Page 101 of 142 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2831
Like Tree737Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I just installed the latest update and the conversation that was open when it installed is locked in that I can't send in it anymore. I've restarted the program and the phone without a change. Other conversations seem to be able to send so far, though. Could that chat be corrupted somehow?
    First of all thanks for developing new versions that fast!

Same here, some of my chats are blocked, when i tap on send the button is animated but nothing happens.

But i have noticed that the battery drain is less than in the other versions!
  2.    #2002  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotenoeffner View Post
    First of all thanks for developing new versions that fast!

Same here, some of my chats are blocked, when i tap on send the button is animated but nothing happens.

But i have noticed that the battery drain is less than in the other versions!
    I need you to send me the log file that is located in /var/log/messages with content generated just after the bug
    My apps: MojoWhatsup (FAQ)
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    @Toni you seem to have a very old save&resore script of mine, as the "APPINFO" is not shown on your screenshot: "To restore on different device: start MWU once then close - restore - direct device reboot required"
    But perhaps it also disapears on error.

So to the problem itself:
    i don't have an /Images folder at all on my system (running 1.5.3 ). That's why i also don't have it in my script so far:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Mojowhatsup"
    APPNOTE="To restore on different device: start MWU once then close - restore - direct device reboot required" 
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup"
    DSTSUB="mojowhatsup"
    FILES="*"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/appdata/com.palm.mojowhatsup"
    DSTSUB="com.palm.mojowhatsup"
    FILES="* .challenge"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies
    exit 0
    So if this dir is really new on 1.6.x we have to add another directory:
    Code:
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup/Images"
    DSTSUB="Images"
    FILES="*"
    I also thought about having 2 different scripts:
    One to have at least with the most important stuff always saved, like the database (convos) and cookies (passwords..)- which is also data which easly gets lost on updates.
    And a second script to save the media stuff like images,videos,vcf... (which is large, more easy to save manually via USB and very easiely breaks in script by filenames having spaces...)

To test you could use this Version 2.5 with /Images integrated (attached)

[Update] oh and i forgot perhaps there are no files in /Images, perhaps this is where the error is from. Just put one in and try again (also with old version of script).
    I'll try reinstalling the new script you attached, but I did a cat on the script it looks the same to me. But it could be my tired eyes. And actually my Images folder definitely had files. Previous versions looks like it only contained a flat folder.

I do like the idea of having a "lite" script with just the unreachable stuff. I backup my internal drive anyways so it's somewhat redundant to have the S/R ZIP back up the internal folder as well.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10/10/2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    So i'll give it a go with that 2 part script.
    @amoralico which other possible folders are there new to 1.6.x ?
    I know of those 2 now:
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup/Audio"

And are there any more single files like '.challenge' which should go into a "important files/DB" save&restore script?
  5.    #2005  
    So i'll give it a go with that 2 part script.
    @amoralico which other possible folders are there new to 1.6.x ?
    I know of those 2 now:
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup/Audio"

And are there any more single files like '.challenge' which should go into a "important files/DB" save&restore script?
    Another folder is "/media/internal/mojowhatsup/Video".
    And there are no more single files.
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    I need you to send me the log file that is located in /var/log/messages with content generated just after the bug
    Can you tell me again how to get that file?
    With webos quickinstall?
    Last edited by Knotenoeffner; 10/11/2013 at 03:15 AM.
    Anyone know how to stop the "there are no unread messages" alert?
  8.    #2008  
    Can you tell me again how to get that file?
    With webos quickinstall?
    Yes. That is.
    One minor bug that tripped my OCD... on messages I send out, if the displayed length is more than one line, the text gets justified left instead of right like all others.

Otherwise great update so far apart from a few translations.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    @ToniCipriani and @CptOx please test new version 2.51 of scripts with FULL and DBONLY version:
    MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
    Yes. That is.
    sent u an im with the download link!
    Here's a bug I have been finding for the whole time I used any version since 1.6.0: when trying to go back from a chat to main menu using backward gesture, sometimes MWU "rolls back" through the chat history instead. Only after a few tries it finally brings me back to main menu.
    @Toni you seem to have a very old save&resore script of mine, as the "APPINFO" is not shown on your screenshot: "To restore on different device: start MWU once then close - restore - direct device reboot required"
    But perhaps it also disapears on error.

