Page 105 of 142 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Hi Gizmo,

i wonder, if there is an error in your FULL-Script:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Mojowhatsup"
    APPNOTE="-FULL SAVE- To restore on different device: start MWU once then close - then restore - directly reboot the device" 
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup"
    DSTSUB="mojowhatsup"
    FILES="*"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup/Audio"
    DSTSUB="Images"                                                         <-------------------- Audio -> Images ?
    FILES="*"
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup/Images"
    DSTSUB="Images"
    FILES="*"
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup/Videos"
    DSTSUB="Images"                                                        <---------------------- Video -> Images ?
    FILES="*"
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/appdata/com.palm.mojowhatsup"
    DSTSUB="com.palm.mojowhatsup"
    FILES="* .challenge"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies
    exit 0
    I marked two passages in your script ! Is this all ok there ?

regards

Achim aus Giessen

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    @Toni you seem to have a very old save&resore script of mine, as the "APPINFO" is not shown on your screenshot: "To restore on different device: start MWU once then close - restore - direct device reboot required"
    But perhaps it also disapears on error.

So to the problem itself:
    i don't have an /Images folder at all on my system (running 1.5.3 ). That's why i also don't have it in my script so far:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Mojowhatsup"
    APPNOTE="To restore on different device: start MWU once then close - restore - direct device reboot required" 
    DSTSUB="mojowhatsup"
    FILES="*"
    FILES="* .challenge"
    exit 0
    So if this dir is really new on 1.6.x we have to add another directory:
    Code:
    DSTSUB="Images"
    FILES="*"
    I also thought about having 2 different scripts:
    One to have at least with the most important stuff always saved, like the database (convos) and cookies (passwords..)- which is also data which easly gets lost on updates.
    And a second script to save the media stuff like images,videos,vcf... (which is large, more easy to save manually via USB and very easiely breaks in script by filenames having spaces...)

To test you could use this Version 2.5 with /Images integrated (attached)

[Update] oh and i forgot perhaps there are no files in /Images, perhaps this is where the error is from. Just put one in and try again (also with old version of script).

[Update] Save&Restore scripts version 2.5: Now with DBONLY and FULL script (having new 3 folders saved for 1.6x)- readme.txt inside zip. Please rename one of the scripts, i think you can only use one at a time.
    Amoralico, you might want to consider to test your C(++) code with Coverity Scan. Seems that the webOS team uses it as well and helps them fix quite some issues in the code :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/19/2013 at 08:42 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by achimi View Post
    Hi Gizmo,

i wonder, if there is an error in your FULL-Script:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Mojowhatsup"
    APPNOTE="-FULL SAVE- To restore on different device: start MWU once then close - then restore - directly reboot the device" 
    DSTSUB="mojowhatsup"
    FILES="*"
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup/Audio"
    DSTSUB="Images"                                                         <-------------------- Audio -> Images ?
    FILES="*"
    DSTSUB="Images"
    FILES="*"
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup/Videos"
    DSTSUB="Images"                                                        <---------------------- Video -> Images ?
    FILES="*"
    FILES="* .challenge"
    exit 0
    I marked two passages in your script ! Is this all ok there ?

regards

Achim aus Giessen
    There is NOT - this is a copy&paste error, thx for heads up. Those should be changed. Hope to check the script live when updating soon, as i said i'm still on 1.5.6.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11/19/2013 at 05:05 AM.
    achimi and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    There is NOT - this is a copy&paste error, thx for heads up. Those should be changed. Hope to check the script live when updating soon, as i said i'm still on 1.5.6.
    Hi Gizmo,

i am very glad, that i was of any help. Thanks for your ongoing support of S/R for mojowhatsup.

I think, i will be awaiting your version change (1.5.6 -> 1.6.6), I still (Version 1.6.5) have the Problem, that the script states to not find "Audio" oder "Images"-direktories.......
    I made manual Backup (btw. there are now 2 DB-Files in the .Appdata....direktory ?-), is that normal ?) and want to install now the version 1.6.6. Installed, all fine until now.

