Page 113 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    I cannot change my profile picture.
    I thought erasing the one I had would aloud me to put a new one. It didn't work.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone that has work around it?

Thanks.
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Almost the same happened to me.

My Pre³ played dead on me and had to get an android device meanwhile.
    When I got back to my Pre³, luckily for me, it went ok. MWU and got me right to chats without even entering my # or code. It worked from the start.
    Now, this is where it gets fishy. I always like to have MWU on the Touchpad as well, so I went to activate it on it also. But when I inserted my info (#, I'd, code) and pressed "Log In" it prompted me an "enter password" option (I ALWAYS make screenshots of PW, IDs or such, just in case they're needed). When I was done entering the password that my account gave me the first time activated, I was also prompted with an error. "Password Failed" o something alike.
    So, I tried registering my account on the Touchpad, and it gave me that same error you are having. I couldn't activate MWU on my TP.
    Ok, so just a few day ago I had to do a #Memboot to my Pre³ and Doctored it as well (thanks to mr. Alan Morford). When everything was reset back again, of course I went and downloaded MWU and confidently introduced my account info (this time it didn't read it from the start) and clicked on "Log In". Entered the sreenshot password it was requiring and BOOM! "Password Failed". Damn it! I couldn't activate it just like with my Touchpad. And it was the same password I activated my account from the first time. Well, I decided to insert the info again and re-"Register" -see if that worked-. It did. And gave me another password (with the same original code) and it's working fine.
    So I went to my Touchpad and entered the same code but new password on it and BOOM! I have MWU on my TP again!

Conclusion: (WhatsApp service sucks!)
    For what I understand you are registering again with the same code. Have you tried "logging in" and entering your password? Just like me, you never know what's going to work with WhatsApp.
    You can also get the password from Impostah I think. In case you didn't ctrl+Sym+P.
    Also, I have an issue changing my profile pict -as you can read upper-, but lets hope it doesn't have anything to do with the changes WhatsApp did from July 1st.

Good luck!
    Thank you, Bro...

My problem continues & have no solution until now... I have no new ideas about how to solve this...

I'm using in Galaxy Note 2, but I really don't like the Android version...

There is some chance to some settings be saved in my Palm Profile backup & lock this register?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Rnp - Have you tried getting a new code and registering with that?
    Yes.

I asked for a new code in Android & received the code in my Pre, inserting the code in MWU without sucess...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    Well, well, well...

I can register and login with my Androids devices - smartphone & tablet - but I cannot register with my Pre 3 or Veer.

So, I tried use the Wart (Click here to know the software) to obtain my password and try login in my Pre 3 bypassing the register step, but I received the same error that in my webOS devices. So, I tried again the Wart with debug enabled...

1) Trying to receive the code using SMS show me this message:

2) Trying to receive the code using Voice show me this message:

3) After I try both options above:

4) Trying to validate my account show me this message:

5) I asked for the code in my Galaxy Note and tried use the received code in Wart to register, but show me this error...

6) ... and show another message that is not accept.

After all this, I used the code in my GNote, and worked perfectly...

So... somebody knows if there is some changes in Whatsapp register system?

Best Regards...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well, well, well...

I can register and login with my Androids devices - smartphone & tablet - but I cannot register with my Pre 3 or Veer.

So, I tried use the Wart (Click here to know the software) to obtain my password and try login in my Pre 3 bypassing the register step, but I received the same error that in my webOS devices. So, I tried again the Wart with debug enabled...

1) Trying to receive the code using SMS show me this message:
    Click to view quoted image

2) Trying to receive the code using Voice show me this message:

3) After I try both options above:

4) Trying to validate my account show me this message:

5) I asked for the code in my Galaxy Note and tried use the received code in Wart to register, but show me this error...

6) ... and show another message that is not accept.

After all this, I used the code in my GNote, and worked perfectly...

So... somebody knows if there is some changes in Whatsapp register system?

Best Regards...
    What I feared!!!
    Same changes that are preventing us from changing profile picture have to be messing with the registration process.
    Hopefully our great webOS community and amoralico will come into play and save the day -yet again-.

#webOS.O.S.

PS:
    Did you try "Log In" with that same code and introducing the password?
    You can find it in the app cache data with Impostah (if you didn't make a screenshot), I think.
    Rnp, MrGan and Xamil like this.
    I tried, but gave error... I believe that the password changed after I enable my account in my Android...