So to the problem itself:
    i don't have an /Images folder at all on my system (running 1.5.3 ). That's why i also don't have it in my script so far:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Mojowhatsup"
    APPNOTE="To restore on different device: start MWU once then close - restore - direct device reboot required" 
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/mojowhatsup"
    DSTSUB="mojowhatsup"
    FILES="*"
    SRCDIR="/media/internal/appdata/com.palm.mojowhatsup"
    DSTSUB="com.palm.mojowhatsup"
    FILES="* .challenge"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies
    exit 0
    So if this dir is really new on 1.6.x we have to add another directory:
    Code:
    DSTSUB="Images"
    FILES="*"
    I also thought about having 2 different scripts:
    One to have at least with the most important stuff always saved, like the database (convos) and cookies (passwords..)- which is also data which easly gets lost on updates.
    And a second script to save the media stuff like images,videos,vcf... (which is large, more easy to save manually via USB and very easiely breaks in script by filenames having spaces...)

To test you could use this Version 2.5 with /Images integrated (attached)

[Update] oh and i forgot perhaps there are no files in /Images, perhaps this is where the error is from. Just put one in and try again (also with old version of script).

[Update] Save&Restore scripts version 2.5: Now with DBONLY and FULL script (having new 3 folders saved for 1.6x)- readme.txt inside zip. Please rename one of the scripts, i think you can only use one at a time.
    hi i clicked upon the link of save/restore in the above post and it says file is not supported. Please tell me what to do to get past the error.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    One minor bug that tripped my OCD... on messages I send out, if the displayed length is more than one line, the text gets justified left instead of right like all others.

Otherwise great update so far apart from a few translations.
    Hey, amoralico thanks again for the new update. I am a bit late this time to give my review of the version. First of all, great work with the Dropdown, its simple,clutter free ,yet with all the options. Thanks for the new ' Blocking " option ,I am sure some would welcome the feature. This version is really good and hard to find fault. Just to be scientific in approach and evaluate I am mentioning some points -
    1. I confirm about justification to left (i use palm styling and recognised it the first time it happened.)
    2. Occassionally i have seen after seeing one or 2 new messages when i do back gesture instead of showing all read messages in front page it shows the previous unread msg look and immediately the loading sign(rotating circle) appears .
    Will post other things as i come across
    Exporting chat option works fine
    No reverting to default bubblechat option / or background happened in 12 hrs.
    Lesser lag compared to previous versions.
    I noticed the delayed going of msgs than previous version,but will confirm only after I am clear on net speed etc.
  15.    #2015  
    sent u an im with the download link!
    Thanks. I got it.
    I found the error. I will correct it for the next version.
    Meanwhile I think you can solve the problem if you add the person your are chating with to your contacts, because it seems that he/she hasn't been added.
    your work continues to be one of the main reasons I've not switched my touchpad to android, thanks so much, I hope you know how much your work means to us!
    Thanks. I got it.
    I found the error. I will correct it for the next version.
    Meanwhile I think you can solve the problem if you add the person your are chating with to your contacts, because it seems that he/she hasn't been added.
    Yes sometimes when people get a new number i forget to add them But adding them works, thank you
    Since having the option to have the app running in the background I'm not sure what I should set, meaning I have no unlimited 24/7 data plan so I'm on 3G every now and then but not continuously, in my case it would be more convenient to have it running on the background because that way I know whatsapp will connect as soon as I'm on 3G or get a known wi-fi, otherwise I'd have to switch it on every time right?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkjtweets View Post
    hi i clicked upon the link of save/restore in the above post and it says file is not supported. Please tell me what to do to get past the error.
    I can't read exactly what your problem is, but you have to download and extract the zip file. If you have no app for that do it on your PC. More How-to on using save&Restore for MWU is found in the Save&Restore thread
    I can't read exactly what your problem is, but you have to download and extract the zip file. If you have no app for that do it on your PC. More How-to on using save&Restore for MWU is found in the Save&Restore thread
    Thank you gizmo, I didnt have the app to unzip in my Pre2 , unzipped on PC and copied to cell and its done now..