Page 109 of 142 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    WhatsApp Founders Become Billionaires In $19 Billion Facebook Deal - Forbes

I guess this might explain why the sudden DMCA takedowns.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    I do not understand their position. For example, Loqui IM is a multi-chat client for Firefox OS that supports Whatsapp. The company that supports this app seems to have permission to access Whatsapp servers. http://waalt.com/docs/news/20131115-WhatsApp.pdf but "surprisingly" the code is available at Github for free under AGPL3 license (https://github.com/loqui/im).

By the way, They provide a full javascript library for Whatsapp called CoSeMe (https://github.com/loqui/im/tree/dev/scripts/anonymous ). This can help to create the much desired integration with the native messaging application of Webos or create a real background service for MojoWhatsup.
    HAHAHA! Read some of the comments here: https://github.com/loqui/im/blob/dev...oseme.js#L5162

Quite funny. :P
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    ananimus likes this.
    Yep... so it looks like it's either them cutting me off by finally shutting out unofficial clients, or me shutting them out when they start requiring Facebook accounts. Second will be a permanent blow for me with WhatsApp.

Just want to take an opportunity to thank Antonio for a fantastic 1.5 years of work.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Odd thing is..... My fork of MojoWhatsup was NOT shutdown....... However, it is quite old. So...... Not sure what this means.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Mojowhatsup in my Pre2 is still working, but guess it can shut down anytime now they are selling it. Anyway good that I just bought a Moto G as an accessory phone. It'll serve me when Mojowhatsup goes down. Thanks to amoralico, and other guys for making it worth for almost 1 and half years.
    Is there an Issue with MWU regarding profil deletion? The app and the Connection is running and the rest of the WA Services seems to be fine.

I decided to delete my account. But when using the button in the accounts section of MojoWhatsup an Error occured, saying that account deletion is not possible.

Does Anybody know if that's a bug or if it's related to the recent changes at Whatsapp?
    And finally how could I archieve the deletion

BTW: Thanks Antonio and all who are involved for the App!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palminski View Post
    Is there an Issue with MWU regarding profil deletion? The app and the Connection is running and the rest of the WA Services seems to be fine.

I decided to delete my account. But when using the button in the accounts section of MojoWhatsup an Error occured, saying that account deletion is not possible.

Does Anybody know if that's a bug or if it's related to the recent changes at Whatsapp?
    And finally how could I archieve the deletion

BTW: Thanks Antonio and all who are involved for the App!

For account deletion perhaps similar ways can be used as for account creation outside of mojowhatsup. See my FAQ posted some post above or linked in my tips and trick thread in my footer.
    Time to transfer Mojowhatsup to MojoTelegram I guess:

https://telegram.org/faq#q-who-are-t...ehind-telegram

Open API, more secure, for free forever.
  9.    #2170  
    I've released a new version of MojoWhatsup that fixes the problem with the status and profile pictures of the contacts. It's only a workarround because it seems that "they" have changed something with contact sync.

Notice that you will not receive an automatic notification of this update in your current version of MojoWhatsup due to the takedown of the repo.

You can download it from here

It's also available at Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Second point is interesting. Antonio you have plans to pursue that route for MWU?
    I don't think so.
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    ananimus likes this.
    Amoralico.
    Regarding the takedown notices by whatsapp, I found some info you might want to know.

http://boingboing.net/2014/02/21/wha...mca-to-ce.html

From the article:
    " Prior to Whatsapp's $19B acquisition by Facebook, the company sent a large number of spurious takedowns against projects on Github. In a DMCA notice served by Whatsapp's General Counsel to Github, a number of projects are targeted for removal on the basis that they are "content that infringes on WhatsApp Inc.'s copyrights and trademarks."

This is grossly improper. DMCA takedown notices never apply to alleged trademark violations (it's called the "Digital Millennium Copyright Act" and not the "Digital Millennium Trademark Act"). Using DMCA notices to pursue trademark infringements isn't protecting your interests -- it's using barratry-like tactics to scare and bully third parties into participating in illegitimate censorship. "

It is an interesting read, and I recommend it very much.

JP
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Amoralico.
    Regarding the takedown notices by whatsapp, I found some info you might want to know.

Whatsapp abused the DMCA to censor related projects from Github - Boing Boing

From the article:
    " Prior to Whatsapp's $19B acquisition by Facebook, the company sent a large number of spurious takedowns against projects on Github. In a DMCA notice served by Whatsapp's General Counsel to Github, a number of projects are targeted for removal on the basis that they are "content that infringes on WhatsApp Inc.'s copyrights and trademarks."

This is grossly improper. DMCA takedown notices never apply to alleged trademark violations (it's called the "Digital Millennium Copyright Act" and not the "Digital Millennium Trademark Act"). Using DMCA notices to pursue trademark infringements isn't protecting your interests -- it's using barratry-like tactics to scare and bully third parties into participating in illegitimate censorship. "

It is an interesting read, and I recommend it very much.

JP
    Yes unfortunately for the last part is the key:

Unfortunately, there are no real penalties for this sort of abuse. Which is a shame, because Whatsapp has $19B in the bank that a smart lawyer who wanted to represent the aggrieved parties could certainly take a chunk out of.
    It's just best interest of MWU for Antonio to keep it closed source for now. That's what scorpius over at Maemo did with yappari.

I cant send messages ...
    Last edited by alfabetapeta; 02/22/2014 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfabetapeta View Post
    I cant send messages ...
    Oh snap. Was just catching up on this thread. Just used MWU a couple of hours ago w/ a UK friend.

Once I read all this though, I went on to tell her my WA might die and guess what...? Mine won't send now either.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfabetapeta View Post
    I cant send messages ...
    I seem to be unable to send messages either... From Android to Android... (So it may be widespread)

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk Pro
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I seem to be unable to send messages either... From Android to Android... (So it may be widespread)

Ah. Maybe our new Zucky overlords are taking over the keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Ah. Maybe our new Zucky overlords are taking over the keys.
    Of course!!

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    FWIW: http://downdetector.com/status/whatsapp

Big spike in down reports about 20 mins ago.
    Please Help, I want to delete my account, but tabbing the remove account button says "cant remove Account" and I can hit OK. How can I remove my Watsapp account?

Daniel