Page 13 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes
    Hi ...

great work ! i´ve be waiting so long for whatsapp ... now my dream come true =)

it works great on my pre3 but on my Palm Pre with WeboS 1.4.5 i get a white display.

is it possible thats not work with 1.4.5 ? Or what could happened ?
    How can i fix it ?

Thanks a lot !
    Quote Originally Posted by pitsop View Post
    Cuando cierras la aplicación lanzando la carta aparece una notificación de "no hay mensajes nuevos". Si intentas ignorar la con un "swipe" , la notificación desaparece pero la aplicación se abre de nuevo. Las notificaciones deberían aparecer sólo cuando hay mensajes nuevos y deberían poder ignorarse.

When you close the application throwing the card apears a notification of "no new messages". If you try to ignore swipping it out, the notification disappears but the application is reopened. The notifications should appear only when new messages and should be able to be ignored.
    If you read some earlier posts, it has already been stated many times that is not possible at the moment, due to a limitation of the OS. No process can stay alive for more than 30 mins being headless unless it's Palm's built-in ones.
    In english / en español

After two testing days, here are my comments....

First of all, lots of thanks again to Antonio. Very good and great job.

What I like:

- The way the app works, I mean, when you minimize it, it can check for new messages. If you close it from the menu, WA os completely off.
    - Not synergy integration. Maybe I'm mad, but I like the WA messages in a separate place than my SMS
    - Font size: OK to me
    - Return key = new line: OK to me. An the paper plane to send the message: prefect.

Wish list:

- The possibility to check which of my contacts have WA or not
    - Status message of the contacts, picture...
    - Configuration of the font size (useful to other users... and to me if I forget my glasses)

Bugs

- Really nothing serious, thinking that this is an alpha version.
    - Something I haven't readed here before: I can't see the icons faces I'm going to send after choosing them and before sending the message. Once sent, I see them OK. Checked in my Pre2 (2.2.4) and my O2 Pre+ (2.1)

Anyway, the job you've done is AWASOME!!!!!

My english is bad. I know it... I'm sorry

--------------------------

Bueno, y ahora en cristiano

Después de un par de días de pruebas.....

Antonio, de verdad, infinitas gracias, de corazón, por la fantástica aplicación que has hecho. Eres mi héroe. Manda webOS.

Lo que me gusta:

-La manera en que funciona la aplicación. Me parece fantástica la idea (surgida de la necesidad) de poderla dejar minimizada (y que siga chequeando a intervalos de tiempo configurables), o de poder cerrarla desde el menú y que no entre ningún mensaje nuevo (te olvidas del chateo cuando estás currando).
    - El no haberse integrado con la mensajería de webOS. Para mí es mucho más comprensible y fácil así. Puede que esté un poco "chalao", pero prefiero que los mensajes de WA estén en su propia carta independiente.
    - El tamaño de la letra, perfecto para mí.
    - La tecla de retorno = nueva línea: en mi opinión es estupendo. Y el avioncito de papel para enviar el mensaje. Perfecto.

Carta a los Reyes Magos:

- Que en la lista de contactos sólo aparezcan los que tienen WA. Ahora aparecen todos los que tienen teléfono móvil.
    - Que se pueda ver el mensaje de estado de cada contacto, la imagen...
    - Parece que los usuarios verían útil cambiar el tamaño de la letra. Je, je, je, yo eso no lo necesito (si no me olvido las gafas, claro)

Fallos:

- Para ser una versión alfa, está muy muy muy bien. Si se quedara así para siempre me daría por satisfecho.
    - Algo que no he visto en este hilo antes: cuando selecciono un icono (carita...) mientras escribo un mensaje, no puedo verlo. Una vez que lo envío sí se ve y se envía bien. Esto lo he comprobado en mis Pre 2 (2.2.4) y O2 Pre+ (2.1)

De cualquier manera, que te quede claro que, en mi opinión, has hecho un curro de la OS****

Y, aunque me repita, ¡¡¡¡muchas gracias!!!!
    webos 1.4.5 users will get whatsapp? I hope...
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    A note about battery drain:
    When app is open (card view) I keep the device awake all the time (due to the blocked socket problem) and this consumes battery faster even when screen is off.
    Reconnection intervals are taken into account only when app is in "background" (dahsboard view).
    So, if you are not going to use the app for a while I recomend to put it in dashboard view with a reconnecting interval set. Notice that if you selected "as items arrive" for background it will consume a lot of battery too due to the same reason I said before.

Even better if you shut radios off I recomend to exit the app.

For a next version I will take into account if internet connection is availabe or not. If it is not available the device won't try to reconnect until network is available again. Maybe this solution will increase battery life.
    But for me it works different. I have the dashboard reconnect thing set to check every 5 minutes and it drais like hell. But if I leave MojoWhatsup open (so not putting it to dashboard) then it's very friendly on my battery. How come?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Any solution to the contacts missing?
    Did we 100% find the reason for that?

PS I always had battery drain problems. I ran a lot of things (Txt1, FB, 4sq, Phnx, Gtalk) that access the internet. Adding MojoWhatsApp was not a huge problem. I'll be checking out again.
    Last edited by Loiter; 09/25/2012 at 01:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Great work! Donation 6BD34147RJ040731Y!
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    Just in case if Whatsapp rejects developers to make Whatsapp clients...