Best Regards...
    I tried, but gave error... I believe that the password changed after I enable my account in my Android...

Best Regards...
    Ok, do this:

Download "BlueStacks" on your mac or pc. BlueStacks is a program that runs android apps on your computer.

Go ahead and download "WhatsApp". It will ask your number and it will send you another code.

Once you have the new code go ahead and register your new code on your webOS device and it will prompt you your account info (if it works... which I'm certain it will if nothing has changed on the registration end).

It helped me before with mine and my sister's MojoWhatsApp accounts.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ajguns; 07/17/2014 at 01:22 AM.
    I recently tried to change my profile picture/image (to something with a german flag and four stars ;-)), but the upload seams to stall and does not finish even after minutes...

Anyone else with a similar problem?
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Same here but I think it has nothing to do with the flag & the four stars...
    Well... as a brazilian, I believe that all the problema is the german flag & four stars...

@ajguns,

This option don't work... MojoWhatsup cannot register...

Somebody know how to extract the Whatsapp password from Android database?

Best Regards...
    If FAQ 3. won't help MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos) the desparate ones can try this:

https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup/wik...i#registration

The password version used in MWU is 2. The server generated pw should be put into the app cookie of mojowhatsup found in impostah:

{"cc":"49","phoneNumber":"176xxxxxxx","pushName":"itr","password":"xxxxxxxxxxxxxyYzk42Nxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx","userId":"49176xxxxxxxxx","smsCode":"132","registered":true,"max_subject":25,"max_groups":50,"ma x_participants":51,"lastStatusRequest":1335418089057,"statusMessage":"online","maxStatus":131,"mypic ture":"","mypictureid":"","passwordV2":true}

I can't tell how to import other than by modifiy a save&restore app cookie and restore it after that.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 07/17/2014 at 02:08 PM.
    Rnp likes this.
    aaaaaaaammmmmmoooooorrrrrrraaaaaallllllliiiiiiiicccccccooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MojoWhatsUp webOS.O.S.!!!
    ;-)
    Seems like amoralico disappeared without saying anything... Sadly enough, in the end even the most useful app on still avaiable has lost support.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    If FAQ 3. won't help MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos) the desparate ones can try this:

https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup/wik...i#registration

The password version used in MWU is 2. The server generated pw should be put into the app cookie of mojowhatsup found in impostah:

{"cc":"49","phoneNumber":"176xxxxxxx","pushName":"itr","password":"xxxxxxxxxxxxxyYzk42Nxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx","userId":"49176xxxxxxxxx","smsCode":"132","registered":true,"max_subject":25,"max_groups":50,"ma x_participants":51,"lastStatusRequest":1335418089057,"statusMessage":"online","maxStatus":131,"mypic ture":"","mypictureid":"","passwordV2":true}

I can't tell how to import other than by modifiy a save&restore app cookie and restore it after that.
    Well, I'll gonna try when I go home...

Serious, I'm really missing a lot use the Whatsapp in my Pre3... the Android is not so good...

Best Regards...
    Well, I'll gonna try when I go home...

Serious, I'm really missing a lot use the Whatsapp in my Pre3... the Android is not so good...

Best Regards...
    The information is stored in the cookies.sql saved by save&restore. So it could be modified and restored back via this file.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    Seems like amoralico disappeared without saying anything... Sadly enough, in the end even the most useful app on still avaiable has lost support.
    He's probably just really busy with his kid, he told us about that. People have lives to live you know... (well maybe not me )
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Rnp likes this.
    You know, what's really making my head go cu-cu is... How come WhatsApp servers granted me to erase my profile picture but not upload a new one... Cu-cu.

I don't want to use BlueStacks because I'm sure it will request a new code and I fear that it will affect my account and then I will be forced to update it on my webOS devices without success, since MWU has lost some access to such servers. Cu-cu...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    He's probably just really busy with his kid, he told us about that. People have lives to live you know... (well maybe not me )
    Well, didn't see the post where he said this, hope he's fine then and that he'll find some time to get back working on this app.
    Rnp and Xamil like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FizWahn View Post
    I recently tried to change my profile picture/image (to something with a german flag and four stars ;-)), but the upload seams to stall and does not finish even after minutes...

Anyone else with a similar problem?
    Yes, not similar, identical.
    Last edited by crowning73; 08/01/2014 at 10:05 AM.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.