Another proposal, you made the last 2 versions of your script (2.5 and 2.51) in this forum available. Wouldn t it be better to also update the s/r forum-thread. Because therefore i have a bookmark. I know its your free time and i am very thankful for your script....... :-). Sometimes its hard to find such things in big threads.....

Cheers

Achim
    Quote Originally Posted by achimi View Post
    Hi Gizmo,

i am very glad, that i was of any help. Thanks for your ongoing support of S/R for mojowhatsup.

I think, i will be awaiting your version change (1.5.6 -> 1.6.6), I still (Version 1.6.5) have the Problem, that the script states to not find "Audio" oder "Images"-direktories.......
    I made manual Backup (btw. there are now 2 DB-Files in the .Appdata....direktory ?-), is that normal ?) and want to install now the version 1.6.6. Installed, all fine until now.

Another proposal, you made the last 2 versions of your script (2.5 and 2.51) in this forum available. Wouldn t it be better to also update the s/r forum-thread. Because therefore i have a bookmark. I know its your free time and i am very thankful for your script....... :-). Sometimes its hard to find such things in big threads.....

Cheers

Achim
    i will update S/R thread as soon as i have myself verfied it works correctly. 2 DBs are fine, amoralico made that change with version (1.search this thread and insert for yourself )
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
    Since even the latest version isnt helping, I'd suggest you to read the pages( around page no 70 ) . In the past we had discussed the various issues of not getting sms code, issues of having used Android and then MWA, and similar. Also a lot of solutions has been suggested , any one could work for you. I think Bluestacks might work for you.
    Today I tried to get MWU code and it sais:
    Status = sent
    Digits = 6
    Method = sms

It didn't sowed the "Retry_after=xxxx" result, so I guess this time it went through, right?
    Thing is no sms has arrived yet. How long could it take?

EDIT 1:
    Ok, read in the FAQs that even the sms code could delay 1 day. So guess I'll program my self to a 3 day waiting periods, just as I did with requesting the code from WhatsApp.

EDIT 2:
    Ok, so 60 hours later (2 ½ days) and I haven't received the WhatsApp code. I wonder if I have to doo something else? Last time was immediate, but this time has taken longer that expected.

Thanks so much for the help (no wonder why its known as the BEST community of all).
    Regards,
    Last edited by ajguns; 11/24/2013 at 10:21 PM.
  7.    #2087  
    This new version only adds the "Invisible mode" feature.
    If enabled your last seen timestamp will not be up to date and your contacts will not see your online/typing status. But also you will not see the online/typing status of your contacts.

Download
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    pnkjtweets and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Today I tried to get MWU code and it sais:

EDIT 1:
    Ok, read in the FAQs that even the sms code could delay 1 day. So guess I'll program my self to a 3 day waiting periods, just as I did with requesting the code from WhatsApp.

EDIT 2:
    Ok, so 60 hours later (2 ½ days) and I haven't received the WhatsApp code. I wonder if I have to doo something else? Last time was immediate, but this time has taken longer that expected.

Thanks so much for the help (no wonder why its known as the BEST community of all).
    Regards,
    Did you try using Bluestacks? You didnt mention it in your post. Its obvious just requesting the code isnt working for you. Try using that or maybe try using a different handset or a different sim in your handset. One has to tinker around and suit what works. We all have tried and benefited from one of the ways thats mentioned in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    This new version only adds the "Invisible mode" feature.
    If enabled your last seen timestamp will not be up to date and your contacts will not see your online/typing status. But also you will not see the online/typing status of your contacts.

