Page 121 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    OMG BACK ONLINE. Thank you so much.

Pile of messages flowed in...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Thank you all for this workaround. I thought that I had to purchase a subscription which I did.
    Just to repost the addition to my original post:

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    [...]
    Wow, guys. Thank you for the support. I'm really glad I could help.
    Unfortunately I'm not an active webOS developer anymore (in fact, I haven't touched Mojo/Enyo more than a year now). All I did was to change a few bytes in the compiled C++ plugin. It was nothing, really. You should be sending your donations to the webOS Ports team, for they are the ones who do the hard work to keep our beloved platform alive.
    Never the less, thanks again for your support. I really appreciate it. I hope you won't be mad at me for forwarding your donations to webOS Ports.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Well, I figured I should do something for the remaining users of webOS (that includes me, for the next couple of months anyway), so I decided to put my hex editor to some good use, and here's an updated version which fixes the login/registration problems (just rename the .patch extension to .ipk as the forum doesn't allow ipk files to be attached. I've also uploaded it to MediaFire for those of you who don't want to bother with renaming and/or don't want to choke the webOS Nation server).
    Hope this helps those of you who depend on WhatsApp communication.

Edit:
    Unfortunately I'm not an active webOS developer anymore (in fact, I haven't touched Mojo/Enyo more than a year now). All I did was to change a few bytes in the compiled C++ plugin. It was nothing, really. You should be sending your donations to the webOS Ports team, for they are the ones who do the hard work to keep our beloved platform alive.
    Never the less, thanks again for your support. I really appreciate it. I hope you won't be mad at me for forwarding your donations to webOS Ports.
    Thx a lot for the fix.
    I diff'ed the mojowhatsup_service_plugin to get the changes you made for the MWU version 1.53, which I still use because it has the old UI, which I altered a bit and it still works (worked) so far (never change...)

As the old MWU version still had version protocol version 2.4.7, I had to fiddle a bit with the useragent string and name "HP Webos user" to "undo" the 3x2 bytes i had to add to get version 2.12.49 entered and at the same time maintain exact filesize and perhaps adress jumppoints to stay the same. Reminded me of my first hex hack in the the early ninties of simcity savefiles to get more money

There won't be much need for others, but attached is the updated binary for 1.5.3 (just rename the .zip - don't unpack )
    I tested with sending and recieving also images (which didn't work at first as i removed the bytes in wrong position at first).

DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING - IT'S ONLY FOR OLD VERSION 1.5.3:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Remy X, Rnp and barryb20 like this.
    oh and perhaps someone does not want to reinstall the IPK but just update the binary of version 1.6.9 - here is the extracted version that needs to be put into the MWU folder - again just rename by removing the ".zip"

btw. i'm now so far into it so if only another easy protocol number change is made, i could also do the update so just drop a message.

Please now use new version 1.7.0 in amoralicos posting below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rnp, retro68 and barryb20 like this.
    Good evening again,
    I need some help again please. I really need my phone back. I can't get in my phone is stock at the hp logo screen. I have tried to doctor it but cannot find the the file. Can someone please help me. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks isagar2004,
    Quote Originally Posted by bdagirl View Post
    Good evening again,
    I need some help again please. I really need my phone back. I can't get in my phone is stock at the hp logo screen. I have tried to doctor it but cannot find the the file. Can someone please help me. Thank you.
    I'm sorry you have to go through this. The links to webOS Doctor files are all "broken", but here's a way you can fix it on your own machine

You will be editing the "hosts" file is located at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc, and will be adding missing DNS records that HP should have propagated to your ISP's (internet service provider's) DNS servers, but as usual, they screwed up and as a result the domain names are disconnected from the hosting servers we are trying to reach. If you're seeing a message "cannot resolve host", that's exactly what it means.

So... Go to "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc"
    ...and if you have Windows XP, right-click the "hosts" file, then click "Properties", the last option on the bottom. When "Properties" open up, uncheck the "read-only" box and click "Apply". Then open Notepad and drag the file into the Notepad window.
    If you have Windows 7, find Notepad on your Start menu and right-click, then click "Run as Administrator", and then drag the "hosts" file into Notepad.

Copy this into the "hosts" file:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161	ipkg.preware.org
    and click "Save". If you're on XP, go back to "Properties" and set the file back to "read-only".

If you are using a Mac or Linux (Ubuntu, etc) computer, the file is still under "/etc/hosts" and you can probably Google for a guide.

Anyway, what the "hosts" file does, is allow you to "write in" your own DNS records, which are mappings of numeric IP addresses and their corresponding domain names. Normally, DNS records are requested by your computer from specialized "DNS servers", maintained by your ISP, and it's done automatically without you having to do anything.

