Page 103 of 142 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    Version 1.6.5 has been released.

An important change for save/restore. Now preferences are stored in a separated database (not as a cookie) to avoid random deletion. It is stored as local storage under the same folder than the app database. i.e. /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.mojowhatsup_0/.

Account data such as password, userid, etc. is still stored in a cookie.
    Oh well then it seems i have to update my testing device... But it could be that the current save&Restore Scripts already save this db too as script tell just to get all databases and cookies:

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies
    DB Only script works fine for 1.6.4, I'll test again for 1.6.5.

Thanks gizmo.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    DB Only script working fine for 1.6.5 too. As you suspect, the new preference-settings database are backed up without modify script. Thanks.
    Thanks too for amoralico. Updating and working fine the new 1.6.5. Thanks very much.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    thx for testing.
    Found an issue...

If I have an incoming message, I tap on it to view it, then backswipe back to main scene, I have a spinning circle that won't go away, though you can see under it everything has loaded and updating (status changing). Have to throw the card away and relaunch for it to show up again.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Found an issue...

If I have an incoming message, I tap on it to view it, then backswipe back to main scene, I have a spinning circle that won't go away, though you can see under it everything has loaded and updating (status changing). Have to throw the card away and relaunch for it to show up again.
    I confirm the issue,this happened once in a while for 1.6.4 as i mentioned before but rather a frequent occurrence in 1.6.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Found an issue...

Same here...the rest works fine as usual!
    Gizmo, just had a thought, is the full backup version actually necessary? WhatsApp servers actually retain the links to all the images sent and received, so depending on MWU's behaviour for files downloaded (the floppy disk icon if it disappears and prompt redownload), do we actually need to back them up? Can always just redownload it.

Of course that also depends on WA's retention policy, but from what I see so far most of my images far back are still available.

great find and good to know. But nobody needs to use FULL version. I could assume some are quite ok with having all downloaded stuff saved on device and not having to download all again, e.g. after doctoring or transfer to other device.

as long as both versions work and changes don't occur to often, i have no prob maintaining them.
    No posts in the thread lately! I guess thats because this update doesnt cause any problems with most. I couldnt find any issue other than the spinning circle thing too. Also I'd like to know from you guys, which is more convenient- the option to close the app in the settings when no messages or never close. In terms of battery life honestly i couldnt find it getting any longer. I have put it on checking the msgs every 15 mins and close the app ,when no msgs.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi,

I also have the spinning circle-issue.
    Also in the dashboard the auto-download information is not updated.

What I miss is a dark theme...

THANKS for your support and developing!!!

Greetings from Germany!
    "Spinning-circle issue" occurred to me too for the first time yesterday, after swiping back from a conversation.

Pre 3 with 2.2.4, UK version.
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
    No posts in the thread lately! I guess thats because this update doesnt cause any problems with most. I couldnt find any issue other than the spinning circle thing too.
    So it seems 1.6.5 could be a version i could upgrade from my old 1.56 without having more trouble afterwards than having advantages. I'm no heavy user though, so new options are less important to me as long as messages arrive and that for you did a great job amoralico, against all WA protocol odds.

Hope direct upgrade from 56 to 65 works?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    So it seems 1.6.5 could be a version i could upgrade from my old 1.56 without having more trouble afterwards than having advantages. I'm no heavy user though, so new options are less important to me as long as messages arrive and that for you did a great job amoralico, against all WA protocol odds.

Hope direct upgrade from 56 to 65 works?
    Hey gizmo, I'd advice you to hold on before upgrading 1.6.5 since you dont care for new features. Rather 1.6.4 would be better.
    Last edited by pnkjtweets; 10/29/2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: typo
    Hello, I just installed the latest version but ran into an issue. When I try to register my number, I always get an error saying "request error".
    Latest Version (german) does not work well
    -VERY slow start, sometimes not at all "Plugin failed"
    -Spinning circle issue
    -mostly screen does not respond at all when I tap into text to correct or retype something
    -When I want to attach an image the top button (neues Foto) disappears after a few seconds
    -Screen sometimes not responding when I want to attach a Photo from my albums
    hey all,
    Just wondering hows the latest version working for you all , Did anyone recognize the reason for the spinning circle issue? Also has anyone noticed if its a long message maybe like a page full, the screen goes white if we try to scroll down. It doesnt happen everytime but most. I prefer to delete a long message after reading or save it on notes .
    Personally had no issues with the latest version ( no spinning circle, by example ), but it's possible that once or twice some messages arrived with a lot of delay ( thing that anyway I'm unsure if due to the client or the server ).
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Personally had no issues with the latest version ( no spinning circle, by example ), but it's possible that once or twice some messages arrived with a lot of delay ( thing that anyway I'm unsure if due to the client or the server ).
    I have not had any issues at all with my Pre2 (English) and Pre3 (German), both run 1.6.5 just fine.
    Temporary workaround for the 1.6.5 spinning circle issue while we wait for the fix...

Instead of restarting the app, when you launch the app via the notification, tap the avatar icon instead, and immediately swipe back to the main chats list. This will leave the messages unread and avoid the bug. Then proceed as usual to read your messages, then this time when you backswipe it'll be just the regular menu with no spinning circle.

Beats throwing and relaunching the card.