Page 133 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
  1. gsfx's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #2641  
    WhatsApp won´t help us. They do not want us. Better: They want us to use iOS, Android, WindowsPhone or Blackberry. Why? Because they offer an official client for these operating systems. And WhatsApp wants all users to use the official client. WebOS is a small operating system, only used by a minority of people. Thats why WhatsApp does not program a client for us. Its much effort for a small number of users. If you think that WhatsApp helps us you watched too many Hollywood films or it is most likely that you believe in Santa Claus.

    ToniCipriani, mazzinia and may others are right. We have to develop the client on our own. And WhatsApp should not know, that do that. Unfortunately I programmed with visual basic in the past, some of the C languages would be more useful these days. Whats really good: Amoralico did great work. Now we have to find how we can implement the protocol 1.4 or 1.5 into the code Amoralico left us.

    Best regards

    Fred
  2. #2642  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    WhatsApp won´t help us. They do not want us. Better: They want us to use iOS, Android, WindowsPhone or Blackberry. Why? Because they offer an official client for these operating systems. And WhatsApp wants all users to use the official client. WebOS is a small operating system, only used by a minority of people. Thats why WhatsApp does not program a client for us. Its much effort for a small number of users. If you think that WhatsApp helps us you watched too many Hollywood films or it is most likely that you believe in Santa Claus.

    ToniCipriani, mazzinia and may others are right. We have to develop the client on our own. And WhatsApp should not know, that do that. Unfortunately I programmed with visual basic in the past, some of the C languages would be more useful these days. Whats really good: Amoralico did great work. Now we have to find how we can implement the protocol 1.4 or 1.5 into the code Amoralico left us.

    Best regards

    Fred
    Ironic part is, WhatsApp has a Symbian client which works...

    Granted S40 is actually still popular amongst non-smartphones.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3. #2643  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Ironic part is, WhatsApp has a Symbian client which works...

    Granted S40 is actually still popular amongst non-smartphones.
    know if someone is working to fix this? regards
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    WhatsApp won´t help us. They do not want us. Better: They want us to use iOS, Android, WindowsPhone or Blackberry. Why? Because they offer an official client for these operating systems. And WhatsApp wants all users to use the official client. WebOS is a small operating system, only used by a minority of people. Thats why WhatsApp does not program a client for us. Its much effort for a small number of users. If you think that WhatsApp helps us you watched too many Hollywood films or it is most likely that you believe in Santa Claus.

    ToniCipriani, mazzinia and may others are right. We have to develop the client on our own. And WhatsApp should not know, that do that. Unfortunately I programmed with visual basic in the past, some of the C languages would be more useful these days. Whats really good: Amoralico did great work. Now we have to find how we can implement the protocol 1.4 or 1.5 into the code Amoralico left us.

    Best regards

    Fred
    know if someone is working to fix this? regards
  4. gsfx's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #2644  
    I don’t know...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5. #2645  
    Any news? Can we hope to get a fix?

    Thanks!

    Oliver
  6. #2646  
    I'm having a hard time compiling the Whatsup C++ code. Is anybody able to compile the code? I can use some hints.
    Currently my first approach is to compile for the emulator, under Windows. I use the Codebench toolchain from Mentor, and use Cygwin and a makefile to compile.
    I hope there are other developers out there with more knowledge about this area.
    Rnp likes this.
  7. #2647  
    do we know how much has been donated so far?
  8. #2648  
    Whatsapp don't want third party developers, see the end of WhatsApp plus and WhatsAppMD.
    I have Whatsapp for Android running on the Touchpad with ACL now, but this is unfortunately no way for Pre2 / Pre3.
  9. nideiki's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #2649  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nelson View Post
    Whatsapp don't want third party developers, see the end of WhatsApp plus and WhatsAppMD.
    I have Whatsapp for Android running on the Touchpad with ACL now, but this is unfortunately no way for Pre2 / Pre3.
    WhatsApp Plus is back since few days now. I installed it on my HTC One and it works just fine. So the fix is there. It is the protocol.
  10. #2650  
    yes, the fix is the protocol indeed... now we just need a working toolchain to compile the app, in order to then fix it ( or amoralico ... )
  11. #2651  
    Good morning,
    -unfortunately I don't have suffisant skill to program the protocol evolution and my SDK/ECLIPSE is not complete. Idon't have the webos/java plugin to compile.