But currently, the server (195.22.200.42) which is hosting webOS Doctors in not bound to "downloads.help.palm.com". When you add the correct "hosts" file entry, the links will work

BTW, here's a spreadsheet i've put together with a list of all Doctors and links to them: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zO8lXuBGM/edit

If you'll have any more questions, please feel free to ask
    Thanks for the good work! Unfortunately, I'm encountering a little problem: I installed your version of MWU that I downloaded from Mediafire, first via Preware, then via QuickInstall. Both worked perfectly fine, but when I try to start MWU, I get a blank white screen and I can't even change any settings.
    Is there a solution?
    Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayray11 View Post
    Thanks for the good work! Unfortunately, I'm encountering a little problem: I installed your version of MWU that I downloaded from Mediafire, first via Preware, then via QuickInstall. Both worked perfectly fine, but when I try to start MWU, I get a blank white screen and I can't even change any settings.
    Is there a solution?
    Thanks in advance!
    Close it using Exit from MWU menu (swipe Top left), then open and it should work.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Well, I figured I should do something for the remaining users of webOS (that includes me, for the next couple of months anyway), so I decided to put my hex editor to some good use, and here's an updated version which fixes the login/registration problems (just rename the .patch extension to .ipk as the forum doesn't allow ipk files to be attached. I've also uploaded it to MediaFire for those of you who don't want to bother with renaming and/or don't want to choke the webOS Nation server).
    Hope this helps those of you who depend on WhatsApp communication.

Edit:
    Great work and thanks. I managed to get a code using an android device without sim. So the code is sent to my Pre3, when I enter it and click on Register I get Status= fail, reason=mismatch, retryafter=122. I get the same error when I try to get SMS or Voice code.

I hope you could help.
    nideki,

use https://github.com/shirioko/WART this to get the password. Then you just need to put that password in mojowhatsup
    Remy X likes this.
    nideki,

use https://github.com/shirioko/WART this to get the password. Then you just need to put that password in mojowhatsup
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    I'm sorry you have to go through this. The links to webOS Doctor files are all "broken", but here's a way you can fix it on your own machine

You will be editing the "hosts" file is located at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc, and will be adding missing DNS records that HP should have propagated to your ISP's (internet service provider's) DNS servers, but as usual, they screwed up and as a result the domain names are disconnected from the hosting servers we are trying to reach. If you're seeing a message "cannot resolve host", that's exactly what it means.

So... Go to "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc"
    ...and if you have Windows XP, right-click the "hosts" file, then click "Properties", the last option on the bottom. When "Properties" open up, uncheck the "read-only" box and click "Apply". Then open Notepad and drag the file into the Notepad window.
    If you have Windows 7, find Notepad on your Start menu and right-click, then click "Run as Administrator", and then drag the "hosts" file into Notepad.

Copy this into the "hosts" file:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161	ipkg.preware.org
    and click "Save". If you're on XP, go back to "Properties" and set the file back to "read-only".

If you are using a Mac or Linux (Ubuntu, etc) computer, the file is still under "/etc/hosts" and you can probably Google for a guide.

Anyway, what the "hosts" file does, is allow you to "write in" your own DNS records, which are mappings of numeric IP addresses and their corresponding domain names. Normally, DNS records are requested by your computer from specialized "DNS servers", maintained by your ISP, and it's done automatically without you having to do anything.

But currently, the server (195.22.200.42) which is hosting webOS Doctors in not bound to "downloads.help.palm.com". When you add the correct "hosts" file entry, the links will work

BTW, here's a spreadsheet i've put together with a list of all Doctors and links to them: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zO8lXuBGM/edit

If you'll have any more questions, please feel free to ask
    Thank you very much. I was having a challenge copying the hosts file over, it would not let me save as administrator, but I cheated. hope it works. in other words I copied the ip addressess into the note file and then opened a new file as administrator and saved it as the original host. I was able to open the link to the webdoctor and am on my way. So again thank you very much.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nideiki View Post
    Close it using Exit from MWU menu (swipe Top left), then open and it should work.
    Hi Nideikei, thanks for your help, but I can't even open the MWU menu - when I swipe Top left or tap on the menu button, nothing happens...
    Back online!

Some heroes live right here.

Huge THANKS to all!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  17.    #2417  
    New release that fixes old-version problem and set profile picture problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._1.7.0_all.ipk
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    New release that fixes old-version problem and set profile picture problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._1.7.0_all.ipk
    Good to see you dropping in sometimes

Perhaps token constants could be out-sourced of the C++ code into a plaintext file in a later version - so a simple WebOS patch can more easily fix it, if only a version number bump blocks the communication.
    Wow... many fixes!

Thank you, very much!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Wow... many fixes!

Thank you, very much!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)