouseEvents$ $attribute$ $of$ $a$ $webview$ $after$ $setup$. $I$ $will$ $try$ $it$. $If$ $you$ $use$ $novnc$, $do$ $not$ $forget$ $to$ $use$ $websockify$ $to$ $bridge$ $VNC$ $server$ $with$ $a$ $socket$ ($download$ $from$ here, then start typing for instance websockify.exe 192.168.0.1:5901 192.168.0.1:5900, assuming the first param is the IP and port of the socket you create and the second one is the one of the VNC server.

So this solution not elegant at all, but if you really need whatsapp (or any android app not using sound, GPS, complex graphics etc...), it can help !

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Seems the guys at Jolla/Sailfish have Whatsup. I asked the author if it's open source and what language it's written in. Might be quite easy to port to LuneOS in case it's QT/QML

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    We all hope the best. I love my veer and donīt need any apps, except this damn messenger.
    If there will be someday a Whatsapp App for the LG WebOS TVs, maybe this can be ported?

Also how about whatsapp web? The only problem is to fake the user-agent and maybe, maybe, maybe it will work. Of course you need another phone to scan the QR code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Seems the guys at Jolla/Sailfish have Whatsup. I asked the author if it's open source and what language it's written in. Might be quite easy to port to LuneOS in case it's QT/QML

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    They had: maemo.org - Talk - View Single Post - [ANNOUNCEMENT] Whatsup on Jolla

I cannot repeat if often enough: Stop making 3rd party WhatsApp apps. You will get problems.

I would recommend it anyways, but that's not part of this thread.
    well... if they don't want to have 3rd party apps, they should provide the apps to the ones left out of support.
    I can understand the idea behind having full control and not having 3rd party alongside their own client, but is not like they were making a jolla client , and so on.
    Is anybody able to compile the Whatsup c++ code? I'm having difficulty with it. Who has some valuable tips?
    I remember that amoralico, in probably his last post in this thread, wrote what he used to compile the toolchain.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    It's a pity that there is no Whatsapp for WebOS
    I know