    -I write to Pablo San Emeterio Lopez, R&D Software Engineer. Man that proove reciently fail security in whatsapp, bur not answer for the moment.

    -j-
    Last edited by GOREFESTOR; 02/12/2015 at 12:42 AM.
  12. #2652  
    Are there no tool chain instructions in the repository? I don't know this stuff, but it seems odd to have the code available with no method of building it.
    https://github.com/amoralico/mojowhatsup

    Oh, of course! I looked at the link and, "DCMA takedown"...

    Where is the source code located? Bhutten has it, even if he's having trouble building it...

    Maybe amoralico is working on this, but if not, I expect he would supply build instructions. His email is in the first post.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/11/2015 at 09:00 AM.
  13. #2653  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhutten View Post
    Hi All,

    I've downloaded the source code of the Whatsapp app Yappari (this app is not for WebOS of course), version 1.1.55 and the latest 2.0.2. The difference between these version is an upgrade of the Whatsapp protocol. They implemented the new protocol! I believe this is really what we need. I compared the C++ code and found that the source code is really looking the same as the MojoWhatsup. It seems feasable to find the differences in the versions of Yappari and merge those changes in the source code of MojoWhatsup.

    I've the source code of MojoWhatsup version 1.6.2, it's time we create an MojoWhatsup 2.0.0!

    Regards,
    Berthold


    Quote Originally Posted by bhutten View Post
    I'm having a hard time compiling the Whatsup C++ code. Is anybody able to compile the code? I can use some hints.
    Currently my first approach is to compile for the emulator, under Windows. I use the Codebench toolchain from Mentor, and use Cygwin and a makefile to compile.
    I hope there are other developers out there with more knowledge about this area.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Just for compiling sake, amoralico left us this:


    Just say that I used the C/C++ eclipse Indigo as IDE and the existing WebOS and sourcery codebench eclipse plugins.
    To compile the MojoWhatsup plugin (C++) for arm I used the Sourcery CodeBench Lite tools and to compile for the WebOS emulator I used a cygwin cross compiler because I've programmed on Windows. Eclipse project configuration files are included in the repository.

    MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
    Sourcecode : https://github.com/KaSt/mojogram/tre...plugin-c%2B%2B
    This even does seem to be 1.67 instead of 1.62 so we are not far away https://github.com/KaSt/mojogram/blo.../lversion.json

    Just need someone who can get this build.
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
  14. #2654  
    No if it will be for something because I really do not know what exactly is needed.
    Just in case I copy a link if may be worth something.
    https://github.com/KaSt/mojogram
    I'm learning to program but in Java and this is very difficult for me

    Edit: I was late by what I see
    Rnp likes this.
  15. #2655  
    Quote Originally Posted by GOREFESTOR View Post

    -I write to Pablo San Emeterio Lopez, R&D Software Engineer. Man that proove reciently fail security in whatsapp, bur not answer for the moment.

    -j-
    What part of don't ing let WhatsApp know our existence do you not understand?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  16. #2656  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    What part of don't ing let WhatsApp know our existence do you not understand?
    Pablo San Emeterio Lopez appears to work for Telefonica in Spain, not Whatsapp.

  17.    #2657  
    Is hard to say , but unfortunately I will not give more support to MojoWhatsup due to personal reasons .

    I leave a link where you can download the source code for the latest version ( 1.7.0 ) . This link will be available only for a few days.

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...27-11-2014.rar

    It was a pleasure to have contributed a little bit to this great community.

    Big greating to all of you and thanks for your comments and support.

    Antonio Morales Nicolás.
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
  18. #2658  
    Amoralico,

    Thanks for providing the 1.70 link and all the good works on MojoWhatsup. Wish you all the best.

    I used the link but I'm completely unable to work on it. So hopefully somebody else can.

    Best regards,

    Marcel
  19. #2659  
    Amoralico just refunded my PayPal donation of last week....
  20. #2660  
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    Is hard to say , but unfortunately I will not give more support to MojoWhatsup due to personal reasons .

    I leave a link where you can download the source code for the latest version ( 1.7.0 ) . This link will be available only for a few days.

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...27-11-2014.rar

    It was a pleasure to have contributed a little bit to this great community.

    Big greating to all of you and thanks for your comments and support.

    Antonio Morales Nicolás.
    Hope that everything is going well to and for you

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions