Page 114 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    same here
    Same here.
    sigh.. sigh.. I miss my profile photo
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Read FAQ: MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)

5. It doesn’t start with my webOS 1.4.5 (Pre-/Pixi…):
    For the time being developer has NO intention to release an app version for webOS 1.4.5 for Pre-,Pixi (Plus).
    (Update: Pixi/Pre with webOS 2.1+ can try the MojoWhatsup Version 1.4.2+)
    Thanks for you answer Gizmo - only I could not find the earlier version 1.4.2 to try it out. Can you please point me to the download?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by tzur View Post
    Thanks for you answer Gizmo - only I could not find the earlier version 1.4.2 to try it out. Can you please point me to the download?

Thanks!
    It's 1.4.2+ PLUS which means all versions greater than 1.4.1, so a new version should work. But atm it seems new registrations won't work at all (General prob, not pixi specific), so it could be you can start but can't log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    sigh.. sigh.. I miss my profile photo
    Your profile photo?

Man, can you imagine that I'm; all this time, using Whatsapp in Android, because I cannot register again in my Pre or Veer?

I'm suffering...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Your profile photo?

Man, can you imagine that I'm; all this time, using Whatsapp in Android, because I cannot register again in my Pre or Veer?

I'm suffering...

Best Regards...

We'll soon move to other devices anyway as this phone is clearly dying, unfortunately. Lucky you to have an Android at hand you could look at it this way
    Yeah I do miss the possibility of changing profile pic actually but I don't blame developers what kind of motivation do they have this Palm is running its last legs.. what did you do (or not do) to have an unregistrable Whatsapp on both your devices?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Looking at the github and some older post it's more of legal issue that the code used for that app is not approved bu whatsapp and they actually took down all the code from github not only mojowhatsapp.
    I'm sure that the developer didn't want to get sued.
    On another note does the app work at all.
    I looked at the FAQ for it and I do have v2 pw and all that . I think I registered a while ago but never used it and now old friend of mine asked me if I have it. It starts ok but after a while it says my password is not correct. Of course I don't have a clue what it is. Tried few with no luck. Checked the cookie on my phone and it seems I have password string there which is encrypted. I can request new SMS code but can't change the existing one, which is only 3 digits and the new one is with a dash.
    I guess that might be part of the reason why the app is not working currently.
    If I try to register I get an error reason stale. Guess their servers know that this number is registered but maybe it doesn't like the verification mode. Or they just moved up the number of digits just to cut unsupported version of whatsapp clients.
    Anyway I can get to bb phone and register my phone and try to go around like that.
    Looking at the github and some older post it's more of legal issue that the code used for that app is not approved bu whatsapp and they actually took down all the code from github not only mojowhatsapp.
    I'm sure that the developer didn't want to get sued.
    I looked at the FAQ for it and I do have v2 pw and all that . I think I registered a while ago but never used it and now old friend of mine asked me if I have it. It starts ok but after a while it says my password is not correct. Of course I don't have a clue what it is. Tried few with no luck. Checked the cookie on my phone and it seems I have password string there which is encrypted. I can request new SMS code but can't change the existing one, which is only 3 digits and the new one is with a dash.
    If I try to register I get an error reason stale. Guess their servers know that this number is registered but maybe it doesn't like the verification mode. Or they just moved up the number of digits just to cut unsupported version of whatsapp clients.
    Anyway I can get to bb phone and register my phone and try to go around like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    We'll soon move to other devices anyway as this phone is clearly dying, unfortunately. Lucky you to have an Android at hand you could look at it this way
    Yeah I do miss the possibility of changing profile pic actually but I don't blame developers what kind of motivation do they have this Palm is running its last legs.. what did you do (or not do) to have an unregistrable Whatsapp on both your devices?
    Well I'm definitely stretching it. Still hunting for a decent phone with a keyboard as disaster recovery when I run out of parts. Surprisingly I haven't replaced anything on my Pre 3 yet.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yes it does.

As I said my mojowhatsapp has been working great since it came out, only lately the small issue with the profile photo.

Still hunting for a decent phone with a keyboard.
    Unfortunately not many decent alternatives with a physical keyboard, I want to see how Blackberry will price the new Classic and Passport models in September before making a move.
    Hi is there any Chance that you could talk to LG Electronics and work with them in bringing this app to their WebOS smart TV's?

I spoke to a rep from LG today and they said they would be very interested in having Whatsapp messenger on their TV's along with suitable live notifications when messages are received. There is a LG developers web site, but maybe the best idea is if you get in touch with LG directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus Jones View Post
    Hi is there any Chance that you could talk to LG Electronics and work with them in bringing this app to their WebOS smart TV's?

I spoke to a rep from LG today and they said they would be very interested in having Whatsapp messenger on their TV's along with suitable live notifications when messages are received. There is a LG developers web site, but maybe the best idea is if you get in touch with LG directly.
    Not to mention MWU is not an official WhatsApp app, they will never release WA for LG TVs, even if LG wants it on the TVs. WhatsApp even went as far as restricting them off tablets, the want it to be a phone only app.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yes Whats App is very restrictive in terms of only having it officially released on mobile phones (aka devices that have a phonenumber and a adressbook full of numbers and contacts they can upload to their servers ).

As with MWU it's still running smooth here on version 1.5.6 and i just yesterday added a new contact (had to switch phonenumber type twice before it was recognized) and messages worked good.

I'm not doing a lot with it but the usual text/picture sending works, have not dared changing profile pic

Now i try to avoid unregistering or reinstalling by doctor..., even if i think my save&restore backup would bring me my functional install back, if i'm not registering otherwise.
    Yes Whats App is very restrictive in terms of only having it officially released on mobile phones (aka devices that have a phonenumber and a adressbook full of numbers and contacts they can upload to their servers ).

As with MWU it's still running smooth here on version 1.5.6 and i just yesterday added a new contact (had to switch phonenumber type twice before it was recognized) and messages worked good.

I'm not doing a lot with it but the usual text/picture sending works, have not dared changing profile pic

Now i try to avoid unregistering or reinstalling by doctor..., even if i think my save&restore backup would bring me my functional install back, if i'm not registering otherwise.
    Well, I just need some way to extract the WA password from an Android phone...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)

Best Regards...
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Yes - how will this work? How to transfer over the WA password from Android to WebOS ?
    Is there some (unusual/manual) method to register for a new account for mojowhatsup?
    I need to set up a few of such new accounts in the next days for some webos devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Yes - how will this work? How to transfer over the WA password from Android to WebOS ?
    Is there some (unusual/manual) method to register for a new account for mojowhatsup?
    I need to set up a few of such new accounts in the next days for some webos devices.
    Oops... sorry, I didn't see your message.

With the password, you can try to use the last button, "Login":

Best Regards...
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Don't know if that works:
    https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup/issues/234
    In the end there is even an apk mentioned doing that.

If that is the right one to enter it directly in MWU loginscreen^ or if it works by modifying the cookie: I don't know.
    Wow!!! This works?????

Best Regards...