Download
    I guess I wont be needing this particular update right away, Just to clarify ,will the other contacts last seen time stamp update or even their timestamps won't be updated like ours. I suppose this is a different thing than seeing ONLINE/TYPING (either me or the contacts).
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
    Did you try using Bluestacks? You didnt mention it in your post. Its obvious just requesting the code isnt working for you. Try using that or maybe try using a different handset or a different sim in your handset. One has to tinker around and suit what works. We all have tried and benefited from one of the ways thats mentioned in the thread.
    Thank you, bluestack did the trick.
    Now, I gave my sister a Veer for her graduation (yes, I'm an awesome brother, I know...) and I want to put MojoWhatsUp in it. Thing is, she already used Bluestacks and didn't kept the code safe. We want to ask for another code but Bluestack WhatsApp deteects her phone number and doesn't give us the chance to request another one.
    Hope I explained myself.
    Best regards,
    Hey!
    I noticed my MojoWhatsUp's were coming a bit late, so I went to settings to change the "get messages" from every "5 minutes" to "as item arrives".
    What happened to my "as item arrives" option?!
    MWU v1.6.7
    Thanks,
    Last edited by ajguns; 12/02/2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Hi Folks,

I am trying to install mojoWhatsapp using preware on my pre2. The installation is haning on preware on the spinner screen showing the amount of bytes transferred which is equal to the toal amount.

anyone experiencing this?

Cheers
    andre
    Bug report... actually I forgot to report this in 1.6.6, the "Typing..." message doesn't go away even after someone finishes typing. I have to back out and go back into the chat, then it goes back to the normal "Online" or "Last Seen".

I have not enabled invisibility.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by andregarzia View Post
    Hi Folks,

I am trying to install mojoWhatsapp using preware on my pre2. The installation is haning on preware on the spinner screen showing the amount of bytes transferred which is equal to the toal amount.

anyone experiencing this?

Cheers
    andre
    Sounds like your connection. Have you tried downloading the IPK separately then install using Preware via USB storage?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Sounds like your connection. Have you tried downloading the IPK separately then install using Preware via USB storage?
    Network was fine but the USB trick worked. Thanks!

Can't get the SMS code though...
    What's the error, or just no response? WhatsApp's servers can be slow sometimes.

I gave a Veer of mine to my sister (she always liked it) and installed MojoWhatsUp on it, but since she already had BlueStacks on the PC to run android apps, she requested a code for her number and doesn't remember it.
    Well, what I did was to request a code for another number (cousin) and migrate it to her phone number.
    I don't know if I hit "Log In" or "Register" the first time. But first it game me the "Retry_After=xxx", but now it just says "Status=Fail" "Reason=Stale".
    Anyone has an idea?
    UPDATE:
    Please?!
    Thanks,
    Last edited by ajguns; 12/11/2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Thanx again for all your work Amoralico, after more than a year I'm still amazed how convenient it is to have WA running on my Veer.

Wanted to post a couple of my findings in 1.6.7 and a question about the difference with 1.5.x versions.

The features of 1.6.7 are everything one need. I'm a heavy user with over 70 chats including several group chats with over 15 persons each, in which the most persons are regularly using all the original whatsapp offers. Maybe only one thing is missing: being able to see the shared location name (by others) in stead of seeing only the location using numbers. But this may be an impossible option due to our maps applications?

The most important question is about the difference with 1.5.x versions. The speeds and snappiness of all 1.6.x versions is far less than 1.5.x versions: the messages arrive one by one with a delay of 2 seconds (in stead of quickly after each other), so catching up on conversations can be a painstaking wait. Is this delay a necessary consequence of all the new features or is there something possibly to be fixed. It seems to me that this delay is independent of the devices because the difference between speed in the versions is noticeable on my two veers and my touchpad. My secondary account with just a couple of chats shows the same difference in speed, so it seems to be independent of the amount of chats as well.

This isn't in any way a complaint or demand to do something but these are just questions with the purpose of possible improvement of MWU after what I've noticed. If there's any need in help with testing I'll be happy to do that.
    Unrelated to MWU somewhat but I found this little gem: https://github.com/davidgfnet/whatsapp-purple

It works but one caveat: it crashes the MWU plugin backend when you try to send a message to this client

Username is phone number with no +, password get it with Impostah.

Amoralico,

Congratulations for your excellent work!

If I can I leave a suggestion, there is some chance to open conversations in new cards?

I really love use this option in messaging, and could be more than perfect in MWU!

Well... this is only an idea...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)