Page 115 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Wow!!! This works?????

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Wow!!! This works?????

Best Regards...
    what exactly, perhaps you could enlighten the community with some step-by-step tutorial if you managed to register.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Don't know if that works:
    https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup/issues/234
    In the end there is even an apk mentioned doing that.

If that is the right one to enter it directly in MWU loginscreen^ or if it works by modifying the cookie: I don't know.
    Thanks for these pointers and the other help/pictures. I have not tried anything of this yet.
    Do I have the right understanding of the current MWU situation?
    1. With the latest MWU version you can not register with MWU a new WA account on some (new) webos device - right?
    2. I could use some Android device and request a new WA account (some registration code will be sent by SMS to that device using the SMS (Android or webos or whatever) - right?
    3. I could register the new WA account with the registration code from the received SMS on some Android device - right?
    4. I can not register the new WA account with the registration code from the received SMS on some Webos device using MWU - right?
    5. It is unknown if I can use some registered WA account information from working Android device and plug it into the webos MWU configuration somehow - and then continue using MWU on webos. (then repeating the same procedure for more webos devices using the same Android device).
    6. Once I have registered a WA account (on some Android device) I could use the login password and the registration code on a webos device with MWU. It is unknown - if this works - right?
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 08/29/2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: correcting typos
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    There have been too much restriction to this, would it be better if we look at developing other alternatives such as Telegram, and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Do I have the right understanding of the current MWU situation?
    1. With the latest MWU version you can not register with MWU a new WA account on some (new) webos device - right?
    Now - let me answer my question (1) which obsoletes the rest of the questions/assumptions (for the moment).
    Today I was able to register a new WA account without issue with the MWU 1.6.9 version on a Pre2 webos 2.2.4.
    I installed MWU 1.6.9 (which I downloaded long time ago) and installed it with WQI 4.5. Then I requested a code for a new WA account for a new mobile number in Germany (+49) and I received the code per SMS from whatsapp within seconds. Then I registered without issues and MWU presented me a group for which my new mobile number was already assigned. Also all my contacts where loaded automatically and their WA status and profile image was loaded.
    I was able to sent and receive text messages with a another MWU 1.6.9 instance on a Pre3 device.

=> So - I see no issue with latest MWU 1.6.9 version. Not sure why people started claiming something is broken.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Hi MartinH
    I'm from germany as well but I have no idea how you managed to do that. a year or so ago I could register my whatsapp using MWU just fine. but now it doesn't work at all. I also have the latest version 1.6.9 installed but I'm unable to receive the registration sms
    Is something about my parameters wrong when I want to receive the activation sms code?
    CC: 49
    phone number: 176........
    username: blank
    code: blank

greetings
    seems to be a problem with older registrations.
    I tried to delete my account just so I can register again - but no dice.
    Wonder if I can try to register on the TP with my ph# and then somehow transfer my password over the phone. Not sure if uninstall/fresh install will work on the phone, sine WA servers already have my number registered.
    Quote Originally Posted by nfsracer View Post
    Is something about my parameters wrong when I want to receive the activation sms code?
    CC: 49
    phone number: 176........
    username: blank
    code: blank
    Hi webos friend from Germany -
    not sure why it worked for me.
    Other than you I also specified a new unique username. I very much assume my username was unique.
    Sure I left the code as <blank> when hitting the "SMS-Aktivierungscode anforde...".
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    not sure - before I registered the new mobil phone number with some new unique username and on a fresh Pre2 device I did - by accident - request a SMS-registration code for my other already registered mobile phone number (that lives on a Pre3 device) from the fresh Pre2 device. And this request was also accepted. But it did not reply directly - but about 5 minutes later I recieved a new SMS-code on my other Pre3 device. I did not try to use that new code because I did not want to generate a conflict with the Pre2 MWU configuration which was using the same new unique username.
    I just continued to use the old existing WA account on my Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    I tried to delete my account just so I can register again - but no dice.
    Wonder if I can try to register on the TP with my ph# and then somehow transfer my password over the phone. Not sure if uninstall/fresh install will work on the phone, sine WA servers already have my number registered.
    Account transfer between webos devices is possible via save&restore (see FAQ). be sure not to open MWU on both devices simultaniously.
    Thanks gizmo and martin;-)
    Here's what I did:
    1. Have mwa 1.6.6 on TP and never registere on that device.
    2. Requested sms
    3. Uninstaled mwa 1.6.9 on my pre2
    4. Installed it again and made sure I don't have app cookies for it
    5. Tried to register with the code I got on the phone requested in step 2. That didn't work after 2 tries.
    6. Then I tried it on my TP but wma said that I tried it too soon. I guess it didn't like the fact that I didn't request the sms from the same device in step 5 and I was trying to guess it too many times. It said try in 21.
    Wasn't sure about to units, so I tried it in few minutes again and bam I got reg confirmation with the password and all.
    7. I thought that save/restore is too involved and just plugged the values on my phone and just used login option and plugged the way I see it in the the confirmation and my phone logged in with no issues(wma on the TP was off meanwhile).
    So I guess my old password was generated the old way using imei or the WiFi mac address, which from what I gathered whatsapp changed to be generated on their servers. I guess they still use the imei or WiFi mac in the registration process but I don't really care as far as it's working;-)
    Hope that helps to anybody that wants to use that app.
    P.S. Also got an expiration date 1440995953, which translates from the day I registered. So I guess I didn't use my previous registration or wma for more than an year:-O
    Today I was able to register a new WA account without issue with the MWU 1.6.9 version on a Pre2 webos 2.2.4.
    => So - I see no issue with latest MWU 1.6.9 version. Not sure why people started claiming something is broken.
    Do you happen to know why you managed to upload your profile pic and so many can't?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Do you happen to know why you managed to upload your profile pic and so many can't?
    I did not specify any profile pic for the new MWU account. Also I did not change the default status message.
    I do not yet know if it will work when I try to update picture and status.
    crowning73 likes this.
    Also all my contacts where loaded automatically and their WA status and profile image was loaded.
    Sorry I misread this line, I thought you meant your profile photo loading.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Just for the Records - the change of:
    Profile pic: upload fails, only deleting

So it seems simply the picture upload link was changed, if we would have the source code it would be a change of 2 minutes to find and replace.
    crowning73 likes this.
    WhatsApp will soon support voice calling - Neowin

While I'm happy they are getting new features, hope they won't break authentication and existing functionality along the way...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

While I'm happy they are getting new features, hope they won't break authentication and existing functionality along the way...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

How likely is this? Well I suppose when the day comes hundreds of second hand Pres will flock online as we can't live without whatsapp these days, can we?

So it seems simply the picture upload link was changed, if we would have the source code it would be a change of 2 minutes to find and replace.
    If getting the source code is something possible and someone is willing to invest 2 minutes of his/her time, I'd be more than happy to pay/donate to have back the ability to upload/change the profile photo, maybe we can set up a fund or something to remunerate who will do this, if someone else is interested. Whether getting the source code is a simple task or not I have no idea though.
    Rnp likes this.
    Well... I continue without register my Whatsapp account in MWU...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I'm getting the dreaded Apps Database is full message (3-times now). I've followed the instructions for increasing the size of my partitition of 1GB, but it continues. The messages began shortly after I updated WhatsApp to the latest version. I'm just curious if anyone else here has experienced a similar issue.

I can't think of anything i've done to my phone in the last several months, other than my recent upgrade of WhatsApp. I've also just restored my phone, but this time I'm not re-installing Whatsapp to see what happens.

Is it even remotely possible that Whatsapp could be a reason why my app db is suddenly filling-up, even after increasing the partition size so dramatically?