Has anyone heard LINE? That is a Japan/Korean company providing mobile app similar to Whatsapp but having more nice functions (especially lovely stickers) (LINE). Also, the company plans to offer API to developers. I just search the web about it and find something similar: https://gist.github.com/2144164. Don't know whether it's useful or not.

So do you think it's easier and safer for developers to develop Line clients?
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    Please, add an option to send by Enter press. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    Just in case if Whatsapp rejects developers to make Whatsapp clients...

Has anyone heard LINE? That is a Japan/Korean company providing mobile app similar to Whatsapp but having more nice functions (especially lovely stickers) (LINE). Also, the company plans to offer API to developers. I just search the web about it and find something similar: https://gist.github.com/2144164. Don't know whether it's useful or not.

So do you think it's easier and safer for developers to develop Line clients?
    And yet again: you don't realize the problem here. People, at least in Europe, are using WhatsApp. In order to communicate with them we need WhatsApp for webOS in one way or another. We don't need an alternative as long as it isn't mainstream. And if we do before it's mainstream then it certainly doesn't belong in this thread.
    I´m stand all amaze, congratulations.
    I have successfully registered the app i mean all the due process has been done, but when i try to log in it says
    ¨fallo de identificación de cuenta¨ i wonder what i am missing? any help? i am in Dominican Republic Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jero3188 View Post
    I´m stand all amaze, congratulations.
    I have successfully registered the app i mean all the due process has been done, but when i try to log in it says
    ¨fallo de identificación de cuenta¨ i wonder what i am missing? any help? i am in Dominican Republic Pre 2
    hola Jero,

te envió el mensaje con el código?

si no es asi trata de la siguiente manera:

en el código de área solo colocas el 1
    y en numero de teléfono colocas el 809 xxx xxxx el mensaje con el código debe llegarte.
    Works great in my Pre3. Donation (1TH18648L8213441P) send now.
    still has the contact missing issue on Pre3.
    Like the way MoMo is using to choose phone number from contact list.
    may can reference MoMo client.
    Treo 680, Centro, Pixi Plus, Veer, Pre3, TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianHa View Post
    ok, I got it to work on myself, had the wrong compile command line.

While taking a look at the code I saw the following line in the main method:
    Code:
    system("echo pardon > /etc/nojail");

This disables the jailer for the whole system forever!

This is a major security risk as any pdk application is now running without a jail and is able to access all the data on the phone. Is disabling the jailer really necessary? If so the jailer should be disabled only for this app and not shut down completely.

Please fix this asap!

EDIT: As the root partition is normally mounted ro only this line should not have any effect. Therefore, there is no security problem on real devices. Sorry for confusing. Nevertheless it can be removed then.
    Just an off topic note (yup, I read that line is being removed, and I investigated and it isn't even executed, at least not so on my device): Disabling the jail is a privacy and security risk. Even if the filesystem is mounted as read only, a non jailed app has a little more flexibility in the files that it can access. Depending on which user the executable is running as and the permissions of files, it may be able to read your contacts, for instance.

Anyway... No need to be startled.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by andersondiaz View Post
    hola Jero,

te envió el mensaje con el código?

si no es asi trata de la siguiente manera:

en el código de área solo colocas el 1
    y en numero de teléfono colocas el 809 xxx xxxx el mensaje con el código debe llegarte.
    Gracias Anderson Ya he recibido el codigo y todo; lo que sucede es que cuando le doy a "iniciar sesión" me viene de vuelta el mensaje que ya he citado.
    gracias de antemano por toda la ayuda
    In english
    Thanks Anderson I've already received the code. The problem is when I try to login it comes the message that I talked about.
    Thanks beforehand for the help
    Happened once today, tap on the no message notification, it just went away instead of bringing up window. Started the app again, and it was like it starting brand new, so it looks like process died in the background.

It did coincide with my Music Player stopping (i.e. process got swapped into virtual memory), so might be related. I think it has something to do with webOS' poor memory managment.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Just an off topic note (yup, I read that line is being removed, and I investigated and it isn't even executed, at least not so on my device): Disabling the jail is a privacy and security risk. Even if the filesystem is mounted as read only, a non jailed app has a little more flexibility in the files that it can access. Depending on which user the executable is running as and the permissions of files, it may be able to read your contacts, for instance.

Anyway... No need to be startled.
    As said earlier the line is not being executed because of the ro mounted partition and therefore, the jailer is not being disabled. So no security risk and the contacts have to be read anyway, that is how whatsapp works.

I really like the implementation that the app only reads "mobile" phone numbers. I already thought about to change the source code to use the IM/Jabber field in the contact info only. This would enable the user to choose more precisely which contacts are being used but would not be that comfortable. Perhaps that could be a preference.
    Following amoralico's advice to save battery, I'll have the app run in dashboard mode. I've chosen a five minute check interval, which is the closest to immediate, and will watch battery drain with the aid of Battery Monitor.

I'm curious about that fellow saying that he has more drain in dashboard mode than in full card view, soon I'll know if I'm also in that sittuation.

Also, thanks somline for that article about WhatsApp Inc. legally threating developers. Amoralico told me a couple of days ago about taking out part of his source code from GitHub, to reduce public exposure. I think time has come for "stealth mode" development. What a shame, but it's true that we are getting benefit from WhatsApp services. In the other hand, we are giving them more customers, and people like Amoralico are, actually, doing their job (making a webOS client) for free.
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 09/26/2012 at 02:18 AM.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...