Page 119 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It is. However after the DMCA takedown (FU Facebook), only Antonio has access to the source.
    Guess we're done then, he hasn't shown up for a very long time and there's no sign he will in the future.
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
    Giving up already...? It was in git, meaning anyone who might have checked out the source has a copy of what was on github. My bid:
    0ef34b42dcd70bdb3044338ac13b015a0b2b9599 Release 1.6.2

Who has newer? And who is willing to get in contact with WhatsApp devs to see how we can avoid infringing whatever they thought it was infringing? I believe it was more about the brand name and the logo than anything else... and that can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It is. However after the DMCA takedown (FU Facebook), only Antonio has access to the source.
    But mojowhatsup uses the v2 for registration and login?, looking at the yowsup code again they didn't change anything about those things except for a bump in the constants.
    cough cough... I found a copy of the 1.6.2 github sources...

yes, should use the v2,,, so maybe is just a question of patching the constants if they are in a jsjsjs , $or$ $in$ $the$ $db$, $or$ $in$ $a$ $cookie$
    katkiller, MrGan, Rnp and 1 others like this.
    Same problem here in Germany on Pre3. Login failure is not going away ..
    Well, I figured I should do something for the remaining users of webOS (that includes me, for the next couple of months anyway), so I decided to put my hex editor to some good use, and here's an updated version which fixes the login/registration problems (just rename the .patch extension to .ipk as the forum doesn't allow ipk files to be attached. I've also uploaded it to MediaFire for those of you who don't want to bother with renaming and/or don't want to choke the webOS Nation server).
    Hope this helps those of you who depend on WhatsApp communication.

Edit:
    Wow, guys. Thank you for the support. I'm really glad I could help.
    Unfortunately I'm not an active webOS developer anymore (in fact, I haven't touched Mojo/Enyo more than a year now). All I did was to change a few bytes in the compiled C++ plugin. It was nothing, really. You should be sending your donations to the webOS Ports team, for they are the ones who do the hard work to keep our beloved platform alive.
    Never the less, thanks again for your support. I really appreciate it. I hope you won't be mad at me for forwarding your donations to webOS Ports.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by isagar2004; 11/16/2014 at 10:34 AM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Hi Isagar, I dont understand (just rename the .patch extension to .ipk as the forum doesn't allow ipk files to be attached. can you please explain - nevermind. I think I get it now
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Well, I figured I should do something for the remaining users of webOS (that includes me, for the next couple of months anyway), so I decided to put my hex editor to some good use, and here's an updated version which fixes the login/registration problems (just rename the .patch extension to .ipk as the forum doesn't allow ipk files to be attached. I've also uploaded it to MediaFire for those of you who don't want to bother with renaming and/or don't want to choke the webOS Nation server).
    downloaded it and renamed it as instructed, but in installing it it does not stop with the circle thing in preware, please advice... Should it be done in quickinstall?
    WebOS ROCKS!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 750w -> Treo PRO -> Palm Prē -> Palm Prē 2 -> Palm "HP" Prē 3 + 32 GB Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by bdagirl View Post
    Hi Isagar, I dont understand (just rename the .patch extension to .ipk as the forum doesn't allow ipk files to be attached. can you please explain - nevermind. I think I get it now
    Though you said you got it, for those who might still be wondering: When you download the file attached to my previous post, it'll have the ".patch" extension and not the needed ".ipk" extension. This is because the forum doesn't allow attaching ipk files, so I had to rename it to a supported extension. All you have to do is rename the downloaded file and replace the .patch extension to .ipk
    Then you'll be able to use webOS Quick Install or Preware to install the updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by katkiller View Post
    downloaded it and renamed it as instructed, but in installing it it does not stop with the circle thing in preware, please advice... Should it be done in quickinstall?
    I just tried installing with both Preware and WOSQI with no problems. Try using WOSQI and see if it works.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Thank you very much... it works perfectly. Had to insert the password that I obtained from WART, and back into business
    I got offline messages, so I guess it works
    does it take long to install?? It has been with the circle for like 5 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by katkiller View Post
    does it take long to install?? It has been with the circle for like 5 minutes
    nop.. a minute top. Something is wrong on your side ( I installed it using internalz)

maybe download the mediafire version ? (that's the one I used)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    nop.. a minute top. Something is wrong on your side ( I installed it using internalz)

maybe download the mediafire version ? (that's the one I used)
    YES YES YES
    Just used the version from mediafly and I'm back online !!!!!!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

donation is under way
    Last edited by MrGan; 11/16/2014 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Donation
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thank you, isagar2004!!! Appreciate your efforts and sharing.
    thanks a lot isagar2004! you really rock!

now my wife is back to be business again :-)

going to donate a few bucks, you really deserve it
    any clues how to change the profile picture?

Ive selected the picture and click on submit, but it takes forever loading and never finish the change.

using HP Veer

thank you
    Thank you so much!! Back in bussiness! Used the mediafire one via Preware. YOU ROCK!!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Installed it with WOQI 4.5.0 and it works great. Thank you very much!
    Thank you so much isagar2004!! im going to try it right away, is it a direct version bump from 1.6.9 or is it based on an old codebase? just curious...
    Quote Originally Posted by estanqueiroa View Post
    any clues how to change the profile picture?

Ive selected the picture and click on submit, but it takes forever loading and never finish the change.

using HP Veer

thank you
    Unfortunately this can't be fixed using a hex editor like I did with the login/registration problem, as it requires some changes in the compiled code flow. It's almost impossible to do without having the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by gach87 View Post
    Thank you so much isagar2004!! im going to try it right away, is it a direct version bump from 1.6.9 or is it based on an old codebase? just curious...
    I used a hex editor to update the login/registration constants, so it's basically 1.6.9 with updated constants. I don't have the source code for MojoWhatsup. Not even for an older version.
    webOS Scrollbars